Sarge2155

May 2023 - AOS Filers

59 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys this is my mothers timeline. We are in Chicago, IL. 

I130 sent (online) 01/25/23 

I485/I131/I765 (mail) 05/09/23

USCIS received 5/12/23

Biometrics scheduled 05/19/23

successful walk in 06/01/23 (appointment was for 01/06/23)

Notification of EAD being approved  6/9/23

NB: no medical was sent nor did I submit my most recent tax filing. At the time I hadn’t filed and I was planning on taking the medical exam with me to the interview. I’m waiting on a RFE

On 6/21/2023 at 6:57 AM, DarkBlood999 said:

Husband had his biometrics yesterday and we just checked online this and saw that they gave the EAD approval. Awesome!

That's awesome! Congrats - which local USCIS office do you guys go through. We're in California (San Francisco office) but haven't heard anything after our biometrics 1st week of June.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
38 minutes ago, bonshawn said:

That's awesome! Congrats - which local USCIS office do you guys go through. We're in California (San Francisco office) but haven't heard anything after our biometrics 1st week of June.

To be fair, we haven't gotten the "EAD card is being produced" update, but it's still nice to know it's been approved. We're outside of Seattle.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone! After a K1 Visa, we have started our AOS + AP + EAD in May (National Benefits Center), and I received the Approval Notice for my EAD already!

JANUARY 17, 2023: Entry in the US with K1 Visa

MARCH 2, 2023: Married at Courthouse

MAY 10, 2023: AOS+AP+EAD Packet Mailed

MAY 12, 2023: Received

MAY 16, 2023: Receipt Notices Date

MAY 19, 2023: Biometrics was scheduled in Cincinnati

MAY 23, 2023: Receipt Notices received with USCIS account number

JUNE 7, 2023: RFE for Birth Certificate (Had not sent proper format), seen online

JUNE 9, 2023: Biometrics Appointment - Actively Reviewing Forms I-485 & I-765

JUNE 13, 2023: Evidence uploaded

JUNE 23, 2023: Date of Notice of Approval for I-765

JUNE 29, 2023: Notice of Approval for I-765 received in mail

Waiting on receiving the EAD card now! I did not expect the EAD to go this fast but I'm glad! Now I wish the AP would move quickly too so that I could go visit my family back in France for Christmas... Let's hope :)

Note: on the USCIS website, the I-765 is still showed as "Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS", but does show the Standalone Approval in the Documents section. I had been checking my status often this week but did not think of looking in the Documents section!

Our case tracker app just alerted us that the USCIS has sent us an RFIE for my wife's I-485. Not the update we were hoping for given we've tripled check everything. We were trying to see what the evidence request is for, but we can't find it on her My USCIS portal. Should it show up under the Documents tab along with her NOA1 and biometrics appointment notice? Should we look at this as a good sign that the USCIS is looking at her case? Thanks for your input!

On 7/1/2023 at 8:32 PM, pietrus1 said:

Our case tracker app just alerted us that the USCIS has sent us an RFIE for my wife's I-485. Not the update we were hoping for given we've tripled check everything. We were trying to see what the evidence request is for, but we can't find it on her My USCIS portal. Should it show up under the Documents tab along with her NOA1 and biometrics appointment notice? Should we look at this as a good sign that the USCIS is looking at her case? Thanks for your input!

The RFE finally showed up on my wife's account this morning, and of course it's a medical. Despite including her DS-3025 from her overseas medical from February of this year, and including an explanation in her cover letter that K-1 applicants are exempt from doing another medical in the US, the USCIS is still trying to extort more money for their cronies. We feel that it's not worth the risk to fight it, so we'll cave in and do another medical as soon as possible (especially since I have some doubts about her DS-3025 being correct).

For those adjusting on a K-1 and redoing their medical in the US, did you do the full medical, or just the vaccination portion of the I-693?

p.s. I'm really confused why the Case Status says RFIE, when the actual document states it's an RFE. Is this normal?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For my wife, we did not receive an RFE but we noticed that the DS-3025 was not filled out correctly.  So, we found a civil surgeon who agreed to just update and transfer the immunizations from the DS-3025 to the i-693.  It was very difficult to find (and convince) the civil surgeon to do so.  I submitted the i-693 with the AOS package and she received her green card with no problem. 

However, her children were follow to join k2 recipients and I submitted their AOS packages with their DS-3025 despite knowing that her kids needed additional immunizations.  This was done to avoid having to pay the higher USCIS fees due to drop any time now.  We fully expect an RFE and are prepared to take the kids to family doctor / health department to get the vaccinations completed and then to a civil surgeon for the immunizations to be transcribed on to the i-693.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Sent packet: 05/22/2023

Received receipts: 06/02/2023

Online access code: 6/05/2023

Biometrics appointment: 6/20/2023

EAD approved: 6/21/2023

EAD card in hand: 7/06/2023

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy to submit our final update in this thread. We feel lucky to have a relatively quick approval despite having a notoriously slow local FO and getting a medical RFE.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Hang in there!

AOS from K-1, concurrent filing I-485, I-765, and I-131

Decided to complete a new medical instead of fighting the RFE

May 1 Mailed via USPS (Chicago Lockbox)

May 2 Delivered

May 5 Text messages

May 8 Check was cashed

May 9-10 NOAs from NBC, dated May 4

May 11 Online access code

May 13 Biometrics appointment letter, scheduled for June 3

May 25 Early walk-in biometrics, I-485 and I-765 changed status to “Case is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS”

July 1 RFIE status on I-485

July 3 RFE for medical showed up in myUSCIS account (from the Chicago FO)

July 13 Mailed new medical to the Chicago FO

July 17 RFER

August 19 I-485 Case Approved (approval notice from NBC)

August 23 Card Produced

August 25 Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.