cryshiabelen

I Need an Advise please

26 posts in this topic

Many thanks again to all of your advices. I really appreciate it. My mom had an appointment at the local health department here in Nevada for TB testing on 05/15 and will just call to cancel it since she decided to go home this coming weekend.  My Mom also made it clear to me that she doesn't want to come back here anymore.  Even though it hurts,I respect her decision and I think it will be the best for both of us. 

I hope she won't encounter any problems at the immigration here at US once she fly's back to Philippines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
3 hours ago, jskibo said:

OP was threatened with that?  Not seeing it in her statement 

15 hours ago, cryshiabelen said:

visa. I received a call from  the local public health here in our state that my mom needs to undergo TB testing, assessment and treatment (just incase she tested positive) next month for her green card and she doesn't want to attend it.  

This is a threat.

21 hours ago, cryshiabelen said:

The health department called up stating that she needs to undergo TB testing so that they can clear her GC

And so is this.

OP should be litigating; medical was passed.

If mom is a public health risk due to TB, the government is free to litigate on its side, but mom did receive an immigration visa and entered on it. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, cryshiabelen said:

My mom had an appointment at the local health department here in Nevada for TB testing on 05/15 and will just call to cancel it since she decided to go home this coming weekend.  My Mom also made it clear to me that she doesn't want to come back here anymore.  Even though it hurts,I respect her decision and I think it will be the best for both of us. 

Cryshiabelen, hopefully this will resolve the tensions in your family.

If you would like for this thread to be closed because the situation is resolved, please click "report post" at the top right of any post, and thus request.  This decision is completely up to you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

This is a threat.

And so is this.

OP should be litigating; medical was passed.

If mom is a public health risk due to TB, the government is free to litigate on its side, but mom did receive an immigration visa and entered on it. 

Really? She has the stamp in her passport and is an LPR. Pretty much a reach of imagination from someone who always claims only a judge can take their status away. 

I'm out. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/24/2023 at 7:40 PM, Mike E said:

I have never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a scam.

This is routine followup if the application was annotated with this from the medical. Not uncommon for several countries which have a significant community  circulation  of TB 

I'm just curious since my mom will no longer attend her medical TB appointment here, will she have a problem leaving US? She had not received her GC yet so will Immigration ask for it at the airport or will question her? Thank you again.

24 minutes ago, cryshiabelen said:

I'm just curious since my mom will no longer attend her medical TB appointment here, will she have a problem leaving US? She had not received her GC yet so will Immigration ask for it at the airport or will question her? Thank you again.

No, why? She's leaving the US, all she needs is to show she can enter Philippines. And with Philippines passport, she can prove it.

Entering US would also be possible with endorsed stamp that is valid for a year. If she decides to move back, she can do it while the stamp is valid. Not sure if failing to attend TB appointment would immediately invalidate endorsed immigrant visa though.

Edited by OldUser

14 minutes ago, cryshiabelen said:

I'm just curious since my mom will no longer attend her medical TB appointment here, will she have a problem leaving US? She had not received her GC yet so will Immigration ask for it at the airport or will question her?

Even if your mom does not have her plastic GC, she is already an LPR (aka GC holder).  The IR5 visa with CBP entry stamp in her passport serves as her temporary GC for 1 year.

In any case, unlike in the Philippines, there is no exit immigration at US airports, not even for tourists.  Your mom need only check in with the airline, then go through the TSA security checks and on to the boarding gate to fly back to the PH.

Also, no problem with not attending the medical check-up for TB.  Not sure if the health department staff explained it to you or your mom, but in my case, the Louisiana health department explained that TB screening has no effect on my immigration status as an LPR.  The medical check and optional treatment is for the sake of my well-being and US public health and safety.

3 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Not sure if failing to attend TB appointment would immediately invalidate endorsed immigrant visa.

Nope, no such rule.  For an LPR, the TB appointment is purely a matter of health, not immigration.  The TB appointment only affects immigration in the case of AOS applicants who have chest x-rays that indicate TB exposure.  OP's mom is not an AOS applicant.

Thank you for all of your response, it really gives me clarity when it comes to her case. I am really stressed out. I will buy her ticket today and hoping that everything goes well for both of us.  I do appreciate all of your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.