Aoife&Cam

Dob wrong on green card

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Aoife&Cam said:

My lawyer informed me that I can apply for stamp without having I-90? 

You “can” do anything you want. Whether it will succeed is in question.

If your lawyer misprepared your I-485, your lawyer should pay your I-90 fee.

Our lawyer used software that her type my wife’s DoB once, write everywhere.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

You “can” do anything you want. Whether it will succeed is in question.

If your lawyer misprepared your I-485, your lawyer should pay your I-90 fee.

Our lawyer used software that her type my wife’s DoB once, write everywhere.

This is also why it's a person's responsibility to check EVERY box on an application. 

For my employment visa, the lawyers had the work address incorrect on the forms, despite me verifying it so they could courier the package to me.  I fine tooth combed the forms upon receipt so I didn't show up to Secondary to receive egg on my face.  I had hubs double check our DS-260's for our GC's and my N-400 before sending.  We did find small errors and corrected them.  So important to dot the "i"s and cross the "t's!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

21 minutes ago, mam521 said:

This is also why it's a person's responsibility to check EVERY box on an application. 

For my employment visa, the lawyers had the work address incorrect on the forms, despite me verifying it so they could courier the package to me.  I fine tooth combed the forms upon receipt so I didn't show up to Secondary to receive egg on my face.  I had hubs double check our DS-260's for our GC's and my N-400 before sending.  We did find small errors and corrected them.  So important to dot the "i"s and cross the "t's!

i did the same thing. i found a lot of "little" tiny mistakes and when i pointed all that mistakes the lawyer's assistant got pissed. i dont really care. fine tooth combed goes along the way especially when it come to file immigration form

1 hour ago, Aoife&Cam said:

i agree with @Mike E u can do whatever u want, but in reality u will need ur plastic GC for certain thing, and also the stamp didnt last as long as the GC especially if you got 10 years GC. i agree it silly mistake, but better get it fix

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

i agree with @Mike E u can do whatever u want, but in reality u will need ur plastic GC for certain thing, and also the stamp didnt last as long as the GC especially if you got 10 years GC. i agree it silly mistake, but better get it fix

Yes the main thing that I'm concerned about right now is my trip abroad in July. I submitted the paperwork to lawyer, she reviewed, and sent to me to review again. My dyslexia and dob being mm/dd/yy has cost me dearly.

My GC I got is for two years 

15 minutes ago, Aoife&Cam said:

Yes the main thing that I'm concerned about right now is my trip abroad in July. I submitted the paperwork to lawyer, she reviewed, and sent to me to review again. My dyslexia and dob being mm/dd/yy has cost me dearly.

My GC I got is for two years 

Where are you traveling to? Back home? 

And I agree the lawyer should pay the fee. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Where are you traveling to? Back home? 

And I agree the lawyer should pay the fee. 

I am traveling to Spain for a family wedding. Flights and accommodation booked.

How do you think I'd be able to get them to pay for it? As I believe she sent it to me for final review?

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Aoife&Cam said:

And what would be the basis of applying for a stamp considering your GC has been issued? That is the question I would expect them to ask you before agreeing to provide you with a stamp. So again, I don’t see your possibility of getting a stamp temporary stamp without having filed for a replacement GC. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sm1smom said:

And what would be the basis of applying for a stamp considering your GC has been issued? That is the question I would expect them to ask you before agreeing to provide you with a stamp. So again, I don’t see your possibility of getting a stamp temporary stamp without having filed for a replacement GC. 

I will apply for a replacement card later today and once I receive my notice I will apply for stamp.

Appreciate everyones input and help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Misscloud said:

i did the same thing. i found a lot of "little" tiny mistakes and when i pointed all that mistakes the lawyer's assistant got pissed. i dont really care. fine tooth combed goes along the way especially when it come to file immigration form

The paras get mad but this is my whole life they are playing with!  Until they have to go through the process and are the ones standing in front of the CO petitioning for their future, they have no vote.  They are being paid to do a job.  Do it well the first time and you won't have so many things to fix!  

Anyway, I'll jump off my soapbox now...

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

USCIS had my year of birth wrong. I didn’t have to pay.

Did you have the year of birth correct on the initial I485 form?

Timeline

I have one more (set) of questions. I am filling out the I-90 form, and I am stuck on Part 3.

1. Location where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status.

Is this where I went for interview for K1 visa?

2. Location where your immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where you were granted adjustment of status

I didnt do an interview for GC, what do I put down?

3a. Destination in the United States at the time of admission?

Confused on this also

3b. Port-of-entry where admitted to the United states?

Is my POE dublin due to preclearance?

Edited by Aoife&Cam

Just now, Aoife&Cam said:

I have one more (set) of questions. I am filling out the I-90 form, and I am stuck on Part 3.

1. Location where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status.

Is this where I went for interview for K1 visa?

2. Location where your immigrant visa was issued or USCIS office where you were granted adjustment of status

It is about AOS: your city and local office. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.