JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
26 minutes ago, zebps3 said:

Does anyone with NOA2 in May still not have case numbers yet from the NVC?  I am currently with my fiancee and newborn son in the Philippines.  We were hoping to be in the US by November at the latest.  But I just found out today that interviews for November are almost gone for the Philippines.  It is depressing, not sure if we will be even home this year at this rate.

I'm sorry, some people seem to experience a longer wait at NVC.

What are the replies to your inquiries? Did you already got news it was received and it's waiting for data entry? Are you now only waiting on a case number?
There are also stories of people that got shipped but never got the K1-FTP email so all they gotta do is keep trying to get the number from NVC.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

11 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I'm sorry, some people seem to experience a longer wait at NVC.

What are the replies to your inquiries? Did you already got news it was received and it's waiting for data entry? Are you now only waiting on a case number?
There are also stories of people that got shipped but never got the K1-FTP email so all they gotta do is keep trying to get the number from NVC.

We got our NVC received august 23rd.  We put in another inquiry on the 26th and got a reply yesterday (30th), which was the same as what we got on the 26th.  That our case has been received but is still waiting data entry into their systems.  We have been trying to be patient but it is starting to get tough.

Edited by zebps3
Adding quote.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, zebps3 said:

We got our NVC received august 23rd.  We put in another inquiry on the 26th and got a reply yesterday (30th), which was the same as what we got on the 26th.  That our case has been received but is still waiting data entry into their systems.  We have been trying to be patient but it is starting to get tough.

I'm sorry. Some people are experiencing a long wait on NVC, and it's due to USCIS not sending the petitions to NVC in a timely manner. It's good that you got the news it was received. Don't let NVC tell you now they don't have it, always attack your received email on August 23rd and mention that you are aware that it was received, and you want your case number if the case has been created. Hope you get it in time for the next shipment 🤞🏻

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

4 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

I'm sorry. Some people are experiencing a long wait on NVC, and it's due to USCIS not sending the petitions to NVC in a timely manner. It's good that you got the news it was received. Don't let NVC tell you now they don't have it, always attack your received email on August 23rd and mention that you are aware that it was received, and you want your case number if the case has been created. Hope you get it in time for the next shipment 🤞🏻

Thanks for the advice.  Hopefully we get good news soon😞

5 hours ago, zebps3 said:

Does anyone with NOA2 in May still not have case numbers yet from the NVC?  I am currently with my fiancee and newborn son in the Philippines.  We were hoping to be in the US by November at the latest.  But I just found out today that interviews for November are almost gone for the Philippines.  It is depressing, not sure if we will be even home this year at this rate.

NOA2 May 26, and yesterday nvc replied my email saying that my case was sent to the U.S. embassy on August 15th but there was nothing about the case number. So I sent another email asking about it, so now I'm waiting for a reply. Hopefully you and your family get to go home soon.

9 hours ago, carmilda said:

NOA2 May 26, and yesterday nvc replied my email saying that my case was sent to the U.S. embassy on August 15th but there was nothing about the case number. So I sent another email asking about it, so now I'm waiting for a reply. Hopefully you and your family get to go home soon.

Sorry to hear that, at least you got confirmation that your case has been sent to the embassy.  The NVC seems very disorganized and inconsistent with how they handle cases.

On 8/31/2023 at 12:26 PM, Tere2022 said:

Me too

seems like only option is to do on Windows or print out…

Ugh! Annoying but I guess it's better than all the frustration I've been going through trying to fill it out... 

On 8/31/2023 at 1:07 PM, Bh_sarah said:

I-134 form is the worst. I printed it as PDF using Google Chrome so and then used Acrobat to write on the fields myself. Adobe Reader works too to fill it out like that. Or else, yes, do it by hand.

Yeah, I've been using a paid version of Adobe through work to full it out and it still gives me trouble when I try to enter the zipcode. It keeps saying to enter 5 numbers when I have already entered 5 numbers and then another section to enter employment isnt actually fillable 🙄.. Kind of hoping they release a new (and hopefully improved) version soon.

On 8/31/2023 at 12:58 PM, Roy an Panitta said:

something about old ink pin that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.. im planning on doing it that way.. gonna use the uscis site as little as possable or only if i have to for submitting forms.. 

I honestly love handwriting, but with these forms it makes me so anxious to make a mistake... I feel like on the computer there's less room for error... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, vinrup said:

Fiancé received packet 4 today

it was the I-129 application that I sent last year with an approved stamp on it plus a sticker with an A number

it also had a checklist with further instructions, this checklist had her case number and that A number

Thanks for sharing what’s in Packet 4. Could you share details about the provided instructions and checklist?

Best of luck for the interview!

Timeline
10 hours ago, vinrup said:

Fiancé received packet 4 today

it was the I-129 application that I sent last year with an approved stamp on it plus a sticker with an A number

it also had a checklist with further instructions, this checklist had her case number and that A number

What’s your embassy? (and I am sorry if I asked that before, you don’t have a timeline filled). This is the first time ever I am hearing about an embassy that sends a packet 4 containing the I-129f, just curious.

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I see there are still people people from May waiting for the NVC to issue a case number.  I am in the same situation. The I-797 was generated 5/10/23 and is valid till 9/9/23. I have sent two inquiries and receive a canned response saying "Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems. Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates."

if anyone has any suggestions on how to get traction on this please share.

1 hour ago, Bh_sarah said:

What’s your embassy? (and I am sorry if I asked that before, you don’t have a timeline filled). This is the first time ever I am hearing about an embassy that sends a packet 4 containing the I-129f, just curious.

Hi Sarah, its from mumbai consulate in india, I received p4 packet 2 days before interview date, and they just send you approved copy of 129f, everything is well explained on the consulate website,, 

Timeline
3 hours ago, HGill43 said:

Hi Sarah, its from mumbai consulate in india, I received p4 packet 2 days before interview date, and they just send you approved copy of 129f, everything is well explained on the consulate website,, 

Oh nice to know! I feel not many embassies send a packet 4, and sending the I-129f petition back is an interesting thing. Thanks for letting me know!

NOA1:

Timeline
3 hours ago, RMacFl said:

I see there are still people people from May waiting for the NVC to issue a case number.  I am in the same situation. The I-797 was generated 5/10/23 and is valid till 9/9/23. I have sent two inquiries and receive a canned response saying "Your petition is now waiting for data entry into our systems. Since your case is not in our systems yet, we cannot make updates."

if anyone has any suggestions on how to get traction on this please share.

Keep sending inquiries, one after the other, is the only way to go now :((

NOA1:

11 hours ago, pc09 said:

Thanks for sharing what’s in Packet 4. Could you share details about the provided instructions and checklist?

Best of luck for the interview!

Uploaded the packet 4 checklist, removed the top and bottom portions (personal information like fiancé name, address, case number, birthday, and A #)

If you are in India also, Do not attend the medical without this paper, they will request it 

My fiancé has her interview in Mumbai, India on the 15th of September

Packet 4.JPG

Edited by vinrup
extra info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.