LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

603 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
7 hours ago, ItsMeTom said:

Hi there! I just came online to tell that my status now shows the case has been sent to DoS. No WL yet though, maybe due to the weekend. Hopefully something this week. How about you?

After how many days it was sent to NVC after i-130 approval?

I saw my approval letter 6/3, but it didn't change to approved until 6/5 and it changed to send to NVC 6/8 and we received a welcome letter email from NVC same day.

7 hours ago, ItsMeTom said:

Hi there! I just came online to tell that my status now shows the case has been sent to DoS. No WL yet though, maybe due to the weekend. Hopefully something this week. How about you?

After how many days it was sent to NVC after i-130 approval?

I saw my approval letter 6/3, but it didn't change to approved until 6/5 and it changed to send to NVC 6/8 and we received a welcome letter email from NVC same day.

7 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Re-submit the I-130? As far as the RFE goes, I'm not going to have any documentation for that because it's my wife's info they're asking for and it doesn't apply to her. I don't have any address to send anything to them, they want me to send it by FAX. 

Re-submit the I-130? As far as the RFE goes, I'm not going to have any documentation for that because it's my wife's info they're asking for and it doesn't apply to her. I don't have any address to send anything to them, they want me to send it by FAX. 

2 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Alright that's good, but you should also try out my little input, it should bring about a quick response so that you can also get to NVC this month.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, D3vilD0g6582 said:

Re-submit the I-130? As far as the RFE goes, I'm not going to have any documentation for that because it's my wife's info they're asking for and it doesn't apply to her. I don't have any address to send anything to them, they want me to send it 

Someone made such mistake and that was how he handled it. Go through what I said very well so that you will understand it. There's a space for additional information, write a letter explaining the mistake and upload it attaching your divorce document to it 

4 hours ago, HmoobTsaabLady said:

Thanks for the information!

9 hours ago, fullybaked said:

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone with more experience can help with a little advice.  We applied on May 17th 23, and got the acceptance with a PD of 17th May, but the "notice" date was for 5th Oct.  When we set up the USCIS online, it said they'd started processing on 23rd May.  Up until last week the count down on the USCIS portal was about in line with us hearing something this week. Pretty steadily counting down. 

But today their site changed and says it's another 4 months out.  When I tried updating Visa Journey to use the NOA for the October date, VJ says it's an error.  Not sure which dates I should believe or when to expect any information on our I-130

Thanks in advance

Acceptance letter dates

ef39be3c137d920a3a4d1c3550479825.png

USCIS portal dates

e8124a99f2caa19d374d2c7cb9e07410.png

Do not even worry about the estimate time you see in the account. It fluctuates a lot. For some people it was still showing 10 months when they were approved. Based on your PD, you should be approved in 1-2 weeks max

10 hours ago, D3vilD0g6582 said:

No, didn't go through an attorney. Probably wouldn't have this problem if we had though. 

She's never filed for B1/B2, she's never been married before. 

I did speak with another person at USCIS on Friday and she was so much more help than the guy I spoke with before that. I had explained to her everything that had happened and mentioned to her that I was given advice to have this sent to a Tier 2 (thanks Tom). So, she did put a ticket in for a Tier 2 agent to contact me, and now I wait for the call. I received the RFE in the mail on Sat as well. They gave me until Sept to submit, but I need to get it done like yesterday. The office in Montgomery, AL is the one that's supposed to be calling. Hopefully very soon. 

Welcome! I agree with @Eberechi as well. While you are waiting for the call, I would say make the corrections in the i-130 form and write a letter (MS Word) explaining the mistake. When you receive the call, hopefully Tier 2 agent should be able to correct it, but they might asked for the corrected form. So while you are waiting for the call, re-fill the form to be on safe side. What I have seen is that once you submit the RFE, they approve within 2-3 days usually

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/2/2024 at 3:25 AM, Eberechi said:

Good morning, have studied previous cases of others. It took me countless research and inquiries. 

Last week, the USCIS almost didn't approve people, but at least, they approved 9th PD's which should have been approved last week Monday. So hopefully they meet up this week.

What's your PD? 

It's November 6, 2023

Last I checked I was at Nebraska service centre 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.