CS & CK

New Zealand Police Certificate continually rejected

23 posts in this topic

I am struggling to get my New Zealand Police certificate accepted by the NVC. The New Zealand Police do not send copies to individuals, but directly to the consulate.

I have tried submitting the confirmation from the Police that they have processed the request, and the confirmation from the consulate they have forwarded the certificate to the NVC but they both were rejected. Most recently said "Document not available" with a comment from this forum what has worked for someone else, still rejected.

I have called and emailed the consulate, but they just tell me they've sent it to the NVC. I have submitted a public inquiry, but no response in over 2 weeks.

I've tried all the different options and advice in this forum and I can't just get past this point. I'm stuck.

Any help of advice of who to contact would be greatly appreciated. A 2 week feedback loop after trying different things is infuriating.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Yes, followed the instructions. Tried all the options I can find in forum topics and still no joy.

The consulate have confirmation from NVC that they have received the Police certificate. That is somehow not getting to the person checking my documents.

Is there anyone we can call or contact to help?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
25 minutes ago, CS & CK said:

Is there anyone we can call or contact to help?

@JedMills seemed to crack the code

Thanks Mike, this is what I've tried. Seems to be arbitrary if they're accepting or not.

Will see if I can get a copy of the Police Cert from NVC or something.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum, from IR1/CR1 P&P - as the OP is in need of country specific help.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 4/13/2023 at 1:43 AM, CS & CK said:

Thanks Mike, this is what I've tried. Seems to be arbitrary if they're accepting or not.

Will see if I can get a copy of the Police Cert from NVC or something.

So I am applying for an immigration visa from the UK, but I am from New Zealand and so had to go through the NZ police visa vetting process too. I got through NVC without hassle so I'll recount my approach here - maybe it will help, maybe not.

I saved the e-mail confirmation from NZ police vetting service (which states they have sent the result to the Auckland consulate) as a PDF and uploaded that as the evidence for NZ police certificate. I also added a specific note to the document describing the process as I understood it: "I have followed the process to obtain NZ Police records for the purposes of a US Visa as described here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/NewZealand.html

I submitted the section 14 document to the NZ Police Vetting Service, and they responded with this attached document stating that they have forwarded the results to the US Consulate in Auckland. My understanding is that they will be forwarded to the US Consulate in London."

I'm not sure if my note actually made any difference, but if you didn't include something like that then it might be worth trying again? I get the feeling this might not be a common process and so perhaps if one person is working your case there might be a knowledge gap and the note could help prompt them. Or not.

NVC accepted mine and I was documentarily qualified. Interestingly, I see they added a response to my note in CEAC, which reads: "The police certificate required for New Zealand does not need to be submitted through CEAC. The issuing authority will send the police certificate directly to the interviewing consulate or embassy. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines."

So it's not clear whether the document actually should be going to NVC in all cases; I was under the impression that the Auckland Consulate was supposed to send it to both NVC and to the interviewing embassy (London, in my case - and I guess if you are interviewing in Auckland then they will already have it.)

For what it's worth, this only got me so far as I had my interview in London today and it turns out the NZ police info never made it from Auckland to London... so now I have to wait until that gets chased down before I can get approved in any case.

I guess another option is to get your petitioner to go to their congress/senate representative, I've never had to try this so I have no idea if it's worth doing but maybe this could help - https://www.boundless.com/blog/how-to-contact-your-representative-to-speed-up-your-visa-processing-time/ 

Edited by visacats

3 hours ago, visacats said:

I saved the e-mail confirmation from NZ police vetting service (which states they have sent the result to the Auckland consulate) as a PDF and uploaded that as the evidence for NZ police certificate. I also added a specific note to the document describing the process as I understood it: "I have followed the process to obtain NZ Police records for the purposes of a US Visa as described here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/NewZealand.html

I submitted the section 14 document to the NZ Police Vetting Service, and they responded with this attached document stating that they have forwarded the results to the US Consulate in Auckland.

Thanks @visacats,  this is exactly what I did the first time I submitted documents. Including the comment about following the process, and a link to the instructions. Interesting your comment said "Not required" because I also tried submitting "Not available" to only be rejected again.

I guess another option is to get your petitioner to go to their congress/senate representative, I've never had to try this so I have no idea if it's worth doing but maybe this could help - https://www.boundless.com/blog/how-to-contact-your-representative-to-speed-up-your-visa-processing-time/ 

My wife has contacted her Senator for help. We'll see how that goes otherwise looks like we might need to get a lawyer involved.

For what it's worth, this only got me so far as I had my interview in London today and it turns out the NZ police info never made it from Auckland to London... so now I have to wait until that gets chased down before I can get approved in any case.

Thats gutting, sorry. Hope it all gets resolved soon!

7 minutes ago, CS & CK said:

Thanks @visacats,  this is exactly what I did the first time I submitted documents. Including the comment about following the process, and a link to the instructions. Interesting your comment said "Not required" because I also tried submitting "Not available" to only be rejected again.

My wife has contacted her Senator for help. We'll see how that goes otherwise looks like we might need to get a lawyer involved.

Thats gutting, sorry. Hope it all gets resolved soon!

Argh, okay so you were onto it. Sorry to hear that, real Russian roulette stuff it seems. I guess all I can offer then is a little more evidence that you’ve done the right thing/all you can… or at least that someone else did exactly the same thing and it worked. Which is maybe worse 😬 hope it gets sorted soon, how frustrating 😕

And re: my stuff - thanks, appreciate that. Baby steps... 

P.s. if you haven’t already, maybe it’s worth a trawl through the NVC forum to see if there are any other tips or tricks for escalating NVC issues in general and getting them resolved? The threads might not pertain to your issue specifically but maybe there are discussions about other ways to escalate if e.g. the public inquiry form goes unanswered or similar, as I’m guessing there are many ways to hit NVC roadblocks. Maybe you’ve already done this, but if not that could be a different angle to approach from.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/83-national-visa-center-dept-of-state/

I haven't read this entire thread so I apologize if this has already been suggested!

I submitted a letter where I literally explained to NVC that NZ Police will not issue these vetting results to the individual. Within the letter I imbedded a screenshot of the confirmation email from NZ police and went as far to highlight the specific sentence where they advise you to upload the confirmation email in lieu of the police certificate. 

It felt a bit silly to have to explain how it works to them and to be making it so obvious but mine got accepted with no issues. 

When we were going through this I remember others who got another confirmation email from Auckland Consulate stating they had received the vetting results and they seemed to have luck with that. Maybe try contacting Auckland Consulate for advice?

Cheers

Thanks @Sammy.NZ. I had tried all of the above 😰

We've called and emailed the consulate but their advice was fairly generic "here's how you get a police certificate" (which we had done), and "we've sent it to NVC - don't contact us". Very helpful. We submitted that correspondence with the "police certificate" pack, but not joy.

My wife (USC) got in touch with her Senator and that seems to have helped. We received notice we're documentarily qualified this morning! Progress.

We submitted our documents last 07-Apr and just got DQ'd yesterday, 20-Apr. I got worried because alot of people were posting about getting their NZ police cert being rejected. Luckily, on our first submission everything went well.

What we did for the nz police cert is that we marked it as not available, and put the following comment that I got from here, " New Zealand police department will send the information directly to the US Consulate in Auckland, who will then send it to NVC"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

can anyone please tell me what documents did you submit along with your form? 

my parents visited New Zealand and stayed over one year. They are in India and need to provide PCC from New Zealand. They don't have New Zealand license number either, so wondering what documentation are required.. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

and what do you write in consulate postal address? is it Auckland consulate address or the Consulate where their visas will be granted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.