LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

601 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

@Eberechi just finished filling the forms and submitting civil documents, I pray it goes smooth from here In Shaa Allah

How about the affidavit of support? 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Eberechi said:

How about the affidavit of support? 

Yea that one too! filled, signed, scanned and submitted. everything is showing submitted. although they just asked for my dad's most recent tax return like you mentioned and the i-864 no W-2s or anything.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, TheNigerianPrince said:

Yea that one too! filled, signed, scanned and submitted. everything is showing submitted. although they just asked for my dad's most recent tax return like you mentioned and the i-864 no W-2s or anything.

also for civil documents just Passport biodata page, Birth Certificate and Police Report no passport photograph asked.

Timeline
4 hours ago, TheNigerianPrince said:

@Eberechi just finished filling the forms and submitting civil documents, I pray it goes smooth from here In Shaa Allah

That's good.  I'm still working on mine.  

Filed I-130 May 7, 2023.  Approval from Uscis June 3, 2024 (original 8 month estimate took 13 months).  Finished with NVC questions/documentarily qualifed June 15,2024.  Been waiting a month just to get an appointment date from Manila......

When USCIS said it would 8 months I thought that was what it would take.  Now 14 months later with no interview in sight and then another month to get the visa after the interview it's looking like at least 16 months.  Very disheartened.

Also thought the $535 fee was it.  NVC had 2 fees, one for $120 and another for $300+, then medical fee, interview fee and visa fee.  Now it looks like just short of $2,000 just in fees. 
It makes me mad when they let people in illegally, they don't have to wait, charge them nothing and then give them money.  Plus they pull resources and make legal immigrants wait longer.  WTH?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Filed I-130 May 7, 2023.  Approval from Uscis June 3, 2024 (original 8 month estimate took 13 months).  Finished with NVC questions/documentarily qualifed June 15,2024.  Been waiting a month just to get an appointment date from Manila......

When USCIS said it would 8 months I thought that was what it would take.  Now 14 months later with no interview in sight and then another month to get the visa after the interview it's looking like at least 16 months.  Very disheartened.

Also thought the $535 fee was it.  NVC had 2 fees, one for $120 and another for $300+, then medical fee, interview fee and visa fee.  Now it looks like just short of $2,000 just in fees. 
It makes me mad when they let people in illegally, they don't have to wait, charge them nothing and then give them money.  Plus they pull resources and make legal immigrants wait longer.  WTH?

So true .. 

Even some do adjustment of status from visitor's visa to immigrant visa without even facing any consequences. When clearly USCIS says people should not overstay visitor's status. 

And people like us who go through all these struggles and pain , waiting , who do everything right and according to the rule doesnt have any perks others than suffering and be away from their dear ones. 

😔😔😔

Timeline
9 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

I understand your sentiment.  I don't like the fact that it seems that illegal immigration took precedence over legal immigration.  It's not fair and the whole immigration system needs to be changed.  It should take no more than 3 months to legally immigrate to this country from start to finish. There's a lot of work that needs to be done.  

Timeline

Also, what I noticed that there are so many technical glitches with the NVC site.  I contacted them about it.  I was able to pay my fees without a problem when I first got the welcome letter on July 8 (Monday).  Things were great logging in to the site for the rest of the week.  Friday comes July 12  and I was locked out of the site for 4 whole days with an "application error" message.  I contacted the site and they responded that they have been having technical difficulties and it is an ongoing situation that they are aware of.  I was finally able to log on July 16 and begin the application.  However, this morning I logged in to continue working on the application  and when I clicked "next" and went back to the sign in page which took me to more error messages.  It is so frustrating.

USCIS site did not give me any problems or glitches.  I call on the government to pour more resources into this department.  There is no excuse.  It just delays the process when you run into so many technical difficulties trying to fill out an application.  People's lives are hanging in the balance.

Edited by Rhoadie
grammar

Timeline
43 minutes ago, LennyO said:

Finally with a PD of 5/6/2023 - we have a CEAC Visa Status of "Issued".  I will bring my wife to the USA from Thailand on August 19.  I wish all of you May 23 folks the very best!  

Congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Got an email from NVC this morning and eagerly opened it to find that it wasn't DQ but invalid docs. My original birth certificate and Indian police certificate have been rejected. Unable to understand the reason as the explanation is generic and says only to replace with a correct one.

Another document has been moved to additional docs and accepted but the category under which I submitted it has been restored to the mandatory documents saying Missing. No explanation given.

So frustrating. Now I'm wondering how to resubmit to get DQ and how long they will take to review again once I resubmit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, n.samuraibear said:

Got an email from NVC this morning and eagerly opened it to find that it wasn't DQ but invalid docs. My original birth certificate and Indian police certificate have been rejected. Unable to understand the reason as the explanation is generic and says only to replace with a correct one.

Another document has been moved to additional docs and accepted but the category under which I submitted it has been restored to the mandatory documents saying Missing. No explanation given.

So frustrating. Now I'm wondering how to resubmit to get DQ and how long they will take to review again once I resubmit

You sent also certified translations?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.