JojoandTomas

MAY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

1,017 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

Sorry, I know we went over this many times here, but to confirm: can I submit my DS160 and schedule an appointment when the NVC status turns ready? Thank you.

If it says this underneath the Ready status, I would: "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time."  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Kaan said:

So NVC answered me 3 times already that they have my case, but they didn’t entered it in to their system yet. Are the lying to me ???

By NVC response my case at NVC already 18 days. I’m so confused 🫤 Thank you for the answer anyways. 🙏🙏🙏

Took me a month from NVC received to get my case number. Stay patient and keep inquiring.

1 hour ago, Mr.So said:

Sorry, I know we went over this many times here, but to confirm: can I submit my DS160 and schedule an appointment when the NVC status turns ready? Thank you.

What's your embassy again? DS-160 is fine to submit. Scheduling the appointment depends on your embassy's way of doing things.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mr.So said:

This is our embassy: https://kh.usembassy.gov/

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/kh/kh-iv-kvisa.asp
Official instructions will *always* say you need to wait for the embassy to contact you. Like the info above. But some you can schedule right away and give enough time between scheduling and interview so you can receive info from the embassy before the interview.
Maybe you can contact the embassy on that email there and check if they can send you the welcome letter/packet 3. Check with other people that went to the embassy too to see what they did. 

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

On 8/18/2023 at 12:36 PM, FilledesEtoiles said:

Paris only has one day at the end of each month ....

I feel your pain! My fiance and I were so excited to finally see some movement.. we were hopeful for an October wedding, but the embassy in Kenya has such limited spots. We still can't schedule our interview and from what I hear they're already booking in December. So much for spending the holidays together and being married before 2024. They really don't make this process easy, huh? Wishing us all patience and fortitude to make it to the end! 

On 8/22/2023 at 6:40 AM, Mr.So said:

This is our embassy: https://kh.usembassy.gov/

As many have said, it may be fine to submit DS-160 first at least. I waited 2 weeks to get info first but my embassy just tells me to submit that first before we get more instructions on appointments.

on a side note we needed to upload a digital picture on Ds-160 for the visa. This we didn’t have so we had to submit next day. So another thing we could’ve prepared for 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/21/2023 at 2:15 PM, vinrup said:

Status turned ready today

Got my interview scheduled for Sept 15th!!!

Congrats and good luck!!

Could you share your experience with the medical and if you scheduled it at Mumbai? For Mumbai, ReleClinic seems to be needing a letter recommending a medical, which is odd. The exact text from https://releclinic.com/us_Visa.html

In case of Non Immigrant Visas a letter from the consulate recommending the medical, will be required to start the medical (these medicals are not currently processed electronically). These candidates will not have a DS 260 confirmation receipt.”

There’s another person who is stuck trying to resolve the issue of getting a medical scheduled in Mumbai due to lack of this letter. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi guys how are you? 

NOA 2 Jun26.NVC received Aug 2. Just now Aug 23 got my Case number after 4 inquiries every week entire August. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

What do I have to do now? I’m so excited forgot everything 😂😂😂

Please help 

Hey guys, after receiving our NOA2 back in may 26 we have finally received our NVC received yesterday, we are still waiting for it to be entered into the system.  It took longer than we expected.  After NOA2 we were hoping to be in the US by Oct but now that seems unlikely.  Is it really taking about a month for NVC to enter the application into the system right now?   At the moment the 3 of us; myself (petitioner), my fiancee, and our 8month old son (already has his CRBA), are stuck in the Philippines waiting on this.  My family hasn't had a chance to meet our son yet and it is hard explaining to them why things are taking so long.  Every week I have to reassure my mother that we will be home this year but right now I am not even sure if I believe we will.  If we aren't home by Christmas or even my sons first birthday, it just might kill her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, HGill43 said:

finally a Big Day, visa interview took 5 mins only and approved at Mumbai consulate, 

Congrats 🎉 

Can you share if you needed any letter from embassy to schedule a medical appointment in Mumbai? The website for ReleClinic suggests that some letter is needed. Appreciate your help. 

7 hours ago, pc09 said:

Congrats 🎉 

Can you share if you needed any letter from embassy to schedule a medical appointment in Mumbai? The website for ReleClinic suggests that some letter is needed. Appreciate your help. 

I did not wait for the welcome letter from embassey, only max mohali and max mumbai ask for it to set up a medical appointment, so I scheduled at max Delhi and they did not ask for any welcome letter just FTP letter copy and appointment letter copy, I had scheduled interview myself after I recevied FTP letter. although I also received welcome letter 3 days before interview but no one asked for it at interview, I hope that helps, good luck to you,,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.