Waiting and Waiting

The end of the journey.....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

As of July 9th, my wife is now a US citizen. We seemed to have caused USCIS to put every obstacle they could put in our way. We had the somewhat unique experience of having to be interviewed for the removal of conditional residency. We thought that once that was out of the way that we would have smooth sailing with the N400. We submitted the N-400 in December 2006 and she had her fingerprint appointment in February. We received the notice for an interview on May 2nd, 2007. I went with her and waited in the waiting room because they said I could not be present.

It turns out (I found out later) that I could have entered with her if she had asked that I be present. I was told this by the 800 number Customer Service line. (Of course, I have also found that they do not know what they are talking about either.) If it is true, then make sure your spouse asks that you be present.

The interviewing officer suspended her getting her citizenship until we, once again, offered more proof and evidence (for the 3rd time) that the marriage was legitimate. The house title, the tax returns, the bank accounts, the utility bills in our names, the affidavits from family and friends were still not enough 'evidence'. She asked us to provide our celphone records to prove that we were in daily communication.

We had ample evidence of celphone calls between us there but it just seems like they wanted to put every possible delay they could in front of us.

We sent in the evidence well before the deadline and they finally could not impose any more obstacles. In any case, we were nearly at the 5 year anniversary of the application process. After 5 years of residency, the marriage does not matter! We could have simply reapplied for citizenship under good conduct and there would be no complications.

I never want to do this again but thank heaven it is done and over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!! no more dealing with USCIS :)

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

As of July 9th, my wife is now a US citizen. We seemed to have caused USCIS to put every obstacle they could put in our way. We had the somewhat unique experience of having to be interviewed for the removal of conditional residency. We thought that once that was out of the way that we would have smooth sailing with the N400. We submitted the N-400 in December 2006 and she had her fingerprint appointment in February. We received the notice for an interview on May 2nd, 2007. I went with her and waited in the waiting room because they said I could not be present.

It turns out (I found out later) that I could have entered with her if she had asked that I be present. I was told this by the 800 number Customer Service line. (Of course, I have also found that they do not know what they are talking about either.) If it is true, then make sure your spouse asks that you be present.

The interviewing officer suspended her getting her citizenship until we, once again, offered more proof and evidence (for the 3rd time) that the marriage was legitimate. The house title, the tax returns, the bank accounts, the utility bills in our names, the affidavits from family and friends were still not enough 'evidence'. She asked us to provide our celphone records to prove that we were in daily communication.

We had ample evidence of celphone calls between us there but it just seems like they wanted to put every possible delay they could in front of us.

We sent in the evidence well before the deadline and they finally could not impose any more obstacles. In any case, we were nearly at the 5 year anniversary of the application process. After 5 years of residency, the marriage does not matter! We could have simply reapplied for citizenship under good conduct and there would be no complications.

Hello, Waiting and Waiting:

All the best for you and your wife. I am happy that the journey is over for you. Congratulations on overcoming such a stressful experience. Good that you had your true love to stand by you.

Cheers,

WellW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

WOW...that is something that we all can't wait to say...."done dealing with USCIS"!!!

Congratulations to you both and now wishing you rest and peace for your happy life together.

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

GREAT! You don't have to be like the rest of us "temporary wimps" anymore who have to kiss ### to Aholes at USCIS instead of telling them to go stick their head where the sun don't shine!

Never had to "hold my mug" so much in my life as in this long humilifying process.

You can now go punch someone! :blink:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.