Claire B

RFE AFTER APPROVAL

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I’ve just had notification of an RFE after 83 days since my NOA2. Once I receive it and deal with it, how long will it take for USCIS to send my case to NVC? It’s already been at NVC and was sent back to USCIS as there was a page missing. Just want any input on response times. 

Timeline

I’m trying to think of it positively that at least it’s moving forward. Im going to call them after they receive it and explain the situation. It was actually successfully expedited at NVC back in early Feb due to my K2 so I’m hoping that will still apply. I just need USCIS to move on it quickly and I have run out of faith with them after everything! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Claire B said:

Yes. As soon as it arrives I’m going to call them and request they expedite to NVC as a matter of urgency. I can only hope! 

When you send the RFE back may be worth adding a short cover letter explaining aging out K2 and previous approved expedite (as well as your calling plan)

Also if it was a mistake (missing page) due to USCIS/NVC error, you're entitled to an expedite 

Edited by AndiB

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

Timeline
3 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Hi, how is everything going? 

Any good news? What was your RFE about? 

Hi. They asked for an entire page of the I-129f! I know it was sent originally and they would most definitely not approved it in the first place with a page missing. I’ve sent them it back and they received it on the 5th. I’m going to be contacting them today. All I need them to do is send it quick to NVC and we should just make the timeframe. If they sit on it for another 83 days it’s over. Trying to stay positive and thank you for checking up on me 

16 minutes ago, Claire B said:

Hi. They asked for an entire page of the I-129f! I know it was sent originally and they would most definitely not approved it in the first place with a page missing. I’ve sent them it back and they received it on the 5th. I’m going to be contacting them today. All I need them to do is send it quick to NVC and we should just make the timeframe. If they sit on it for another 83 days it’s over. Trying to stay positive and thank you for checking up on me 

So that was the missing page that caused the delay. Unbelievable how they are so good at losing documents -and even single pages-.

Sending all the best vibes towards you and hoping everything moves fast. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Claire B said:

fingers crossed for you!! Been following your struggle and hoping you get good news, as least London is pretty consistently fast so chances are good I hope. 

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: 2024-04-24
GC NOA2: 2024-07-30 || GC Received: 2024-08-08

Timeline
42 minutes ago, AndiB said:

fingers crossed for you!! Been following your struggle and hoping you get good news, as least London is pretty consistently fast so chances are good I hope. 

Thank you so much. I am not worried once it arrives at NVC and the embassy will allow me to expedite. It’s USCIS that I have concerns with. I also have the local congressman calling them today so hope we get somewhere fast! 

3 hours ago, Claire B said:

Thank you so much. I am not worried once it arrives at NVC and the embassy will allow me to expedite. It’s USCIS that I have concerns with. I also have the local congressman calling them today so hope we get somewhere fast! 

Keep us updated please. We're all rooting for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.