IAG

DS-5535 Amsterdam [merged threads]

62 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Dude, no visa is approved “on the spot”.   That’s just not how that works.

Here are some simple logic lessons I will provide for free.

If the consular officer says "your visa is approved", it means this and ONLY this: the visa is approved. Not "the visa will be approved", nor "the visa was approved".

People do get approved on the spot and receive their passport in one week.

Just now, IAG said:

If the consular officer says "your visa is approved", it means this and ONLY this: the visa is approved. Not "the visa will be approved", nor "the visa was approved".

Nope.   There are always last minute checks that occur.   Nothing is certain until it is ISSUED, as you are now discovering.

Visas used to be approved and issued on the spot.   Those days are long gone.

Those of us who have been around VJ for many years have seen countless cases where posters have lamented “but they said it was approved…..” as they embark upon months or years of waiting, so it clearly was not approved.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Nope.   There are always last minute checks that occur.   Nothing is certain until it is ISSUED, as you are now discovering.

Those of us who have been around VJ for many years have seen countless cases where posters have lamented “but they said it was approved…..” as they embark upon months or years of waiting, so it clearly was not approved.

Fine, be that way. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When my visa was approved I knew that because they put it in my passport and I walked out with it.

Different now

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, IAG said:

Writ of mandamus is probably the best way to go, otherwise they sit on cases for years

Visa will not be issued until the extra security checks from the info on the ds5535 are completed

WOM before that forcing the embassy to make a decision can get a denial if the whole process is not complete

BTW  did u provide the criminal report from Russia ?   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
6 hours ago, IAG said:

Not true.

someone got “visa is approved” but it went to administrative processing for two months then the visa got denied.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

not true 

morocco man actually got his visa and the embassy called him back and revoked it

it can be denied at any point till u r actually in this country and if a K1 and don't marry within the 90 days,   someone can report that and open up  a whole bag of different worms

Just now, JeanneAdil said:

not true 

morocco man actually got his visa and the embassy called him back and revoked it

it can be denied at any point till u r actually in this country and if a K1 and don't marry within the 90 days,   someone can report that and open up  a whole bag of different worms

Well okay, but for MOST people, once the visa is issued, they are good to go.....

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Well okay, but for MOST people, once the visa is issued, they are good to go.....

usually but the woman (member here) from Mississippi had to deal with this issue 

someone tried to say he already had a morocco wife and she flew to moroc to Rabat to find out for sure

visa reissued but it took time as the lady was in US army and had to wait for time off to dispute and take info to Casa embassy

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
9 hours ago, chanav said:

@IAG hope you get the green card soon. I've heard this in the past. It is frustrating.

Can you share how long was it between your documents completed&verified and receiving the interview letter?

I got documentary qualified by NVC on July 19 2022, and the interview letter came on September 28 2022. The interview was scheduled for November 15, however, they rescheduled it to be on November 8, and I missed that appointment. Anyways, they rescheduled my interview again and I attended it on November 29 2022. Overall not bad. Regardless, it has been more than 1 year since my I-140 approval and more than 18 months since my I-140 filing. I have filed a WOM lawsuit through a firm to compel them to issue my visa (of course they could also deny the visa, however, since I don't have any criminal record or misrepresentation, they don't have any grounds to do so).

Timeline
On 1/28/2023 at 4:52 PM, chanav said:

@IAG Thanks. I will keep my fingers crossed. Also, is there a specific format for 'proof of vaccination' to be cared during medical test? Or is it a bunch of certificates?

You will need to email the panel doctor to schedule your appointment in Amsterdam. In their reply email, there will be a list of required vaccines. You will have to do vaccinations before attending your medical exam. I did mine at KLM health services (Schiphol) because they even work on Sundays. GGD or anywhere else is also fine, although it could take a while to set up your appointment with them. Certificates, stamps in your yellow book are all accepted (including from other countries).

My final suggestion: if you happen to be someone of either Middle-Eastern, Russian, Chinese, Indian background, be sure to fill out that DS-5535 form BEFORE your interview. Just in case, fill out, print and sign your DS-5535 so that you have an opportunity to directly hand it in to your interviewing officer. Remember, if they don't ask for it, it does not mean they will not request it by email after your interview is completed. Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.