aussiewench

Ankara Turkey Embassy, k-1 processing times? overall experience

100 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi Greenmind

Yes, she just goes to the Bank to pay $100 and they issue her a receipt, but not just any bank though. If I remembered correctly Disbank is one of them where she can go to pay the fee.

Also she will need that receipt because that is the first thing they will ask for at the Embassy before they start the interview process.

Good Luck to you both on your interview and Congratulation on your Wedding Day. (F)(F)(F)

Mina

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

She went to Fortis bank this morning and payed for it and got the receipt. I stressed to her how important the receipt was and she told me she knew. So all is a go. I'm going crazy getting evidence ready. Gotta sit down and mark out some private parts of the chat logs I have now.

Timeline

I remember so clearly how excited I was.......I am so happy for you Greenmind :D

enjoy your time in Turkey, for sure please say Merhaba for us who are stuck here in the states :(

This part of your journey is almost finished and then the next will come BUT thank God it comes while your together....which makes it so much more tolerable. Congratulations (F)

Best wishes to All the new couples (F)(F)(F)

and to all who are in the adjusting stage... I wish you much happiness (F)

Peace to All, (F)

Debra

hi Greenmind

Yes, she just goes to the Bank to pay $100 and they issue her a receipt, but not just any bank though. If I remembered correctly Disbank is one of them where she can go to pay the fee.

Also she will need that receipt because that is the first thing they will ask for at the Embassy before they start the interview process.

Good Luck to you both on your interview and Congratulation on your Wedding Day. (F)(F)(F)

Mina

Just wanted to say Merhaba Mina (F) I got your text on my cell phone :) :) thank you.

Take care,

Debra

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We went to the interview on Monday and the Visa was "approved" but my fiance was missing a her birth certificate. I thought she had everything but the paper she had was not her birth certificate and since I didn't know the Turkish format I couldn't check to see if it was correct. The woman who interviewed her was very nice and told her if she mailed her the correct document the visa would be mailed to her within 5 days so we went to the records office in Ankara and had the appropriate papers printed, took them to a translator, and then UPSed them to the Embassy. This was all done on Tuesday so they probably got the proper paperwork Wednesday and now hopefully we'll have the Visa in hand by Tuesday when our flights are scheduled to leave. I really hope she's able to get on the plane with me. If not I'll just end up paying extra money to change her ticket and have her come over later alone which I'd like to avoid.

Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations!!! :D:D

I wish you both all the best!! (F)

Peace,

Debra

We went to the interview on Monday and the Visa was "approved" but my fiance was missing a her birth certificate. I thought she had everything but the paper she had was not her birth certificate and since I didn't know the Turkish format I couldn't check to see if it was correct. The woman who interviewed her was very nice and told her if she mailed her the correct document the visa would be mailed to her within 5 days so we went to the records office in Ankara and had the appropriate papers printed, took them to a translator, and then UPSed them to the Embassy. This was all done on Tuesday so they probably got the proper paperwork Wednesday and now hopefully we'll have the Visa in hand by Tuesday when our flights are scheduled to leave. I really hope she's able to get on the plane with me. If not I'll just end up paying extra money to change her ticket and have her come over later alone which I'd like to avoid.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
:dance: Woohoo Congrats!! At least you will be home together really soon!! Thats awesome!!

Ali (Iran) & Joye (US)....... Our Journey.........

Feb 28th 2004 :) We met in Cebu PI

April 1st 2004- I went home to US

May 1st 2004- Moved to Cebu

May 28th 2004- MARRIED!

Feb 7 2005 - Back to the US

July 8 2005- Send I-130

July 11 2005- recv'd I-130 NOA1

July 22 2005- Cebu for a visit

Aug 2 2005- Went home :( he went back to Iran)

Aug 12 2005- I was touched and didn't even know it!!!

1/12/06 - I-130 APPROVED!!!!!!! NOA2

2/14/06- Recv'd DS-3032/ I-864 Fee

2/15/06 - Mailed $70

2/27/06 - Emailed DS-3032

3/16/06 - Recv'd IV Bill

3/20/06 - Mailed $380

4/20/06 - Mailed I-864

4/21/06 - Mailed DS230 WOOHOO Come on NVC be quick about it...please??!

4/24/06 - NVC Recv'd I-864 and DS230

5/1/06 - Case Complete....... placed on Admin Processing

5/10/06 - CASE COMPLETE THANK YOU LORD!

5/12/06 - Case is on its way to Ankara!!! woohoo!!

5/16/06 - Delivered case to Ankara!!

6/6/06 - Interview!!!

7/27/06 - Ali's Birthday.....FBI CHECKS DONE!!

8/9/06 - VISA IN HAND WOOOT WOOT

9/1/06 - HE IS HERE HE IS HERE HE IS HERE

Timeline

Well the visa just arrived via UPS and just in time! We leave her parent's place tomorrow evening and head to Istanbul then we head back to the states the following morning.

Just a quick question but what is this packet that came with her visa? It says we can't open it and so I'm curious. :)

Also, whats the next step once we get back into the states? Get married, then what? :D

Edited by Greenmind

Well the visa just arrived via UPS and just in time! We leave her parent's place tomorrow evening and head to Istanbul then we head back to the states the following morning.

Just a quick question but what is this packet that came with her visa? It says we can't open it and so I'm curious. :)

Also, whats the next step once we get back into the states? Get married, then what? :D

Big time congrats!!!

I'm certain that your next step is to file for Adjustment of Status (AOS) VERRRRYYYYYY IMPORTANT!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Great news .. !! congratulations :star:

Man is a wonderful creature; he sees through the layers of fat (eyes), hears through a bone (ears) and speaks through a lump of flesh (tongue).

Hazrat Ali (a.s)

Timeline

Well she's here and she's adjusting slowly. Her sister honestly isn't helping tho...

We plan to go get married next week, then file for the SSN under her new name. I've been warned about doing this as opposed to filing with her maiden name then requesting a changed SSN card after the marriage license is filed but I can't understand why. Anyone know?

The envelope I was talking about before was taken at the POE (Detroit) and there was some confusion because her i-129 had expired and we were sent to a different room. A few minutes later a really nice officer informed us there were no problems and sent us on our way! Unfortunately I've had to go to work every day since getting back so I haven't had a lot of time with her other than after work and bed time. 30 minutes left in the week and I can't wait tho!!! Woohoo!! It's so different having her there and not waiting for her on msn to chat.

One quick question... At what point will her entry to and from the states not require an advanced parole application?

Edited by Greenmind

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.