LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

604 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, appleblossom said:

Any immigrant visa - it's the same process for all of them. See the webpage above which gives you the current dates NVC are working on, it's updated every Monday. 

Oh okay... 6 weeks to receive a welcome letter. That's quite an information. Thank you for the update 

1 minute ago, Eberechi said:

Oh okay... 6 weeks to receive a welcome letter. That's quite an information. Thank you for the update 

No problem. It does fluctuate, I've never seen it as short as 1-3 days though. The longest I've seen was about 70 days I think. 

But just check it each Monday and you'll be able to see what cases they're working on to give you an idea. 

Good luck. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

No problem. It does fluctuate, I've never seen it as short as 1-3 days though. The longest I've seen was about 70 days I think. 

But just check it each Monday and you'll be able to see what cases they're working on to give you an idea. 

Good luck. 

I have seen where someone received a welcome letter on the third day after USCIS approval. You are right though, I believe the timing it's not constant 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

I have seen where someone received a welcome letter on the third day after USCIS approval. You are right though, I believe the timing it's not constant 

I'd wonder if that was a typo or somebody winding you up to be honest - that wouldn't even give enough time for it to be transferred to NVC! Go with the official info in the link above and then be pleasantly surprised if it's sooner, but ours was accurate to the day from that. 

P.S. Your time starts when your status shows 'case was sent to the department of state'. If your status still says 'case was approved' then it hasn't been transferred yet. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
10 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I'd wonder if that was a typo or somebody winding you up to be honest - that wouldn't even give enough time for it to be transferred to NVC! Go with the official info in the link above and then be pleasantly surprised if it's sooner, but ours was accurate to the day from that. 

P.S. Your time starts when your status shows 'case was sent to the department of state'. If your status still says 'case was approved' then it hasn't been transferred yet. 

As of 2021, some got their NVC letter next day after USCIS approval. Even in 2022 some got theirs in 2days, down to 2023. It can be gotten within 3days, 5days, a week, two weeks, a month or more. Thanks to your information. While the NVC gives that timeline, many gets approved in a short time period. You are correct in your information but yeah many got approved in 3days, less or more. 

1 minute ago, Eberechi said:

As of 2021, some got their NVC letter next day after USCIS approval. Even in 2022 some got theirs in 2days, down to 2023. It can be gotten within 3days, 5days, a week, two weeks, a month or more. Thanks to your information. While the NVC gives that timeline, many gets approved in a short time period. You are correct in your information but yeah many got approved in 3days, less or more. 

They may have done 3 years ago - I'm only going on the past 18 months or so when I've been tracking it. Lowest I've seen is 5 days (so would be over a week from I-130/I-140 approval, to allow for the transfer), highest was 72 days IIRC. 

But previous timescales aren't really relevant tbh as they do fluctuate so much. Just keep an eye on that processing page and that'll give you an idea. 

Good luck. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

They may have done 3 years ago - I'm only going on the past 18 months or so when I've been tracking it. Lowest I've seen is 5 days (so would be over a week from I-130/I-140 approval, to allow for the transfer), highest was 72 days IIRC. 

But previous timescales aren't really relevant tbh as they do fluctuate so much. Just keep an eye on that processing page and that'll give you an idea. 

Good luck. 

Alright, thank you 

11 hours ago, Eberechi said:

You guys! I have been approved!!! PD May 14th 2023. May 13th to 17th should Check theirs. I wish you all the best 

Congrats that’s awesome…PD May 15 still waiting 😔

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Eberechi said:

You are right. I am seeing the same trend for many in 2024 on reddit. Right now your case status might be saying approved and then in 2-3 days it will change to sent to NVC. After that you can expect within a week. By the way, does your approval notice say "we have sent the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)"?

19 minutes ago, Unknown1234543 said:

Congrats that’s awesome…PD May 15 still waiting 😔

You are next it the queue. Soon!

Edited by ItsMeTom

Timeline
7 minutes ago, ItsMeTom said:

You are right. I am seeing the same trend for many in 2024 on reddit. Right now your case status might be saying approved and then in 2-3 days it will change to sent to NVC. After that you can expect within a week. By the way, does your approval notice say "we have sent the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)"?

You are next it the queue. Soon!

Yeah, it says that. But you have to receive a welcome letter from the NVC which will contain your login details and website. Right now, let's wait for the approval letter. Hopefully, it comes in less than two weeks.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Eberechi said:

Yeah, it says that. But you have to receive a welcome letter from the NVC which will contain your login details and website. Right now, let's wait for the approval letter. Hopefully, it comes in less than two weeks.

I think you meant Welcome Letter, right? Yes, we need to wait for it for the login details. I'll keep this thread posted

Edited by ItsMeTom

Timeline
1 hour ago, ItsMeTom said:

I think you meant Welcome Letter, right? Yes, we need to wait for it for the login details. I'll keep this thread posted

Yes, sorry I thought you were asking about NVC Welcome Letter. Kindly check your document tab for your USCIS approval letter 

On 6/3/2024 at 3:10 PM, Eberechi said:

Have you heard from USCIS yet? If you don't get the information they demand from now to tomorrow, then try contacting them. Keep refreshing your email though.

Yes, I received their RFE a couple of days ago. Apparently I put the information for my past marriage/divorce in the spot for my wife's information (she's never been married before) and now they are asking for her documents for marriage /divorce. I talked to a person at USCIS yesterday and there's nothing they can do to change it. He recommended an immigration attorney to correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 hours ago, D3vilD0g6582 said:

Yes, I received their RFE a couple of days ago. Apparently I put the information for my past marriage/divorce in the spot for my wife's information (she's never been married before) and now they are asking for her documents for marriage /divorce. I talked to a person at USCIS yesterday and there's nothing they can do to change it. He recommended an immigration attorney to correct it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Sorry to hear that buddy. I would say request USCIS to have a Tier 2 office call you. See if that officer might be able to rectify this issue. It will be all well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.