JojoandTomas

APRIL 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

370 posts in this topic

@Shane-Debby 

NOA1: FEB 18, 2022

NOA2: APR 17, 2023

In Transit to Buenos Aires, Argentina and K1-FTP Email: July 18, 2023

So it sounds like I will likely submit the regular I-134 instead of the I-134A even though she is from Venezuela?  (Or i could do either one?)  Not sure if it really matters.  I think I should maybe wait until Aug 1 since the expiration is 07/31 on the I-134.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Robert Frasher Sorry Robert work has me tied up. Most days i have plenty of time for visa journey stuff. Lets see if if we can find out for sure which one you need to use because it could cause delays and hassle if you use the wrong one. Ill bet Sarah knows. She is the Visa oracle :) im sure she will be chiming in soon. As for the expiring I-134, ive been told that the gov will still accept it after expiration. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So we got an email from NVC saying that it's been sent to the consulate. Who does the consulate contact? Email/letter? I believe they have a previous address on file so I'm hoping email. Also will the consulate give me my invoice number for DS160 or do I need to do public inquiry through NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Shane-Debby said:

Ill bet Sarah knows. She is the Visa oracle :)

Hahaha that's a new one! Made me laugh here! But I'm just learning as we go, like all of us! 

So, let's see if I can help.

2 hours ago, Robert Frasher said:

So it sounds like I will likely submit the regular I-134 instead of the I-134A even though she is from Venezuela?  (Or i could do either one?)  Not sure if it really matters.  I think I should maybe wait until Aug 1 since the expiration is 07/31 on the I-134.

You have to file I-134. That's the requirement for K1 and it's what is written on Buenos Aires' Package 3. I heard about I-134 but that's an humanitarian form I think completely unrelated to K1 process. So stick with I-134 I'd say. 

The expiration date seems to be an internal date for USCIS to review the form (and hell yeah, they need to review the form when there are two fields connected that should not be connected – pay attention to petitioner's name and beneficiary's name on Part 2 and 3). So it means that if you're using the one available online for your interview, meaning that USCIS has not uploaded a new one yet, then it's just fine to use the expired one.

The form expired in 2021 and 2018 as well and USCIS didn't instantly uploaded a new one and people used the expired form with no issues.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TheGreatHB said:

So we got an email from NVC saying that it's been sent to the consulate. Who does the consulate contact? Email/letter? I believe they have a previous address on file so I'm hoping email. Also will the consulate give me my invoice number for DS160 or do I need to do public inquiry through NVC?

Should be the beneficiary as far as I know. Every embassy is different but most are through email (I am not sure about UK, but I'd say it's all e-mail).

You don't need an invoice number at all, either to track your case or to fill DS-160 (you don't need a CEAC account).

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We got a case number today (7/18)! Finally 😆 It took 90days (NOA2 on 4/18).  But it doesn’t have my daughter’s name on it and the hospital says they won’t be able to take a reservation for medical examination.  Is my daughter getting her own case number??? 

@Bh_sarah My fiance now has a question.  She knows that she will need to get translated and notarized:

1. Police Records from Venezuela

2. Police Record from Argentina

3. Birth Certificate (Venezuela)

Will she also need to translate the:

Venezuela stamp that legalized her birth certificate?  (I am not sure what the name of it is in English.  She wrote me this: "certificado de nacimiento con la legalizacion y apostilla venezolana"

Edited by Robert Frasher

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Robert Frasher said:

@Bh_sarah My fiance now has a question.  She know she will need to get translated and notarized:

1. Police Records from Venezuela

2. Police Record from Argentina

3. Birth Certificate (Venezuela)

Will she also need to translate the:

Venezuela stamp that legalized her birth certificate?  (I am not sure what the name of it is in English.  She wrote me this: "certificado de nacimiento con la legalizacion y apostilla venezolana"

Every embassy unfortunately requests different things. I would guess that, since her interview is in Buenos Aires, that they will accept documents in Spanish. No need to translate it. She will need the BC translated to English though during AOS, but I don't believe it needs to be a notarized version at all.

Ok, I went to the embassy link I sent you previously (you're lucky Buenos Aires provides so much info beforehand lol). They say:

14. TRANSLATIONS: All documents not in English or Spanish must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Translations done in the US must be certified by a competent translator and sworn to before a Notary Public. In Argentina, it must be done by a Sworn English Translator registered at the School of Translators, and the translation must be notarized by the School of Translators.

I would say she is fine not translating and not notarizing anything if everything she has is in English or Spanish. Unless there are major differences between the Spanish language used in both countries (my limit knowledge says that there isn't). If you're still in doubt, usually embassies are quick to answer through email!

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

After inquiring weekly, we just got our case number from NVC inquiry 3 days ago (NOA2 4/20), now it's already at the Embassy with a status of Ready, so guess we just wait for the packet now. It's all finally happening! and fast!

Edited by chelzbellz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, chelzbellz said:

After inquiring weekly, we just got our case number from NVC inquiry 3 days ago, now it's already at the Embassy with a status of Ready, so guess we just wait for the packet now. It's all finally happening! and fast!

congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.