Zen77

Chances of getting a k1 fiance visa after only one meeting in person

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
36 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

and talking online,  texting, phone calls are small part of courting but if it was the biggest part , then i am courting over 200 on Facebook ,  what's app,  etc

And VJ

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Zen77 said:

Or is it enough to meet one time, we don't wanna waste more time planning more trips and going back and forth we both already decided we should get together.

Because you already decided to get together, you don't want to waste time to get together.   Interesting logic.

1 hour ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Because you already decided to get together, you don't want to waste time to get together.   Interesting logic.

Yeah this is an odd comment to make… spending time, with your fiance, the one you love, should never be labelled as “a waste of time”

3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

It's worded badly, I took it to mean that the OP and her fiance have decided that they want to marry so don't want to "waste time" not submitting the i129 and want to submit ASAP.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jp1000 said:

It's worded badly, I took it to mean that the OP and her fiance have decided that they want to marry so don't want to "waste time" not submitting the i129 and want to submit ASAP.

Marrying asap and going that route would certainly be advantageous.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, jp1000 said:

he says his fiance and they don't want to meet again to file I 129

they would have to meet to marry and file I 130

9 hours ago, DarkBlood999 said:

It's interesting me how it can be so different depending on the place.

Yup.  Just like how the chances of getting nonimmigrant visas is very much country-dependent.

12 hours ago, Zen77 said:

now we're hearing a few opinions here and there that says it might not be enough and we should meet more times

especially dealing with the US embassy Tunis

even professional ones saying they could be "scrutinizing" with our case

Absolutely correct.  Tunisia is a high-fraud country, and you stand a high chance of denial.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My 2 cents...

Before filing our I-129F, my fiancee and I met only once (for 42 days), have a 20+ year gap, and showed a relationship for six months prior to the physical meeting.

We received NOA2 last month after waiting 400+ days.

I have visited her another five times and and we have accrued substantial additional relationship evidence.

We also submitted letters of relationship support from both families with the I-129F.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Best of luck.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

My 2 cents...

Before filing our I-129F, my fiancee and I met only once (for 42 days), have a 20+ year gap, and showed a relationship for six months prior to the physical meeting.

I have visited her another five times and and we have accrued substantial additional relationship evidence.

We also submitted letters of relationship support from both families with the I-129F.

Best of luck.

Somewhat different situation

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

My 2 cents...

Best of luck.

Philippines.  A K1 there can get approve with 1 month of meeting online and saying hello to each other at the airport and shaking hands/hugging.

Similar for Ukraine as well.  For both, there's probably a negative percentage chance for a single woman or man to get a B2 visa to the US,  but K1's and CR1/IR1's get approved just by showing up on time to the interview.

2 hours ago, Kurt and Kristina said:

My 2 cents...

Best of luck.

Totally irrelevant.

Even with one meeting, the OP will have the petition approved.  The bar for that is very, very low.  The issue is visa approval by the consulate, which you obviously have not experienced yet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

No one here would say realionship is not real or that the embassy would or would not approve it (not for certain) but we look at what happens with high fraud countries like yours and mine

USCIS acutallly puts out stats on this and from the site

# 5 reason for denial

5.  a short courting period before the filing of the K-1 petition (e.g., mail order brides, spur-of-the-moment proposals after a first visit)

https://visarefusal.com/inadmissibility/k-1-visa-

refusals/#:~:text=According%20to%20those%20statistics%2C%20approximately,initial%20denial%2C%20some%20do%20not.

This link is not a USCIS site that reports factual statistics - it's a private attorney's webpage who wants you to hire them 

USCIS puts out statistics of approved visa issuances only - not how many are refused from each country. 

22 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yes you should worry.

Why aren’t you continuing to meet?

We want to continue to meet, but why not just move together  already if possible through the k1 visa, that's why I'm asking this, 

and what if we meet again for few days and it's still not enough, is it even worth it in terms of visa approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.