Aoife&Cam

Dob wrong on green card

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I received my Green card today, yay!!!

Unfortunately my dob is incorrect on it. Is it  possible to argue that because USCIS had various copies of my DOB - birth cert, passport, I-765 and I-131, that I don't have to pay the I-90 fee?

I do have to travel internationally in July and plan to ring for a I-551 stamp.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Aoife&Cam said:

There was a typo on the I-485 form.

You will have to pay the fee. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Aoife&Cam said:

If I get the stamp, would I need to get a replacement card?

You will likely have to pay the I-90 fee to get the stamp.

1 hour ago, Aoife&Cam said:

Hello everyone,

I received my Green card today, yay!!!

Unfortunately my dob is incorrect on it. Is it  possible to argue that because USCIS had various copies of my DOB - birth cert, passport, I-765 and I-131, that I don't have to pay the I-90 fee?

I do have to travel internationally in July and plan to ring for a I-551 stamp.

Screenshot_20230404-201401_Samsung Notes.jpg

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Why would she have to pay the fee? 

44 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Is it  possible to argue that because USCIS had various copies of my DOB - birth cert, passport, I-765 and I-131, that I don't have to pay the I-90 fee?

Do see what is missing in above?

2 hours ago, Aoife&Cam said:

There was a typo on the I-485 form

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, Aoife&Cam said:

If I get the stamp, would I need to get a replacement card?

In order to get the stamp, you will first need to pay and file an I-90 for a replacement card. Once you have the NOA for the filed I-90, you’ll then use that to request the I-551stamp. The error on your GC is not a USCIS generated error, it is based on the information you listed on your I-485, hence your having to pay for a replacement card. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sm1smom said:

In order to get the stamp, you will first need to pay and file an I-90 for a replacement card. Once you have the NOA for the filed I-90, you’ll then use that to request the I-551stamp. The error on your GC is not a USCIS generated error, it is based on the information you listed on your I-485, hence your having to pay for a replacement card. 

God what a silly expensive mistake, esp having done everything up to now right, it's incredibly frustrating.

I guess I start to compile all the paperwork for the I-90, would I need to send in my original birth cert or is a photocopy sufficient?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sm1smom said:

My lawyer informed me that I can apply for stamp without having I-90? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.