LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

605 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

Got an email from NVC this morning and eagerly opened it to find that it wasn't DQ but invalid docs. My original birth certificate and Indian police certificate have been rejected. Unable to understand the reason as the explanation is generic and says only to replace with a correct one.

Another document has been moved to additional docs and accepted but the category under which I submitted it has been restored to the mandatory documents saying Missing. No explanation given.

So frustrating. Now I'm wondering how to resubmit to get DQ and how long they will take to review again once I resubmit

For the birth certificate - 

• Incorrect Format: The certificate may not meet the required format or standards (e.g., it should be an official document with proper seals and signatures).
  • Incomplete Information: Missing information such as full names, dates, places of birth, or parent details.
  • Illegibility: The document might be unclear or unreadable.
  • Translation Issues: If the document is not in English, the translation must be certified and accurate.

Timeline
7 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

Got an email from NVC this morning and eagerly opened it to find that it wasn't DQ but invalid docs. My original birth certificate and Indian police certificate have been rejected. Unable to understand the reason as the explanation is generic and says only to replace with a correct one.

Another document has been moved to additional docs and accepted but the category under which I submitted it has been restored to the mandatory documents saying Missing. No explanation given.

So frustrating. Now I'm wondering how to resubmit to get DQ and how long they will take to review again once I resubmit

and for the Police Certificate - 

• Outdated: The certificate must be recent, typically issued within the last 6 months.
  • Incorrect Authority: It must be obtained from the correct authority (e.g., local police station, Passport Office, or online portal for Indian nationals).
  • Incomplete Information: Missing details such as full names, address, period of stay, or clearance statement.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

You should get a birth certificate from the national birth certificate office... is the beneficiary born from 1999 or 1992? Either way, get it from the government office in charge of issuing a birth certificate or you can get an attestation and submit the one you have with an attestation. As for the Police report, is the beneficiary born and brought up in India, if yes I hope the Police report haven't expired, check if it has and go get another one, secondly if the beneficiary is not originally from India, then please endeavor to submit the Police report of his or her main origin and other places that you indicated that the beneficiary has stayed in for more than 6 months

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

For the birth certificate - 

• Incorrect Format: The certificate may not meet the required format or standards (e.g., it should be an official document with proper seals and signatures).
  • Incomplete Information: Missing information such as full names, dates, places of birth, or parent details.
  • Illegibility: The document might be unclear or unreadable.
  • Translation Issues: If the document is not in English, the translation must be certified and accurate.

3 hours ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

and for the Police Certificate - 

• Outdated: The certificate must be recent, typically issued within the last 6 months.
  • Incorrect Authority: It must be obtained from the correct authority (e.g., local police station, Passport Office, or online portal for Indian nationals).
  • Incomplete Information: Missing details such as full names, address, period of stay, or clearance statement.

15 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

You should get a birth certificate from the national birth certificate office... is the beneficiary born from 1999 or 1992? Either way, get it from the government office in charge of issuing a birth certificate or you can get an attestation and submit the one you have with an attestation. As for the Police report, is the beneficiary born and brought up in India, if yes I hope the Police report haven't expired, check if it has and go get another one, secondly if the beneficiary is not originally from India, then please endeavor to submit the Police report of his or her main origin and other places that you indicated that the beneficiary has stayed in for more than 6 months

ALL these criteria are met! That's why it is so confusing.

And I have friends who submitted exactly the same birth certificate format from the same authority and were accepted. Exactly same in every way except the names and date of birth details.

2 other police certificates - from Japan and UK were accepted without issues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline
On 7/17/2024 at 6:08 AM, LennyO said:

Finally with a PD of 5/6/2023 - we have a CEAC Visa Status of "Issued".  I will bring my wife to the USA from Thailand on August 19.  I wish all of you May 23 folks the very best!  

Congrats. 🎊

Timeline
1 hour ago, n.samuraibear said:

ALL these criteria are met! That's why it is so confusing.

And I have friends who submitted exactly the same birth certificate format from the same authority and were accepted. Exactly same in every way except the names and date of birth details.

2 other police certificates - from Japan and UK were accepted without issues.

Can you clarify what you mean by except the names and date of birth details? Do you mean the name arrangements?

Timeline
44 minutes ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

Can you clarify what you mean by except the names and date of birth details? Do you mean the name arrangements?

I mean my friends submitted the same certificates but their names and dates of birth are different from me, obviously. Otherwise everything is the same. Theirs was accepted,  mine was rejected

Timeline
10 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

I mean my friends submitted the same certificates but their names and dates of birth are different from me, obviously. Otherwise everything is the same. Theirs was accepted,  mine was rejected

Please check very well, for the fact they said something is missing means something is... kindly check well.

If you submit today, you should be DQ'D by Monday or before Friday

Timeline
15 hours ago, Eberechi said:

Please check very well, for the fact they said something is missing means something is... kindly check well.

If you submit today, you should be DQ'D by Monday or before Friday

Thank you. It's confusing because they are exactly same as the ones accepted for my friends. Anyway, now I'm in the process of getting an attestation on the birth certificate and writing an explanation letter of how the police certificate matches the requirements of the reciprocity page. Hope to submit soon and praying that they will be accepted

Timeline

I'm waiting on Nigerian police certificate, my husband went to the police station in Aba and got fingerprinted yesterday.  Everything else is complete.  Hopefully it will come to his email today so I can submit it and then I will be finished this step.

Edited by Rhoadie

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Rhoadie said:

I'm waiting on Nigerian police certificate, my husband went to the police station in Aba and got fingerprinted yesterday.  Everything else is complete.  Hopefully it will come to his email today so I can submit it and then I will be finished this step.

Aba? Does Aba have state CID? I thought it should be Umuahia? Please be sure so the document doesn't end up being rejected.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Eberechi said:

Aba? Does Aba have state CID? I thought it should be Umuahia? Please be sure so the document doesn't end up being rejected.

If he did his capturing yesterday, why didn't he get it same day because it can be gotten the same day. How much did he pay for it? Please sis, ask questions to avoid avoidable mistakes.

3 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

Thank you. It's confusing because they are exactly same as the ones accepted for my friends. Anyway, now I'm in the process of getting an attestation on the birth certificate and writing an explanation letter of how the police certificate matches the requirements of the reciprocity page. Hope to submit soon and praying that they will be accepted

Okay, good luck. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

If he did his capturing yesterday, why didn't he get it same day because it can be gotten the same day. How much did he pay for it? Please sis, ask questions to avoid avoidable mistakes.

Yea right! It should be available to him on the POSSAP Website 1 hour tops after fingerprinting. @Rhoadie he should check the portal to see!

On 7/19/2024 at 7:47 AM, HmoobTsaabLady said:

Congrats. 🎊

We are May7th, 2023.  Still waiting on an interview and then the visa.  We are 3-7 months away.  It's a good thing the democrats are letting the illegal immigrants in to vote in 4-6 months.  They have to hurry while we are put at the end of the line.

On 7/17/2024 at 3:14 AM, AJ19962346 said:

So true .. 

Even some do adjustment of status from visitor's visa to immigrant visa without even facing any consequences. When clearly USCIS says people should not overstay visitor's status. 

And people like us who go through all these struggles and pain , waiting , who do everything right and according to the rule doesnt have any perks others than suffering and be away from their dear ones. 

😔😔😔

On another thread in this forum a guy said they have a 4.9 month wait and go straight to citizen.  Then they are signed up to vote. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.