Catperson_rx

DS-5535 and Administrative Processing after K1 Visa Interview. What's next?

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, Catperson_rx said:

Hey guys, I just received this email from the Abu Dhabi Embassy! It's just saying that the visa has been denied under 221g. I already knew this since 6.5 months ago because they gave us the physical 221g refusal form at the embassy.  Does anybody know why I got this email now? I am very confused. Could it be because of the mandamus lawsuit that I recently filed? My lawyer's office hasn't gotten the confirmation that summonses have been served to all parties yet.

By the way, our case was also updated on the CEAC website.

Capture.JPG

That is weird! But it says they will consider it at a later date? I found this: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/administrative-processing-information.html

Timeline

Hi. Ministry of Foreign Affairs has opened form 5535 for public opinion. It is opposition to form 5535 and that the process of visa issuance and review of this form is prolonged under the pretext of this form. There’s 3 more days to comment.  Here’s the link: https://www.regulations.gov/document/DOS-2023-0028-0001

If the number of comments is high, they may delete form 5535.  If they remove it and it becomes retroactive, we will be clearance. Hopefully. 

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0659.jpeg

IMG_0658.jpeg

IMG_0660.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2023 at 6:53 AM, Catperson_rx said:

Update on my mandamus lawsuit

All parties were served on 11/13. Their answer is due on 1/12/24.

This was my lawyers response when I forwarded the 221g email I got from the embassy: "It's not really a final decision since it's under 221(g). The case status now is "Additional security screening is being conducted". From the email you received, we understand they started working on the application again, but we need to wait and see what happens." I want to remain optimistic and I think good things will come out of this lawsuit! I will keep ya'll updated.

Do you have any update on the mandamus? was a decision made?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My case was updated yesterday on CEAC without me making an inquiry. Maybe a positive sign of progress being made? Government attorney's response is due in 6 days.

Timeline

For anyone wondering, the government's attorney filed motion to dismiss our case.

We are going to file our own opposition and then it will be up to the judge.  The only issue is that the judge can take "several months or more" to decide the case (according to our lawyer). So we are back to square one and waiting with no end it sight.

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2024 at 10:23 AM, Catperson_rx said:

For anyone wondering, the government's attorney filed motion to dismiss our case.

We are going to file our own opposition and then it will be up to the judge.  The only issue is that the judge can take "several months or more" to decide the case (according to our lawyer). So we are back to square one and waiting with no end it sight.

I am so said to hear what is going on with you and all other (just like me) in AP , especially DS-5535 .. Slips color doesn't matter any more if you get Ds-5535. There are 4 to 5 types of checks in DS-5535 , Majority applicant(male/female) from ME and SA area(espacliiy Muslims) have to go/need to clear 2 to 3 out of these 4 to 5 , each can take up to 120 days ,, now do your math . 

To be honest , this whole ds5535 thing is mainly only targeting Muslims from Muslims majority countries and some other random countries (where applicants have high fraud ratio) or some countries where applicant have duel nationality or applicant was citizen of other country before (manlily Canada)   ...... After extensive search online , I find out Immigration department is sitting on cases , they know the applicant is clear but thay don't have tools to clear the applicant in system (sounds strange/unusual) , Some time I feel "system" love breaking families (Just check how many family related Immigration applicants are in 221g/Ds-5535).. This stress/pain of waiting is just too much . 

Just check how easily judge said 16 months is not too much , Does that judge know that applicant have to wait 2 years to 10 years just to get DQ , and some time 1 year to 4+ years just for Interview and then this AP(Ds-5535) and Judge said 16 months is not too long .. 

My wife applied for my visa(spouse) in 2016 , USCIS accepted petition in 2018 , DQ in 2021 , waited 3 full years for interview  , on interview day got Ds-5535 , and Now I don't know how long more will it take ... Isn't this enough for judge or the "System" 7+ years for Spouse Visa,  come on is there any limit, there need to be sir/madam  ... 

Immigrants in USA need to raise there voice on this discrimination ..... Make a platform to raise the voice , go to Senators and Congressman/woman .... Make your voice heard , March on roads to register your peaceful protest  for your constitutional rights ... Maybe today you are not directly impacted by this , but in future you maybe , because your past is connected with your future(as per the current "System"). 

DOS only need Will , some extra funds , manpower and some system updates to clear this .... 

Thank you all for reading

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 10:23 AM, Catperson_rx said:

Any update on your case?

1 hour ago, Catperson_rx said:

No updates. Just crossed the 10th month of AP. Nothing to do except to wait.

This AP (Ds-5535) wait is emotionally hard and difficult , in one word this is "cruelty" , How hard it is for USA to conduct security check on a person in USA especially if the person never entered USA before(means no record whatsoever)! How hard it is for USA to ask other countries (first world countries) for the security  clearance of the applicant(keep in mind  applicant have already  provided police report).

What is the progress on WoM ? 

Timeline
On 3/11/2024 at 1:58 PM, brkendream said:

This AP (Ds-5535) wait is emotionally hard and difficult , in one word this is "cruelty" , How hard it is for USA to conduct security check on a person in USA especially if the person never entered USA before(means no record whatsoever)! How hard it is for USA to ask other countries (first world countries) for the security  clearance of the applicant(keep in mind  applicant have already  provided police report).

What is the progress on WoM ? 

It is cruel, discriminatory, and an insult to human dignity. Sadly there is nothing we can do but to wait. It's completely out of our control.

No news of my WoM. We are waiting on the judge to decide the case.

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2024 at 6:46 PM, Catperson_rx said:

It is cruel, discriminatory, and an insult to human dignity. Sadly there is nothing we can do but to wait. It's completely out of our control.

No news of my WoM. We are waiting on the judge to decide the case.

any update to your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.