RipeAvocado

I-765 Case Closed (Approved) but no EAD card

9 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

That is SO WEIRD. 

Call customer service and/ or file an e-request here: 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

customer service is unreachable, the machine keeps giving me automated responses and sends me generic info links. Any attempt to request a customer support rep disconnects the call. I have filled out e-request but it's been a whole month now and I haven't received any updates.

Just now, RipeAvocado said:

customer service is unreachable, the machine keeps giving me automated responses and sends me generic info links. Any attempt to request a customer support rep disconnects the call. I have filled out e-request but it's been a whole month now and I haven't received any updates.

When calling say "Infopass"; it should connect you to an agent. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

did you use a lawyer by any chance? 
if the G-28 is filled depending on what was checked on it, It could potentially have been sent to the attorney address.

No, i didn't use a lawyer. Filed everything on my own. There wasn't supposed to be any other address. I have moved but I've filed AR-11 when I did. 

Customer service wasn't of much help either. They basically told me either wait for someone to get back to me regarding the e-request I submitted a month back, or file a new I-765 (which would take months of processing time and seems as a totally useless advice on their part)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well, I think it can be safely concluded that USCIS sent the card to your old address. if you have access I would check the mail in the old address or reach the USPS office at the old address in case they have it. the communication between the departments is not a strong suite for the USCIS and we have seen AR-11 being ineffective at updating the address even when people have gotten confirmations of AR-11 acceptance via mail. Its bad to the point where people generally recommend avoiding changing the address altogether while a case is processing with the USCIS. I would also worry that your interview letter might also get sent to your old address, So stay proactive and call the tier-2 officer to get the notice once the status updates online for the I-485 instead of relying on the mail. Also call tier again to confirm they have the updated address on file.

Edited by Bajinga

14 minutes ago, Bajinga said:

Well, I think it can be safely concluded that USCIS sent the card to your old address. if you have access I would check the mail in the old address or reach the USPS office at the old address in case they have it. the communication between the departments is not a strong suite for the USCIS and we have seen AR-11 being ineffective at updating the address even when people have gotten confirmations of AR-11 acceptance via mail. Its bad to the point where people generally recommend avoiding changing the address altogether while a case is processing with the USCIS. I would also worry that your interview letter might also get sent to your old address, So stay proactive and call the tier-2 officer to get the notice once the status updates online for the I-485 instead of relying on the mail. Also call tier again to confirm they have the updated address on file.

Today when i spoke to the rep she confirmed my new address on file and that the letter was sent to the new address. What arrived though was only the SSN card w/o the EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.