LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

604 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/7/2024 at 7:40 AM, D3vilD0g6582 said:

Yes, I received their RFE a couple of days ago. Apparently I put the information for my past marriage/divorce in the spot for my wife's information (she's never been married before) and now they are asking for her documents for marriage /divorce. I talked to a person at USCIS yesterday and there's nothing they can do to change it. He recommended an immigration attorney to correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry, just seeing this now... any progress yet? I will write you shortly 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

That's sad, have you tried writing to them? Was your case initially handled by an attorney? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, ItsMeTom said:

Hi there! I just came online to tell that my status now shows the case has been sent to DoS. No WL yet though, maybe due to the weekend. Hopefully something this week. How about you?

After how many days it was sent to NVC after i-130 approval?

It was sent to NVC yesterday. We were approved on Tuesday, so basically it took them one working day to process it being Friday. NVC Welcome Letter should come this week, probably by or before Thursday 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

That's sad, have you tried writing to them? Was your case initially handled by an attorney? 

Has your wife ever filed for a B1/B2 visa before? Probably as a married person?

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

Okay, here is  my advice, you should upload it in the right place and submit again. Then in addition, you the petitioner can write a letter and upload in additional document explaining that the mistake was made during the uploading phase. Also attach the RFE and mail to the USCIS address. It shouldn't be a problem. Please do this first and let me know the outcome 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

Okay, here is  my advice, you should upload it in the right place and submit again. Then in addition, you the petitioner can write a letter and upload in additional document explaining that the mistake was made during the uploading phase. Also attach the RFE and mail to the USCIS address. It shouldn't be a problem. Please do this first and let me know the outcome 

@D3vilD0g6582

Please update your timeline if you have received your approval. It will be really useful for those of us looking at the service center processing status.

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=2&sortby=2

Thank You!

Edited by kevlar-lammy

35 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

No, didn't go through an attorney. Probably wouldn't have this problem if we had though. 

She's never filed for B1/B2, she's never been married before. 

I did speak with another person at USCIS on Friday and she was so much more help than the guy I spoke with before that. I had explained to her everything that had happened and mentioned to her that I was given advice to have this sent to a Tier 2 (thanks Tom). So, she did put a ticket in for a Tier 2 agent to contact me, and now I wait for the call. I received the RFE in the mail on Sat as well. They gave me until Sept to submit, but I need to get it done like yesterday. The office in Montgomery, AL is the one that's supposed to be calling. Hopefully very soon. 

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone with more experience can help with a little advice.  We applied on May 17th 23, and got the acceptance with a PD of 17th May, but the "notice" date was for 5th Oct.  When we set up the USCIS online, it said they'd started processing on 23rd May.  Up until last week the count down on the USCIS portal was about in line with us hearing something this week. Pretty steadily counting down. 

But today their site changed and says it's another 4 months out.  When I tried updating Visa Journey to use the NOA for the October date, VJ says it's an error.  Not sure which dates I should believe or when to expect any information on our I-130

Thanks in advance

Acceptance letter dates

ef39be3c137d920a3a4d1c3550479825.png

USCIS portal dates

e8124a99f2caa19d374d2c7cb9e07410.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

wahoo, we've just been approved, PD May 18th

Visa journey so far

CR1

18-05-2023 - I-130 filed

18-05-2023 - I-130 NOA1 sent

10-06-2024 - I-130 NOA2 sent

18-06-2024 - Welcome letter received

18-06-2024 - Paid fees

21-06-2024 - I-864 payment cleared, I-864 and supporting documents uploaded

26-06-2024 - IV payment cleared, DS-260 completed and documents uploaded

03-07-2024 - Document Qualified

18-09-2024 - IL Received

01-11-2024 - Interview

Timeline
4 hours ago, D3vilD0g6582 said:

No, didn't go through an attorney. Probably wouldn't have this problem if we had though. 

She's never filed for B1/B2, she's never been married before. 

I did speak with another person at USCIS on Friday and she was so much more help than the guy I spoke with before that. I had explained to her everything that had happened and mentioned to her that I was given advice to have this sent to a Tier 2 (thanks Tom). So, she did put a ticket in for a Tier 2 agent to contact me, and now I wait for the call. I received the RFE in the mail on Sat as well. They gave me until Sept to submit, but I need to get it done like yesterday. The office in Montgomery, AL is the one that's supposed to be calling. Hopefully very soon. 

Alright that's good, but you should also try out my little input, it should bring about a quick response so that you can also get to NVC this month.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Unknown1234543 said:

Still waiting. 😔. Are we going off of the priority date or when they started actively reviewing?

Please refresh your email or check under your document tab on your USCIS account. 18th PD just got approved. Regardless relax, just be assured you will hear from them before the week runs out. And yes, they are still working based off the priority date. Congratulations 

1 hour ago, Deker1972 said:

wahoo, we've just been approved, PD May 18th

Congratulations 

Timeline
3 hours ago, fullybaked said:

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone with more experience can help with a little advice.  We applied on May 17th 23, and got the acceptance with a PD of 17th May, but the "notice" date was for 5th Oct.  When we set up the USCIS online, it said they'd started processing on 23rd May.  Up until last week the count down on the USCIS portal was about in line with us hearing something this week. Pretty steadily counting down. 

But today their site changed and says it's another 4 months out.  When I tried updating Visa Journey to use the NOA for the October date, VJ says it's an error.  Not sure which dates I should believe or when to expect any information on our I-130

Thanks in advance

Acceptance letter dates

ef39be3c137d920a3a4d1c3550479825.png

USCIS portal dates

e8124a99f2caa19d374d2c7cb9e07410.png

Your PD says May 17th, yes you will be approved this week. Any moment from now. Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.