Jake77

Updating petitioner's documents [merged threads]

31 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, top_secret said:

Yea, that's probably the e-mail.  So all good now?  You got a date in the immediate future?  Maybe just a glitch with their website or something.

Somewhat good now. Scheduling's fine - the only thing I'm having trouble with is updating documents that could expire.

I don't know whether to submit new documents before scheduling (might affect my DQ status).
Or, to schedule first then submit my docs.

7 hours ago, Jake77 said:

Somewhat good now. Scheduling's fine - the only thing I'm having trouble with is updating documents that could expire.

I don't know whether to submit new documents before scheduling (might affect my DQ status).
Or, to schedule first then submit my docs.

You upload this with your CEAC/NVC login.  Otherwise, USEM may send you out (if still early) and you will have to do the same.. scan and upload.  So might as well, refresh your expiring docs.  i suggest that you upload/submit at least a week before your interview day.  USEM checks these documents days before your interview (you will sometimes see in tracker that the date is changing before even interviewed).

3 hours ago, hunny&me said:

You upload this with your CEAC/NVC login.  Otherwise, USEM may send you out (if still early) and you will have to do the same.. scan and upload.  So might as well, refresh your expiring docs.  i suggest that you upload/submit at least a week before your interview day.  USEM checks these documents days before your interview (you will sometimes see in tracker that the date is changing before even interviewed).

I don't have an interview appointment yet so I'm still trying to get a slot.

Would it be okay to update my documents now even when I still don't have an interview slot readied?
I'm already DQ'd. So, I'm afraid that updating it now before getting myself a slot for the interview could revert my DQ status (because they'd have to review the docs again?) somehow and delay my process.

Edited by Jake77
Added info

• 5 weeks later...

I'm already DQ'd.
My petitioners documents (taxes, etc.) could be expiring soon.
I've been instructed to schedule for an interview, but the date of the interview itself is still far out and the docs of my petitioner could lose their validity by then.

1. Does it cost money to reupload the docs on NVC's website? (Case is already at the Embassy, by the way.)
2. Will they have to review the docs again - meaning I lose my DQ status and would have to wait to be documentarily qualified before being able to sched. an interview again?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

I'm already DQ'd.
My petitioners documents (taxes, etc.) could be expiring soon.
I've been instructed to schedule for an interview, but the date of the interview itself is still far out and the docs of my petitioner could lose their validity by then.

1. Does it cost money to reupload the docs on NVC's website? (Case is already at the Embassy, by the way.)
2. Will they have to review the docs again - meaning I lose my DQ status and would have to wait to be documentarily qualified before being able to sched. an interview again?

1. No.
2. No, you won't lose your DQ status.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

Alright, I'll upload the new docs and proceed with the interview. Thanks.

Which consulate are you at by the way?

I recently got my IL from Taipei and I'll be bringing an updated I-864 with me rather than uploading to CEAC.

10 minutes ago, IRFUN said:

Which consulate are you at by the way?

I recently got my IL from Taipei and I'll be bringing an updated I-864 with me rather than uploading to CEAC.

Manila, Philippines.

The docs. that need to be renewed are my father's and he's in the US - technically I can print those out and bring them as well ... but that's a hassle.

Does it make any difference whether I upload it online or bring it in physically?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jake77 said:

Manila, Philippines.

The docs. that need to be renewed are my father's and he's in the US - technically I can print those out and bring them as well ... but that's a hassle.

Does it make any difference whether I upload it online or bring it in physically?

I'm not sure if it's a consulate-specific thing, but I read somewhere on VJ that they don't look at CEAC after you've been DQ'd. For me, I'm having my joint sponsor mail me their updated I-864 along with updated financial evidence. 

3 hours ago, IRFUN said:

I'm not sure if it's a consulate-specific thing, but I read somewhere on VJ that they don't look at CEAC after you've been DQ'd. For me, I'm having my joint sponsor mail me their updated I-864 along with updated financial evidence. 

Hey, sorry to bother you again, but do you know how long financial evidence are valid for?

I remember looking the validity up a while ago but can't exactly recall where I found it.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Jake77 said:

Hey, sorry to bother you again, but do you know how long financial evidence are valid for?

I remember looking the validity up a while ago but can't exactly recall where I found it.

I think there's no expiry date so to speak, but I've seen most people prepare an updated I-864 along with updated financial evidence by interview time and new tax returns/transcripts if applicable. 

The only thing I'd watch out for is the police certificates since they seem to have specific validity periods. 

Edited by IRFUN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline