LennyO

May 2023 Filers I-130

601 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 10/20/2023 at 3:07 PM, KeilaSanchez said:

But you have not been approved yet? I am waiting an appointment for interview.

Nope! Dont expect it either. xD

Generally you only see the AOS approvals coming this early. The rest of us still have a few more months until we hear anything. Most likely March theyll start rolling in heavy based on what I'm seeing.

Timeline
2 hours ago, KeilaSanchez said:

Unless a K3 is submitted.

I would say no, it hasn't been shown to do anything. I have seen early approvals from people who didn't submit the I129 as well. While the majority of early approvals did submit a K3, that's because most people on these boards send both in, because why not, it's free! But there isn't any data showing a higher rate of early approvals for dual submitters than those without. 

Edited by RiskVsReward

Timeline
16 hours ago, KeilaSanchez said:

K3 needs to be done within  a few weeks from the I130  in order to work.

It wouldn't matter though. My point is that even if you didn't do the K3, or of let's say Lenny did it within two weeks of his I130, it wouldn't of changed what date either of you were or will be approved. 

USCIS: “If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare.”

Timeline
22 hours ago, RiskVsReward said:

It wouldn't matter though. My point is that even if you didn't do the K3, or of let's say Lenny did it within two weeks of his I130, it wouldn't of changed what date either of you were or will be approved. 

USCIS: “If you are a U.S. citizen and you filed a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for your foreign spouse who is abroad, you can also file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step for your spouse and his or her children to obtain a visa to come to the United States while you wait for USCIS to make a decision on the Form I-130. Historically, you and your family members might have been separated for some time while waiting for a decision on your Form I-130. Congress sought to resolve this problem by creating K-3 and K-4 nonimmigrant visas to shorten the time your family would need to spend apart. However, because USCIS now takes less time to adjudicate the Form I-130, the current need for K-3 and K-4 visas is rare.”

I did mine 3 weeks after PD.  Both at CSC.   Tick tock...

I am waiting in 1-30 approval ( then consular processing via Montreal) 

im shocked to see approvals already !! Our lawyer told us @ 20 months - my time

line on here has been as low as March and as long as May. Online says 7 months…

I am Canadian / hubby is USA citizen.

im lucky as I live close to the border so I can visit still… but after getting married in April I feel like I am missing out on being a newlywed, and now being apart is SO much harder. 
In wonder why some are so much faster than others !!!

Timeline
7 hours ago, Vicnic said:

I am waiting in 1-30 approval ( then consular processing via Montreal) 

im shocked to see approvals already !! Our lawyer told us @ 20 months - my time

line on here has been as low as March and as long as May. Online says 7 months…

I am Canadian / hubby is USA citizen.

im lucky as I live close to the border so I can visit still… but after getting married in April I feel like I am missing out on being a newlywed, and now being apart is SO much harder. 
In wonder why some are so much faster than others !!!

Seems completely random.  I filed the first week of May and did the K3 two weeks after that. Both cases at CSC.  My status says "taking longer than expected" so no timeline is there.  Fortunately once the I-130 is approved, the rest should go fast as the Embassy in Bangkok is fairly speedy.  Hoping she can move here in April 2024.  

15 hours ago, LennyO said:

Seems completely random.  I filed the first week of May and did the K3 two weeks after that. Both cases at CSC.  My status says "taking longer than expected" so no timeline is there.  Fortunately once the I-130 is approved, the rest should go fast as the Embassy in Bangkok is fairly speedy.  Hoping she can move here in April 2024.  

I am not hopeful for April …. BUT hoping for summer next year !- i will  have to go to Montreal for my visa interview and it would be nice to be there in summer!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Vicnic said:

I am not hopeful for April …. BUT hoping for summer next year !- i will  have to go to Montreal for my visa interview and it would be nice to be there in summer!!

I county myself lucky to be processing at TH also. I'd say expect late March to early April for I130 approval and then add three months for the DS and interview.

Edited by RiskVsReward

Timeline
On 10/25/2023 at 8:11 AM, LennyO said:

I did mine 3 weeks after PD.  Both at CSC.   Tick tock...

Have you checked out the VJ Thailand US consulate office reviews page? Worth a read if you haven't already. Helped me to understand what questions they'll ask her at interview and see a lot of relevant timelines...Or really anyone here who hasn't checked their consular office reviews page, go look.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, RiskVsReward said:

Have you checked out the VJ Thailand US consulate office reviews page? Worth a read if you haven't already. Helped me to understand what questions they'll ask her at interview and see a lot of relevant timelines...Or really anyone here who hasn't checked their consular office reviews page, go look.

Yeah looks pretty easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.