Crabbypatty

Adjustment of status timing question (Merged x6)

79 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, this is how it would work for several packets. However, I'm not 100% sure whether child should be included in your packet or have their own packet. Do you know you need separate packet for sure? 

I was unsure about this too and I was told here in the forum to create two separate packages and places them in two different envelopes with their own evidence and then place those two envelopes in a priority mail fedex box and write on it that’s it’s a family of two 

Edited by Crabbypatty

52 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Yes, that's the way to do it.

I have have another question: what copies have to be certified copies? I have my birth certificate from my home country but since I’m not there obviously my mom send a scan to me via mail. Will that be good enough or do I have to submit the original certified copy? Same question for my husbands divorce decree. We have one copy that he got from the judge the day he got divorced and we made a copy of that. Will that be good enough? I browsed trough all the instructions and rarely saw uscis mentioning a certified copy, not even for the marriage certificate ( I will however still attach the certified copy either way) . So I was wondering what other copies would have to be certified ones. 

Edited by Crabbypatty

43 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

I have have another question: what copies have to be certified copies? I have my birth certificate from my home country but since I’m not there obviously my mom send a scan to me via mail. 

Scan of birth certificate is OK for AOS packet, however you will likely be asked to show original during interview if you have it. I had to show mine.

44 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

Same question for my husbands divorce decree. We have one copy that he got from the judge the day he got divorced and we made a copy of that. Will that be good enough?

Yes, should be OK.

I only provided certified copy of marriage certificate in AOS packet, everything else was copies.

5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Scan of birth certificate is OK for AOS packet, however you will likely be asked to show original during interview if you have it. I had to show mine.

Yes, should be OK.

I only provided certified copy of marriage certificate in AOS packet, everything else was copies.

Thank you so much :) 

Hey there, 

i am about to go mail our package out and it’s ready here already in the envelope. I was advised here on the forum to do the following order: all forms in one stack, then Followed by all evidence in one stack for all forms ( no duplicate evidence since one marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. should be enough even though it is required for different several forms)

now im reading here that some of u guys got rfes later on because of missing marriage certificates etc. 

How did you guys file and what is the best way? Is it safer to submit each form Followed by all documentation and to decouple documents even if that means I submit more than one of the same document in my package?) 

since everything is already in the envelope would suck having to overdo everting but I also want to avoid an rfe for something we actually did submit just because we didn’t submit enough copies? 

also: do i actually have to submit a separate i3025 along with the medical although that is included in the sealed envelope by the doctor 
Already? Saw folks here having issues with this form … 

Edited by Crabbypatty

Hey there, 

i am about to go mail our package out and it’s ready here already in the envelope. I was advised here on the forum to do the following order: all forms in one stack, then Followed by all evidence in one stack for all forms ( no duplicate evidence since one marriage certificate, birth certificate etc. should be enough even though it is required for different several forms)

now im reading here that some of u guys got rfes later on because of missing marriage certificates etc. 

How did you guys file and what is the best way? Is it safer to submit each form Followed by all documentation and to decouple documents even if that means I submit more than one of the same document in my package?) 

since everything is already in the envelope would suck having to overdo everting but I also want to avoid an rfe for something we actually did submit just because we didn’t submit enough copies? 

also: do i actually have to submit a separate i3025 along with the medical although that is included in the sealed envelope by the doctor 
Already? Saw folks here having issues with this form 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Each form needs to go with its own supporting documents. 

So, I'd suggest put a form first, then underneath it put it's supporting documents. Repeat for each form..

Theose forms will be ripped and sent to different centers, hence the need to satisfy the requirements for each form independently.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

30 minutes ago, Timona said:

Each form needs to go with its own supporting documents. 

So, I'd suggest put a form first, then underneath it put it's supporting documents. Repeat for each form..

Theose forms will be ripped and sent to different centers, hence the need to satisfy the requirements for each form independently.

Thank you. I will redo everything before I send it out. Because of this, I do only have 2 certified copies of my marriage certificate now. (We are filing for my child as well) . I have to send out today due to lack of time (90 days will be up soon, adjusting from esta and I think the packet has to get there while I’m still in status ). You think it will be ok if I include one certified marriage certificate for each packet form I-130 (me and my sons) and then for all the other forms where it’s required just add a regular copy ? 

Edited by Crabbypatty

Timeline

How old is the child? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

I believe this kid should ride on it's mom's application. @Mike E

Just now, Timona said:

I believe this kid should ride on it's mom's application. @Mike E

What would that mean exactly? I was told here on the forum that I should file two separate packages one for me one for my child and then place them both in an envelope individually and place those two envelopes together in a usps priority mail box ( mark it as: family of two)  and send it out this way. Is this correct? I created two separate packages for each my son and me and included the same evidence and the same forms for my child that I used for myself.

What would be the correct way of doing it? 

28 minutes ago, Crabbypatty said:

What would that mean exactly? I was told here on the forum that I should file two separate packages one for me one for my child and then place them both in an envelope individually and place those two envelopes together in a usps priority mail box ( mark it as: family of two)  and send it out this way. Is this correct? I created two separate packages for each my son and me and included the same evidence and the same forms for my child that I used for myself.

What would be the correct way of doing it? 

We did a separate affidavit of support form for my child too.  In the box of form I-864 were they ask what other family Members my husband will sponsor we only put myself, as it stated to not include family members from a separate visa petition (which we thought was the case for my child as we file his own package, but send it together with Mine) 

I’m talking about part 3, item number 1 

in confused now if we did this all correctly 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.