FONA

I don't want to Lie about police clearance

22 posts in this topic

Hi.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if not, then a moderator can please move this to the right section for best answers. Thanks!

I hope you can bear with me and read everything 😃

I'm not a lier, very far away. I've never had anything in my criminal records or in my police register, but I have had problems with depression since years back. Right now I have 2 cases pending, I have not been selected or anything in the lottery yet. But in case I might I would like to ask this.

I have these questions about moral turpitude. Last year police was going to stop me, I completely lost it, because I have been pulled over like 200 times during a very short peiod of time. I resisted the police, and I even tried to kick away one officier from binding my legs. But I never touched her/him. So in this case I have 3 suspicions against me, - Violent resistance, threats against an official which in this case is an police officer and the last violence against an official.

The second case is that I threatened or wrote bad things to 2 journalists, that is also pending, here I am suspected for anlawful threat, the mild degree of it, and some sort of " molestation " also the mild degree because I emailed them.

So these are the 2 cases I have pending.

Remember, I've never done anything before.

No drugs, I dont even smoke, and never have. Have never done any ill-treatments to anyone i.e beatings and such. Not involved in sex trafficking or those kind of stuff either, but I just had this stupid encounter with the police which I now feel bad about ofc.

What happens if I get selected? Should I tell them this during the interview that I have these 2 cases ongoing? Won't I be refused and denied a visa/entrance then? The lottery is once a life time chance to win. Again not a lier, but from what I have heard lots of folks are lying for some minor stuff. I should mention that I actually got released after 3 hours in custody, after I calmed down. I've talked to my lawyer also who says that jail/prision time is not included in the scale here. Because I never touched the police. I was more like annoying and said bad words to them like profianity and such.

The same thing goes on for the journalists case. These stuff hapened during the last 2 years, before that I have always been clean. Since the incidents with the police, it has passed 14 months now.

My questions are now. Should I tell them this on the interview if I get selected, and what will happen you think?

And finally, if I don't, can they see that I have these cases pending? I live in Sweden, born and raised here. I say this because maybe they can check pending things through some sort of cooperation. Because right now my police clearance is clean, I have never been prosecuted and sentenced before.

18 minutes ago, FONA said:

Hi.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, if not, then a moderator can please move this to the right section for best answers. Thanks!

I hope you can bear with me and read everything 😃

I'm not a lier, very far away. I've never had anything in my criminal records or in my police register, but I have had problems with depression since years back. Right now I have 2 cases pending, I have not been selected or anything in the lottery yet. But in case I might I would like to ask this.

I have these questions about moral turpitude. Last year police was going to stop me, I completely lost it, because I have been pulled over like 200 times during a very short peiod of time. I resisted the police, and I even tried to kick away one officier from binding my legs. But I never touched her/him. So in this case I have 3 suspicions against me, - Violent resistance, threats against an official which in this case is an police officer and the last violence against an official.

The second case is that I threatened or wrote bad things to 2 journalists, that is also pending, here I am suspected for anlawful threat, the mild degree of it, and some sort of " molestation " also the mild degree because I emailed them.

So these are the 2 cases I have pending.

Remember, I've never done anything before.

No drugs, I dont even smoke, and never have. Have never done any ill-treatments to anyone i.e beatings and such. Not involved in sex trafficking or those kind of stuff either, but I just had this stupid encounter with the police which I now feel bad about ofc.

What happens if I get selected? Should I tell them this during the interview that I have these 2 cases ongoing? Won't I be refused and denied a visa/entrance then? The lottery is once a life time chance to win. Again not a lier, but from what I have heard lots of folks are lying for some minor stuff. I should mention that I actually got released after 3 hours in custody, after I calmed down. I've talked to my lawyer also who says that jail/prision time is not included in the scale here. Because I never touched the police. I was more like annoying and said bad words to them like profianity and such.

The same thing goes on for the journalists case. These stuff hapened during the last 2 years, before that I have always been clean. Since the incidents with the police, it has passed 14 months now.

My questions are now. Should I tell them this on the interview if I get selected, and what will happen you think?

And finally, if I don't, can they see that I have these cases pending? I live in Sweden, born and raised here. I say this because maybe they can check pending things through some sort of cooperation. Because right now my police clearance is clean, I have never been prosecuted and sentenced before.

If you are selected you have to complete the DS260 Truthfully. Explain the situation and you have to submit your police reports.

I believe if you were arrested you have to submit the arrest records, too.

Whatever you do… don’t lie. 

35 minutes ago, FONA said:

Should I tell them this during the interview that I have these 2 cases ongoing?

Yes, if asked, whether on forms you have to fill out or at the interview 

35 minutes ago, FONA said:

Won't I be refused and denied a visa/entrance then?

Who knows, maybe or maybe not. If you do lie and they find out you were not truthful, this will lead to a lifetime ban.

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Worry about if selected 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Is this about the DV lottery?

If you are selected there are a few questions in the DS260 that apply to you, see attached. Also not sure if you meant to say “molestation”? And the threats to the journalists, was that political?

In any case, just because your PCC is clean doesn’t mean you’re not required to disclose your arrests and pending (criminal?) cases. On top of that, your immigration medical will need to address your mental health. 

It’s worth noting that it’s unlikely you will be selected in the lottery anyway, but good luck. 

AA80C738-5F5D-4F29-B7BF-65A88E1105D4.jpeg

069B481B-5039-4FB3-86B9-0AEA77AEAF49.jpeg

Edited by throwitaway

6 hours ago, throwitaway said:

Is this about the DV lottery?

If you are selected there are a few questions in the DS260 that apply to you, see attached. Also not sure if you meant to say “molestation”? And the threats to the journalists, was that political?

In any case, just because your PCC is clean doesn’t mean you’re not required to disclose your arrests and pending (criminal?) cases. On top of that, your immigration medical will need to address your mental health. 

It’s worth noting that it’s unlikely you will be selected in the lottery anyway, but good luck. 

AA80C738-5F5D-4F29-B7BF-65A88E1105D4.jpeg

069B481B-5039-4FB3-86B9-0AEA77AEAF49.jpeg

Well. I seriously think I have to chose NO here. On the physical I can maybe say yes and that I have been depressed from time to time. That won't do anything.

The question if USCIS can find out if I have any pending stuff going on while my current police report is clean.

12 minutes ago, FONA said:

Well. I seriously think I have to chose NO here.

Seriously? You were arrested, you said that in your first post. 

12 minutes ago, FONA said:

The question if USCIS can find out if I have any pending stuff going on while my current police report is clean

DV lottery deals with the Department of State (DOS). And yes, they can. 

9 hours ago, powerpuff said:

Seriously? You were arrested, you said that in your first post. 

DV lottery deals with the Department of State (DOS). And yes, they can. 

Yes, but its a very minor thing. I don't think they will go so far if my police reports and clearance is ok and clean.

I don't know, I might still answer yes and explain everything. Not sure.

47 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

You had 200 police encounters.

Encounters where there never happened anything. Its common here in Sweden nowdays that the cops stop and pull over people with foreign background, even worse if they sit in black sedan cars. But one of these times I got mad, because it isn't really normal. Does my story fit in to the category of moral turpitude according to you?

16 minutes ago, FONA said:

Encounters where there never happened anything. Its common here in Sweden nowdays that the cops stop and pull over people with foreign background, even worse if they sit in black sedan cars. But one of these times I got mad, because it isn't really normal. Does my story fit in to the category of moral turpitude according to you?

Evaluating CIMT can be complex, which is also why any and all court records (of which you have at least two?) are to be presented at interview.

It appears that resisting arrest can be considered a CIMT in some cases, as are uttering threats, but it’s case specific and I’m in no position to determine that for you, and frankly, neither are you. The point is that you must disclose it, as well as provide the court records, even if it ends up as dismissals. 

Edited by throwitaway

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perhaps a consultation with a US Immigration Lawyer is in order.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, throwitaway said:

Evaluating CIMT can be complex, which is also why any and all court records (of which you have at least two?) are to be presented at interview.

It appears that resisting arrest can be considered a CIMT in some cases, as are uttering threats, but it’s case specific and I’m in no position to determine that for you, and frankly, neither are you. The point is that you must disclose it, as well as provide the court records, even if it ends up as dismissals. 

What is CIMT?

1 hour ago, FONA said:

Does my story fit in to the category of moral turpitude according to you?

What fits into that is you not disclosing it, they find out and you have a lifetime representation ban. Forget about ever setting foot in the US. Do you not think the DOS has contacts with the government of the country the consulate is in or has a way of running background checks there? It is definitely part of the process, it is a known fact they run a background check on you before issuing a visa. They will not let someone who will become a Permanent resident just waltz into the US without vetting them first. If you think the US consulate solely relies on your police certificate, you are mistaken.

17 minutes ago, FONA said:

What is CIMT?

Google it

Edited by powerpuff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.