LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

603 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 6/13/2024 at 12:35 PM, Unknown1234543 said:

Hey at least you know your paperwork is moving…I’ve been lost in limbo for over a year now. Multiple pds after mine have been approved.

Ahhh that's tough Unknown. I understand how frustrating it is to see others being approved and feeling like you're being left behind. I hope that you will have good news in the upcoming days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Received the RFE and it's a bit of a doozy. USCIS stated that it appears that the beneficiary is using multiple names, but they can't confirm that the names used all belong to the same person. Therefore they want us to submit evidence showing that his two names used are in fact for the same person. The issue is that one is a nickname, so it won't show up in any legal documents, and they stated that affidavits will only have minimal weight unless they are accompanied by other objective evidence. It seems like I might have to turn to a lawyer for assistance on this one, since I can't seem to figure out how to prove that one is a nickname and the other is a legal name 

19 hours ago, Eberechi said:

If you get nothing after tomorrow's afternoon, reach them through Emma in the evening. What does your case status say when you check?

How do I chat with Emma and not get an automated response because that’s all I get from her.

Does the NVC welcome letter get mailed to the petitioner or the beneficiary address?  We're applying from outside the US (I'm still in the UK) so just wondering where it's gonna end up.  Thanks folks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Unknown1234543 said:

How do I chat with Emma and not get an automated response because that’s all I get from her.

Type live chat it then follow the procedure they will direct you and ask you questions once is correct they will connect you to someone that you will ask anything about your caseScreenshot_20240618_184602_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.61348caaabc4b1130b7502b2341a76fe.jpg

Screenshot_20240618_184602_WhatsApp.jpg

Just now, Eberechi said:

Type live chat it then follow the procedure they will direct you and ask you questions once is correct they will connect you to someone that you will ask anything about your caseScreenshot_20240618_184602_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.61348caaabc4b1130b7502b2341a76fe.jpg

In the question space, just type 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eberechi said:

In the question space, just type 

Type live chat, then you will be connected with someone to speak with 

2 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Type live chat, then you will be connected with someone to speak with 

Your case is processing normally. The earliest you can submit questions is March 03, 2025. Please do not contact us before this date. We will notify you if we need any additional information. We appreciate your patience while we review your case. Processing times may change – return to this page regularly for updates.

No help!!!!!!

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Unknown1234543 said:

Your case is processing normally. The earliest you can submit questions is March 03, 2025. Please do not contact us before this date. We will notify you if we need any additional information. We appreciate your patience while we review your case. Processing times may change – return to this page regularly for updates.

No help!!!!!!

Yeah, they were not going to approve it immediately because you called, but the essence of calling is to remind them of your case, you should be approved before the end of the weekend 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello! We applied on May 22, 2023. We've just received a notification of RFE but there isn't any document on the uscis page. Is it sent only by post and do they expect a reply only by post?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, n.samuraibear said:

Hello! We applied on May 22, 2023. We've just received a notification of RFE but there isn't any document on the uscis page. Is it sent only by post and do they expect a reply only by post?

They will send you a mail. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Eberechi said:

They will send you a mail. 

Thank you! We are overseas so we won't be able to respond the same day if it's paper mail. Is there a way to get it online? There's nothing on the myuscis page and the live chat with emma doesn't seem to want to connect me to an agent

Timeline
3 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

Thank you! We are overseas so we won't be able to respond the same day if it's paper mail. Is there a way to get it online? There's nothing on the myuscis page and the live chat with emma doesn't seem to want to connect me to an agent

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can communicate with people overseas through email and USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. For example, USCIS sends an email notification within 24 hours of accepting an application or petition to overseas customers. USCIS also uses the Secure Mail Initiative (SMI) to deliver certain immigration documents, such as Green Cards, travel documents, and employment authorization documents, using USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. This allows USCIS to confirm delivery of these documents.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Eberechi said:

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) can communicate with people overseas through email and USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. For example, USCIS sends an email notification within 24 hours of accepting an application or petition to overseas customers. USCIS also uses the Secure Mail Initiative (SMI) to deliver certain immigration documents, such as Green Cards, travel documents, and employment authorization documents, using USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. This allows USCIS to confirm delivery of these documents.

Thank you! But from those who've experienced it - is the RFE by paper only or also available online in some way?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.