mistos

CEAC status shows READY

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I check my K1 visa status on the CEAC website, and it now shows READY. The website says I will receive a letter from the embassy, but I am still waiting to receive it. Please, what should I do next? Should I wait for the letter, or can I fill out the DS 160 form, book an interview appointment and book for medicals?

Please advise, as I need clarification.

Thank you in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We were in the same boat a month ago. We decided to fill out the DS-160, pay our MRV fee & complete the medical right away. We even took the first available interview appointment as well (June 8th). We just got our letter from the embassy via email yesterday. That was roughly 2 weeks after our case was in Ready status on the CEAC website. 

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kawika said:

We were in the same boat a month ago. We decided to fill out the DS-160, pay our MRV fee & complete the medical right away. We even took the first available interview appointment as well (June 8th). We just got our letter from the embassy via email yesterday. That was roughly 2 weeks after our case was in Ready status on the CEAC website. 

oh wow! Thanks for sharing. In the email sent to you, were you asked to send some documents to the embassy? or what was the content of the email? I read that some embassies usually request that some documents be sent to them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The email from the embassy was basically a form style letter just letting us know that they received our case & that we were eligible to sign up for our interview. It also listed all of the steps required to be ready for the interview as well. They didn't request us to send any documents to them, but I assume that most embassies have a list of documents that they want on their website or you can simply use the generic list available on the US Travel Docs website. If I recall correctly, we were not allowed to schedule our interview on the website without completing the DS-160 & paying for our MRV fee. Once we completed those two steps, the website allowed us to schedule our interview date. After we did that, we were initially going to schedule our medical exam two weeks prior to our scheduled interview (as typically suggested)  but we noticed that earlier appointments would occasionally pop up when people canceled or rescheduled their interviews so we thought it was best to get our medical exam done immediately. This would allow us to grab any earlier appointments before our scheduled one. Keep in mind that the medical exam is only valid for 6 months, so make sure that when you do get it that there is a good chance that you'll be able to travel to the US before that 6 months is up. Also keep in mind that we are going through the US embassy in the Philippines. I am not sure if your country is handled exactly the same or not.

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Timeline
17 hours ago, Kawika said:

The email from the embassy was basically a form style letter just letting us know that they received our case & that we were eligible to sign up for our interview. It also listed all of the steps required to be ready for the interview as well. They didn't request us to send any documents to them, but I assume that most embassies have a list of documents that they want on their website or you can simply use the generic list available on the US Travel Docs website. If I recall correctly, we were not allowed to schedule our interview on the website without completing the DS-160 & paying for our MRV fee. Once we completed those two steps, the website allowed us to schedule our interview date. After we did that, we were initially going to schedule our medical exam two weeks prior to our scheduled interview (as typically suggested)  but we noticed that earlier appointments would occasionally pop up when people canceled or rescheduled their interviews so we thought it was best to get our medical exam done immediately. This would allow us to grab any earlier appointments before our scheduled one. Keep in mind that the medical exam is only valid for 6 months, so make sure that when you do get it that there is a good chance that you'll be able to travel to the US before that 6 months is up. Also keep in mind that we are going through the US embassy in the Philippines. I am not sure if your country is handled exactly the same or not.

Wow! Thank you for this detailed information and for being helpful. I really really do appreciate this! Thanks so so much. You right, it may be handled differently per country. 

Timeline

Can anyone who applied from Germany please tell me if the content of their letter says they should send some documents before the interview? or what was the content of the letter? and how long did it take to get the letter from when CEAC status shows READY? Please, i will really appreciate the response. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/3/2023 at 10:18 AM, Kawika said:

Can I ask how you took your medical exam without the letter from the Embassy? I have seen where the doctors will not schedule an appointment without the letter from the Embassy. Thanks

Timeline
On 4/7/2023 at 9:14 PM, Biliz said:

Can I ask how you took your medical exam without the letter from the Embassy? I have seen where the doctors will not schedule an appointment without the letter from the Embassy. Thanks

I have noticed that you and I have similar timelines and from the same embassy. Any news? I am still waiting for NVC to send to consulate. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ginna Jaramillo said:

I have noticed that you and I have similar timelines and from the same embassy. Any news? I am still waiting for NVC to send to consulate. 

I dont think so. you are applying from another country which is different from mine. Response depends per country. 

Timeline

We finally got our numbers from NVC 50 plus days after the NOA2. I inquired through Ask NVC 5 times in 4 weeks. I was told the last time that the case is in route to the Embassy but in checking the case is still waiting at NVC. We have yet to get the welcome letter from the NVC. USCIS are in a  confused state and have no idea of what they are doing.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Biliz said:

We finally got our numbers from NVC 50 plus days after the NOA2. I inquired through Ask NVC 5 times in 4 weeks. I was told the last time that the case is in route to the Embassy but in checking the case is still waiting at NVC. We have yet to get the welcome letter from the NVC. USCIS are in a  confused state and have no idea of what they are doing.

For my understading the welcome letter will come from embassy not NVC (keep in mind welcome letter is the same as the packet with instructions of the list of documents you need to take on interview). K1 works differently, once it shows ready at NVC you can schedule an appt. with embassy with out having to get the welcome letter. 

We are in the same boat. I got my case number on March 7 from NVC and still it shows at NVC. last time I sent an inquiry for update they said that they will let me know when it is sent to consulate. Hoping to hear something soon, it can get very frustrated. Wishing you the best of luck. 

Timeline
On 4/10/2023 at 2:06 PM, Ginna Jaramillo said:

For my understading the welcome letter will come from embassy not NVC (keep in mind welcome letter is the same as the packet with instructions of the list of documents you need to take on interview). K1 works differently, once it shows ready at NVC you can schedule an appt. with embassy with out having to get the welcome letter. 

We are in the same boat. I got my case number on March 7 from NVC and still it shows at NVC. last time I sent an inquiry for update they said that they will let me know when it is sent to consulate. Hoping to hear something soon, it can get very frustrated. Wishing you the best of luck. 

I stand corrected. We received a letter from the NVC stating that our case has been sent to the consulate. After checking I can see on the NVC site that it is in transit. I think the NVC are sending out confusing messages. Received NOA2 on 1/30/23 Sent many Ask NVC inquires. March 28th received a number BGT2023#######. You need another number from them to track your case. Sent another inquiry on 3/28/23 on 4/3/23 they sent us 2 more numbers which let us track the case. On 4/11/23 received letter that our case was in  transit to Embassy.

• 10 months later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:18 PM, Kawika &amp; Michelle said:

Ours shows ready also. How do we pay MRV fee without the letter? We filled out the DS160. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.