Marshae04

Case in Administrative Processing Why?

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Tonald said:

This was exactly what happened to my wife and the kids, they’re tricky and keep twisting her answers, the CO collected their passports and put them on administrative process, they had their interview on March 28 and we are still waiting to hear from them, I’m ready to move back to Nigeria if the visa delay more than expected, my kids growing without me is tormenting and stay alone here without my wife is turf, just hanging there and let’s keep encourage each other 

I feel your pain hopefully we'll hear some good news soon 😃

On 4/3/2023 at 10:54 PM, Marshae04 said:

Good afternoon 

My husband went for his interview last week he was prepared and had everything they asked for plus more. He got to the interview bright and early. The consular asked him around 5-6 questions but she was tricky and kept repeating back his answer but twisting what he said, nevertheless he said he was on his P's & Q's and he answered everything correctly.  She gave him a white paper and on the bottom, she wrote Administrative Processing.  He said he asked her politely if there was anything that was missing she stated no he had everything she needed and they will let him know his status.  She then took his passport and gave him the paper.  Since then we haven't heard anything the status of the visa was refused for a week then it was changed to Administrative Processing last week.  We are so confused and lost because we don't know what's happening.  Can anyone tell me what's going on? We waited over 2yrs just to get to this point now we're in Limbo.  We're very frustrated, to say the least mentally and emotionally exhausted! Has this happened to anyone before? It's going on 2 wks and we still don't know if he was approved or denied 😰

Certainly sounds rehearsed and over-prepared, which could be a red flag so they might want to doublecheck his/your documents and claims.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hocnos said:

Certainly sounds rehearsed and over-prepared, which could be a red flag so they might want to doublecheck his/your documents and claims.

Rehearsed?! 🙄 and over prepared wow so if you know you’re going to your interview and certain documents are required you wouldn’t bring everything you’re supposed to bring? Who purposely don’t come prepared for an immigration interview? When you’re married for real you know your spouse there’s no need to rehearse anything 🙄😂

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
Just now, CynRob said:

hello did you get an update on your case ?

Yes!!! He’s finally home praise God they approved his visa last week after 3wks of being on Administrative Processing he came home yesterday 🙏🏽❤️

1 minute ago, Marshae04 said:

Yes!!! He’s finally home praise God they approved his visa last week after 3wks of being on Administrative Processing he came home yesterday 🙏🏽❤️

Thank you and congratulations !! I have been 2 weeks now but mine has never changed the status from Refused and they kept my passport did yours actually changed to Administrative processing ? 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/20/2023 at 3:58 AM, CynRob said:

Thank you and congratulations !! I have been 2 weeks now but mine has never changed the status from Refused and they kept my passport did yours actually changed to Administrative processing ? 

Any Updates? Sorry for the late response........

Timeline
On 4/20/2023 at 2:25 PM, Marshae04 said:

Hey. Can you tell me your status updated steps before they issued his visa. Mine status changed to ready from refused 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, Linda2020 said:

Hey. Can you tell me your status updated steps before they issued his visa. Mine status changed to ready from refused 

Our status went back and forth for three weeks before being issued.  It went from refused to ready back to AP back to refused to ready then finally issued smh the whole thing was so exhausting and confusing. We both were an emotional wreck 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/9/2023 at 6:38 PM, Marshae04 said:

Our status went back and forth for three weeks before being issued.  It went from refused to ready back to AP back to refused to ready then finally issued smh the whole thing was so exhausting and confusing. We both were an emotional wreck 

Sounds we had the same CO. We just had our interview yesterday and what an heartbreaking day. 💔 now who knows how long this will take. This waiting game gamble is hard. Wish it were seamless than. But I understand high fraud precautions. Just felt the CO was very judgemental and discriminatory with her choice in phrases towards my partner. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kcpaty said:

Sounds we had the same CO. We just had our interview yesterday and what an heartbreaking day. 💔 now who knows how long this will take. This waiting game gamble is hard. Wish it were seamless than. But I understand high fraud precautions. Just felt the CO was very judgemental and discriminatory with her choice in phrases towards my partner. 

I overstand! the CO can be very mean and judgemental, but try not to worry we were on Adminstrative processing for 3 wks before we got a decision it was a rollercoaster of emotions.  They finally did issue him his visa after 3 wks they took his passport.  As long as they took his passport that's a good sign

Timeline
3 hours ago, Marshae04 said:

I overstand! the CO can be very mean and judgemental, but try not to worry we were on Adminstrative processing for 3 wks before we got a decision it was a rollercoaster of emotions.  They finally did issue him his visa after 3 wks they took his passport.  As long as they took his passport that's a good sign

They didn't take it. He was asked to include the additional information and drop off passport and that information to DHL. Definitely a rollercoaster. I'm not looking forward to this part. It's part of the process. Glad your husband is with you. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, kcpaty said:

They didn't take it. He was asked to include the additional information and drop off passport and that information to DHL. Definitely a rollercoaster. I'm not looking forward to this part. It's part of the process. Glad your husband is with you. 

All he has to do is follow the instructions they gave him along with his passport and drop it off. I know It’s discouraging and frustrating because you waited so long and still don’t have an exact answer or visa. Just try and calm down and submit everything they asked him to bring back. If you don’t mind me asking what we’re the items he had to bring back? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Marshae04 said:

All he has to do is follow the instructions they gave him along with his passport and drop it off. I know It’s discouraging and frustrating because you waited so long and still don’t have an exact answer or visa. Just try and calm down and submit everything they asked him to bring back. If you don’t mind me asking what we’re the items he had to bring back? 

He was asked if I only had 1 job. His answer was I also had a hobby business which is not making any money since I opened the shop. So they requested evidence of income for that and sent him away. That's all and his passport was checked off on the sheet they gave him. Everything was sent.

Timeline
1 minute ago, kcpaty said:

He was asked if I only had 1 job. His answer was I also had a hobby business which is not making any money since I opened the shop. So they requested evidence of income for that and sent him away. That's all and his passport was checked off on the sheet they gave him. Everything was sent.

Lord! That was a trick question he should’ve never said that smh he should’ve said no. They do anything to prolong the process. If the income wasn’t already documented then he should’ve just said no. Now they might asked for the IRS returns etc and if you didn’t report it then it’s ever more issues. God! I really Wish he said no. But they throw in trick questions they did my husband like that. Kept asking him dumb questions that didn’t make sense and trying to put words in his mouth. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.