snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

790 posts in this topic

Had my interview last Friday. The process was very straightforward, just some admin questions then what is your area of expertise. They informed me they had run out of my visa category for the year (EB1), so I just need to send my passport back to the embassy for October 1st and they will issue it then.

Good luck to everyone! 

13th May - DQ

29th July - IL

6th September - Interview

On 8/28/2024 at 5:54 PM, sophie22 said:

Congrats!! 

Actually, I later discussed this with other people; someone pointed to me that DOS allocates a visa number when they schedule an appointment. 

"Visa numbers are always allotted for all documentarily qualified applicants with a priority date before the relevant cut-off date, as long as the case had been reported to VO in time to be included in the monthly calculation of visa availability."

(Last paragraph in page 2 of this document: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Immigrant Visa Control System_operation of.pdf)

So I guess people who are included in the "monthly calculation of visa availability" actually already have a visa number allocated. And since the monthly calculation happens at the beginning of a month. (On the visa bulletin of September, one can find that the date was August 2nd). In the rare situation where the visa is eventually refused, this visa number will be returned to the pool. Otherwise, I think people with interviews scheduled in September should have their visas issued as usual. 

Hi all, a bit of expert advice/ guidance needed here.

I had my EB2-NIW interview on the 04 Sept in London, but I was put under AP (they asked for my CV for some reason, I know strange....)

I have been living in the UK for over 8 years, originally from south america.

Since my visa has not been granted and EB2 has reached its limit (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/annual-limit-reached-in-the-EB-2-category.html) does that mean it cannot be issued until October?

Can the gurus shed a light please @appleblossom 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I had my interview today, visa officer mentioned it is approved. But after getting back home seeing the ceac status as 'administrative processing'. Also, got to see the limit reach of EB2 category. Getting tensed now. Will I get the visa printed this month? Visa did not mention me anything about limit reach.

2 minutes ago, chy8 said:

I had my interview today, visa officer mentioned it is approved. But after getting back home seeing the ceac status as 'administrative processing'. Also, got to see the limit reach of EB2 category. Getting tensed now. Will I get the visa printed this month? Visa did not mention me anything about limit reach.

I think this is usually what happens, you should be fine and your visa should be with you soon

26 minutes ago, dabursot2 said:

I think this is usually what happens, you should be fine and your visa should be with you soon

I think administrative processing and the issue of the visa limit being reached are two separate things. Did they give you a green sheet with info on it?

Edited by Lan22

Just now, Lan22 said:

I don't know if the limit has been reached on EB2 but it was on EB1. So they told me to keep passport and send it back in before October 1.

It has been reached, see below

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/annual-limit-reached-in-the-EB-2-category.html

For all EB categories as of now

1 hour ago, dabursot2 said:

They did for me yes, asking for my CV and stating I was provided with a 221g

CV is fairly standard for certain occupations, either your job is on the TAL list, or they suspect a previous one is.

Unfortunately if you're in extended AP due to your job and/or your country of origin, it's likely to take longer anyway so I wouldn't worry about the quota being reached for now. 

Best of luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

2 hours ago, chy8 said:

Everybody is put in to Admin Processing. But for most it's a very quick process of final checks (my status was only AP for a couple of hours before it changed), and nothing to worry about. Yours may stay as AP until the end of the month, as there is no visa available to you anyway, the next status would normally be 'approved' and 'issued', but neither of those are possible at the moment. 

Good luck. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Everybody is put in to Admin Processing. But for most it's a very quick process of final checks (my status was only AP for a couple of hours before it changed), and nothing to worry about. Yours may stay as AP until the end of the month, as there is no visa available to you anyway, the next status would normally be 'approved' and 'issued', but neither of those are possible at the moment. 

Good luck. 

In my case, Officer did not say Approved or not but she kept passport and said that you will receive the email soon. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Wouldn't they have informed us if they planned to keep our passports until October 1st? On September 6th, after our interview in London, they told us that our green card  was approved and that we would receive our passports back within 1-2 weeks @appleblossom.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.