Howy

OkCupid Terms & Conditions: Which to Highlight?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I have read that some COs see OkCupid as an international marriage broker and I have considered including related proof for them in our I-129F package.

I plan on including OkCupid's Terms and Conditions as well as a confirmation email from an OkCupid representative. Here is the link of OkCupid's Terms and Conditions: https://help.okcupid.com/hc/en-us/articles/6640690915469-Terms-Conditions#:~:text=You agree that OkCupid may,%3B (iii) respond to claims

What information should I highlight on OkCupid's Terms and Conditions page, or should I just include the entire thing without highlights/emphasis on any specific information?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Howard L said:

have read that some COs see OkCupid as an international marriage broker and I have considered including related proof for them in our I-129F package

You do not need to mention that you found each other online. I-129F wants to know when you met in person and where.

53. Have you and your fiancé(e) met in person during the two years immediately before filing this petition?

If vou answered "Yes" to Item Number 53., describe the circumstances of your in-person meeting in Item Number 54.

Attach evidence to demonstrate that you were in each other's physical presence during the required two year period.

Item 54 should be a list of all meetings that took place in the two years prior to filing:

from date - to date - place

At the visa interview, bring evidence that OKCupid is not an IMB in case the IO asks if you found each other online.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OK cupid is not IMB

HIghlight the section that tells u its a free dating site when u take the copy of Terms and Conditions to interview 

Like Mike E said u do not have to mention it on petition

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had met on Filipino Cupid, here is how we handled the IMB issue. I found the sections in the sites Terms of Service (ToS) and highlighted those and included the entire ToS, also when I wrote out how we met, I used some key words like, "when we independently began chatting on the site" and "our mutual desire to meet..." clearly showing that it was not the site, but us that formed the relationship.

Some thought I was too verbose, but NOA2 after 413 days, I was kinda happy with that.  I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We used RapidVisa to help prepare our I-129F and because we first met online through Badoo, they advised us to print and send the entire TOS (no highlights). Suppose it may be different for every situation, but it worked out for us. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.