LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

603 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2024 at 3:10 AM, Doc Holiday said:

Hi - We are May 7 2023 PD in the Philippines and still waiting for an interview date.  Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an interview from May?  It is for a spouse visa. 

Seems like everyone disappeared/approve.

????????????????????????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/16/2024 at 12:10 PM, Doc Holiday said:

Hi - We are May 7 2023 PD in the Philippines and still waiting for an interview date.  Is there anyone else who is still waiting for an interview from May?  It is for a spouse visa. 

Seems like everyone disappeared/approve.

Snooping through other posters doing consular processing, the embassy was giving out interview letters for those who were DQ September 2023. It seems like they're backed up and it's taking around a year. We're currently in the same boat where my spouse's interview is being routed to a busy embassy so we don't have high hopes for getting an interview by this year. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, tbmy said:

Snooping through other posters doing consular processing, the embassy was giving out interview letters for those who were DQ September 2023. It seems like they're backed up and it's taking around a year. We're currently in the same boat where my spouse's interview is being routed to a busy embassy so we don't have high hopes for getting an interview by this year. 

Those are the people who got skipped in Sept-Nov DQ list and didnt got their interview letters with others.

Timeline

Does anyone know what is happening with consulates why they are not sending out interview letters? The Consulate in Canada has completely stopped giving interview letters after March 12 Dq people.

Is this same case for other countries as well? 

Anybody know???????

20 hours ago, tbmy said:

Is this from the embassy in Turkey?

4 hours ago, AJ19962346 said:

Does anyone know what is happening with consulates why they are not sending out interview letters? The Consulate in Canada has completely stopped giving interview letters after March 12 Dq people.

Anybody know???????

I wonder if the interviewers got moved to interviewing illegal immigrants at the boarder.  An N-400 interview wait time is 4 months on the website.

12 hours ago, AJ19962346 said:

Anybody know???????

There are interview delays at several other embassies, which usually are pretty quick.  For instance, several of us at the Seoul Embassy had to complain to our congressmen about the interview wait times for CR1/IR1 visas suddenly doubling after April 2024.  Only then did they suddenly start scheduling them again, but many of us are enduring wait times longer than wait times during the COVid pandemic at the Seoul Embassy.

As far as why, who knows.  The Seoul Embassy has wait times of less than a week for non-immigrant visas.  Part of me wonders if has to do with the election year, but that is just speculation.  Regardless, I don't think any of the politicians (neither Democrat or Republican) in the US are concerned about helping legal immigrants. Lots of people trying to help migrants and illegal immigrants, but legal immigrants seem to get the short end of the stick unfortunately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/22/2024 at 2:20 PM, Doc Holiday said:

I wonder if the interviewers got moved to interviewing illegal immigrants at the boarder.  An N-400 interview wait time is 4 months on the website.

N-400 is for becoming an American Citizen. 

The reason why those are being approved at rapid pace is because the Biden/Harris administration has been trying to crank out as many new voters for the Democratic party as possible before the  November election.  

And yes, I am pretty sure all USCIS made all of it's employees focus on that and all the other abuse of power executive actions that Biden/Harris put into place when it pertains to anything related to immigration.  

This is why all of our petitions keep taking longer and longer to process. 

On 8/23/2024 at 4:02 PM, TiffAndMike said:

N-400 is for becoming an American Citizen. 

The reason why those are being approved at rapid pace is because the Biden/Harris administration has been trying to crank out as many new voters for the Democratic party as possible before the  November election.  

And yes, I am pretty sure all USCIS made all of it's employees focus on that and all the other abuse of power executive actions that Biden/Harris put into place when it pertains to anything related to immigration.  

This is why all of our petitions keep taking longer and longer to process. 

Well yeah.  I've never been a very political person myself, but going through the legal immigration process in the US is making me want to vote Republican more.  Not that the Republicans are exactly pro-immigrant, but I don't like how the Democrats seem to only want to help illegal immigrants at the expense of everyone else, which seems like a slap in the face to those of us who are trying follow the rules.

Like queuing up at the exit ramp for the highway on-ramp, and watching those people try to race ahead and cut in line.  Then there is someone ahead of you not only letting them cut in, but turning around to give you a big "middle finger" after they do it.  Like what the heck lol.

Timeline

Good news for all of you May 2023 filers who have your petitions at Potomac Service Center. They are currently processing May 14,2023 and earlier I-130's. After emailing President Biden, VP Harris and the CIS Ombudsman, I got an email back from Kimberley Coleman-Bearden, Chief USCIS Contact Center stating this. 

Timeline
On 8/24/2024 at 10:25 PM, fox3c said:

Well yeah.  I've never been a very political person myself, but going through the legal immigration process in the US is making me want to vote Republican more.  Not that the Republicans are exactly pro-immigrant, but I don't like how the Democrats seem to only want to help illegal immigrants at the expense of everyone else, which seems like a slap in the face to those of us who are trying follow the rules.

Like queuing up at the exit ramp for the highway on-ramp, and watching those people try to race ahead and cut in line.  Then there is someone ahead of you not only letting them cut in, but turning around to give you a big "middle finger" after they do it.  Like what the heck lol.

And THIS is exactly why I will never vote Democrat.  I'm a swing voter who was actually going to vote for Kennedy before he suspended his campaign and took his name off the ballot in Texas. After the utter misery of the LEGAL immigration experience, Trump is getting my vote now, despite the fact that it was Harris' office that forwarded my email complaint to USCIS about the never ending processing times for I-130's.

Timeline
2 hours ago, TiffAndMike said:

Good news for all of you May 2023 filers who have your petitions at Potomac Service Center. They are currently processing May 14,2023 and earlier I-130's. After emailing President Biden, VP Harris and the CIS Ombudsman, I got an email back from Kimberley Coleman-Bearden, Chief USCIS Contact Center stating this. 

So will cconsulate start sending interview letters?

Timeline
On 8/22/2024 at 12:18 PM, Doc Holiday said:

Is this from the embassy in Turkey?

Currently snooping around other forums and reddit, and they stated that many embassies are backlogged, including the Philippines and Turkey (Ankara location). Ankara mostly because they're processing other visas from other countries like Iran, Pakistan, Russia, etc. but again, the more people looking to get an appointment (non immigrant and immigrant), the fewer availabilities and the longer we wait.

Timeline
On 8/24/2024 at 8:25 PM, fox3c said:

Not very political myself and identify as an independent voter, which is why I'm not a fan of either of them. You'll get drawbacks for both parties and the reality is that Democrats will focus efforts on helping illegal immigrants while Republicans will focus efforts on deporting illegals, which means either way that the focus is on illegal immigrants both for and against and legal immigrants are on the backburner. My brother-in-law was a student from France who had been with my sister while they were in university and graduate school together for about 10 years. When Trump got elected they were filing the paperwork, and there were several changes that negatively affected their application. The new adjustment of status required additional documentation that required more financial documents (public charge) to demonstrate that the beneficiary wouldn't be a public charge. Funding was also removed from USCIS which slowed down processing as well, essentially handicapping USCIS. Yes, my brother-in-law did end up getting his green card but it was delayed by half a year compared to expected timelines from before from new requirements, underfunded/understaffed USCIS, etc.

Basically, long wait times for Trump administration, long wait times for Biden administration. We're not a priority. Essentially the silent killer is always reducing legal immigration levels which is incredibly frustrating. 

TL;DR: Both parties suck in concerns to legal immigration for different reasons. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.