JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Robert Frasher said:

Good Morning,

My fiance had the interview in Buenos Aires and was approved.  She should get here in the next 4 weeks or so.  First week of September.

Yahoo! Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/8/2023 at 2:29 PM, Deekol said:

You had PCC well before this Biometric and interview schedule or got it after getting an appointment?

Deekol,

Please fill out your timeline. You haven't created a timeline yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to share that I’ve booked an interview for next Thursday, August 18th! The Montreal embassy didn’t have any appointment dates open up for a month and the waiting was agony! My NOA1 was Feb 7, 2022 and NOA2 was April 4, 2023. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
On 8/12/2023 at 8:40 AM, mbodwams said:

I just wanted to share that I’ve booked an interview for next Thursday, August 18th! The Montreal embassy didn’t have any appointment dates open up for a month and the waiting was agony! My NOA1 was Feb 7, 2022 and NOA2 was April 4, 2023. 

Great to hear, good luck!

Since I have filled out DS-160 last week, and our case has been ready since August 3rd, I haven't heard anything from my embassy. Today I sent them an email asking if I will be contacted and if they had time to process my case and I got this response:

"As soon as this office receives your approved petition from the National Visa Center, we will contact you with detailed instruction on how to prepare for the interview. Thank you for submitting your DS-160."

CEAC states that status is: "READY" and was sent on August 1st, was in transit till August 3rd when the status was changed to "READY". I don't know what to do...

Timeline
On 8/12/2023 at 2:40 AM, mbodwams said:

Congrats! We're also coming from Montreal embassy, and just received NVC Case Number. Any advice on how you got such an early appointment?

Also Just FYI, Friday is August 18th. Don't miss your interview!

Timeline
8 hours ago, jflashman said:

Congrats! We're also coming from Montreal embassy, and just received NVC Case Number. Any advice on how you got such an early appointment?

Also Just FYI, Friday is August 18th. Don't miss your interview!

Ahaha thank you! I meant to type Thursday August 17th. I’m actually on my way to the airport right now!

My #1 piece of advice would be to join the Montreal K1 Visa group on FB if you haven’t already. I don’t know how I would have booked an appointment without their help. The embassy only opens up a couple of days at a time and the time slots fill up very quickly. People in that group post when appointments open up so it’s a less stressful experience. Good luck!

Edited by mbodwams
Didn’t save the first time

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 8/6/2023 at 10:03 PM, Rocketman50 said:

ed was a welcome letter (email). Then I followed the instructions on the Mumbai embassy website for K1 visa. Booked my biometric and interview appointments. I then used the con

Hi,

Yes you can use the same one as long as it was taken within 6 months, I believe 

Timeline
On 8/6/2023 at 2:03 PM, Rocketman50 said:

No. All I received was a welcome letter (email). Then I followed the instructions on the Mumbai embassy website for K1 visa. Booked my biometric and interview appointments. I then used the confirmation email of those appointments and the welcome letter email to book medical at the Delhi hospital that they listed. I received nothing else from the embassy. You should just go to the hospital and try and book it there. The person on the phone appears to be confused by the different visa types and requirements.

This is really good to know that we can get medical done in Delhi even though K1 interview is in Mumbai. 

Timeline
On 8/5/2023 at 2:43 AM, Hiteshk1 said:

I contacted the medical place again and they declined to schedule an appointment until I can give them instruction letter from Mumbai Consulate (packet 4 instructions) which I do not have.

Do you have any email from Mumbai consulate when your case was set to “Ready” by them? 

From https://releclinic.com/us_Visa.html, seems a “letter” recommending a medical is needed. This is also stated in their appointment booking website page. 
The exact text:

In case of Non Immigrant Visas a letter from the consulate recommending the medical, will be required to start the medical (these medicals are not currently processed electronically). These candidates will not have a DS 260 confirmation receipt.”

With ReleClinic, could you submit your welcome email and pdf of the https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/immigrant-visa#kvisa that clearly states that a medical is needed for K1 visa? OR try Delhi for medical. 

Good luck! I hope this works for you and please let us know what works out in the end. I fear I will be next in a month. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/15/2023 at 10:38 AM, Darko-Emily said:

Great to hear, good luck!

Since I have filled out DS-160 last week, and our case has been ready since August 3rd, I haven't heard anything from my embassy. Today I sent them an email asking if I will be contacted and if they had time to process my case and I got this response:

"As soon as this office receives your approved petition from the National Visa Center, we will contact you with detailed instruction on how to prepare for the interview. Thank you for submitting your DS-160."

CEAC states that status is: "READY" and was sent on August 1st, was in transit till August 3rd when the status was changed to "READY". I don't know what to do...

We're in a similar boat at our embassy. Status has been Ready for over a month and a week and still no letter to let us know we can schedule the interview. Hard to not get anxious waiting so long when we're so close to the finish line. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, chelzbellz said:

We're in a similar boat at our embassy. Status has been Ready for over a month and a week and still no letter to let us know we can schedule the interview. Hard to not get anxious waiting so long when we're so close to the finish line. :(

Try to see what other people do in Mexico. Sometimes following official information and procedures only cost you time.
This is what I got from the embassy's website: https://mx.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-visas/f-apply-step3/ - You schedule it yourself online.

What we do in Brazil is just go ahead with the DS-160 and interview scheduling on AIS (Mexico uses the same system). We schedule it a month or so ahead so we have time to receive official consulate communication before the interview, but we do it before getting the email from them. Or else we'd be wasting time and losing interview dates.

I mean, no way for them to know the beneficiary email to be fair to email them because it's not on I-129F. If you have a lawyer, the email may be on G-28 though. I got my welcome letter 6 days after my case was ready but it was because of the lawyer's G-28 form and my email was on it. Other people that didn't use a lawyer got the email about 15-20 days later, and my guess is that the embassy gets this email from DS-160 (which is a failure because "fill and submit DS-160" is the first step on the email they send us).

But don't take my word on it, some embassies are stricter and will cancel interviews if you don't wait. That's why I'd say to get in touch and research what other people in Mexico are doing.

Edited by Bh_sarah

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.