RedaAd

K1 Interview, is it okay to take my American fiance with me ?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
22 hours ago, RedaAd said:

Here is the situation: My fiance an American lady, we have been able to meet one time last year and we applied for K1 and since we are afraid that we didn't front load the i129f application with enough proof it might get rejected

(my husband is from Mohammedia too). A K1 is hard call in Morocco - it can either go fine, or not go well at all. USCIS does not post statistics on how many visas are not approved, but very few K1s are issued. We had an unapproved K1 years ago. Another frustrating thing that most people encounter is that there is NO requirement - NONE! - for them to look at ANYTHING you bring to the interview. So even if your fiance had been with you for a year, it could still be denied because you submitted after 1 visit. Getting married in Mohammedia isnt that awful - we did it in 5 days after our K1 disaster, and my husband has been in the US over 4 years now. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
30 minutes ago, h02ejmajja said:

(my husband is from Mohammedia too). A K1 is hard call in Morocco - it can either go fine, or not go well at all. USCIS does not post statistics on how many visas are not approved, but very few K1s are issued. We had an unapproved K1 years ago. Another frustrating thing that most people encounter is that there is NO requirement - NONE! - for them to look at ANYTHING you bring to the interview. So even if your fiance had been with you for a year, it could still be denied because you submitted after 1 visit. Getting married in Mohammedia isnt that awful - we did it in 5 days after our K1 disaster, and my husband has been in the US over 4 years now. 

Thanks about this suggestion, but we really have no choice except waiting and see how this might go.

Was your spouse working at that time and is he having a good education level and did he have any passport stamps to other countries etc or anything that would remove suspicion that he is not after GC ?

Timeline
42 minutes ago, h02ejmajja said:

Also how was his English level at that time ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
40 minutes ago, h02ejmajja said:

wonder how u did this in 5 dayso

going to casa embassy 

getting all documents translated to arabic

going to Rabat to office of foreign minister

and then to home city to meet with police and  judge?

did u send any documents ahead so the translations could be done before u got there?

we spent 4 days jjust to get to the judge who traveled from city to city 

and after finally getting him,  we waited 2 weeks for  Rabat to approve the marriage certificate for us to appear and sign

Timeline
7 minutes ago, RedaAd said:

Thanks about this suggestion, but we really have no choice except waiting and see how this might go.

Was your spouse working at that time and is he having a good education level and did he have any passport stamps to other countries etc or anything that would remove suspicion that he is not after GC ?

It would very help me to learn from your experience, what happened at the interview day and did you have proper evidence ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, RedaAd said:

It would very help me to learn from your experience, what happened at the interview day and did you have proper evidence ?

His English was very good, he had a low paying job and no travel history.  I will send you a list of questions they asked him if you msg me

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/3/2023 at 5:40 PM, RedaAd said:

We had our k1 interview today. Only 2 visits, one was 2 weeks and one was 2 months. That wasnt a problem. The officer took the time to look at our new photos together from our most recent trip to DR. She cannot go inside with you but you can mention she is outside waiting. Feel free to read my consulate review on my immigration timeline on my profile. 

also we had an engagement party with a nice takchita and everything. It wasnt even talked about. All you can do is go in there with confidence and present your relationship. Also, if a denial would end your relationship you might want to consider how strong/real it really is.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband is 19 years younger than I am.  We did the K1.  He was a school teacher in Morocco for four years.  I am also a teacher and I have two kids from a previous relationship. He has a couple of Bachelors Degrees from Morocco. His English was pretty good. At the time I sponsored him, we had known each other 2 years and I visited Morocco twice - once at Spring break, and once for a few months in the summer. His parents did not approve of us, which is why when we tried to get married in Morocco, it didn't work, as his dad took the family book. The consulate did ask about this. He told them the truth. I have never met his family. We only had some pictures of the two of us. It took about a year to get his visa.  He had no problems at the interview - you could tell they already approved him while they were asking him questions. He has now been here for 11 years and has his US Citizenship.

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.