snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

784 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NiJOS7 said:

My passport expires on March 17, 2025, and I applied for a new one because it should be valid for more than six months if I want to travel. I will get the new one before September. Is it okay if I use the new passport for my visa interview? Of course, I will carry my old one, which I uploaded before DQ. Please share your inputs if you have done so. Thanks.

Absolutely fine - 3 of us had new passports by the time of our interview, wasn't an issue at all. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline

For the EB1A Visa interview:

Has anyone faced questions related to financial support? For example, how you will support yourself when you enter the US?

Additionally, have there been any questions about employment? I don't have a job offer at the moment.

1 hour ago, NiJOS7 said:

Has anyone faced questions related to financial support? For example, how you will support yourself when you enter the US?

Additionally, have there been any questions about employment? I don't have a job offer at the moment.

For EB1-A, you don't need a job and if the CO asks, you let them know you plan to start applying/working your network upon arrival in the U.S.  It is best to go with a statement of your account in the unlikely event they ask how you will support yourself while looking for a job / setting up your company. 

1 hour ago, NiJOS7 said:

I was asked about employment, but I did have a job offer. It's not needed for EB1A though. 

I would take proof of funds with you just in case. I don't know about Luxembourg but it's far more expensive here than the UK, so bring plenty of cash whatever you do! 

Hello everyone,

Quick question for those who have received their IV and have immigrated to the US already, please, once invitation letter is received and medical examination appointment is booked, anything else to do after medicals and before interview?

I saw online somewhere that you must confirm your appointment date online and while you are confirming your appointment online, you will be asked to register with the Embassy's contracted courier service for the return of your documents if your application is successful. Is this true? This is not stated on my IL. Or is this arrangement for return of passport/doc made during the interview?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Ceycey said:

Hi everyone, I am an EB1A applicant at Ankara with DQ 08.2023. I have been current from the first day, although people with DQ 03.2024 got IL at Ankara, I have been still waiting. I think, they skipped my case. is it normal? Is there anything to do?

Email both the NVC and the consulate, highlighting this and confirm there are no issues. I'd email at least twice monthly until they respond and clarify what's going on.

8 hours ago, DDON said:

Hello everyone,

Quick question for those who have received their IV and have immigrated to the US already, please, once invitation letter is received and medical examination appointment is booked, anything else to do after medicals and before interview?

I saw online somewhere that you must confirm your appointment date online and while you are confirming your appointment online, you will be asked to register with the Embassy's contracted courier service for the return of your documents if your application is successful. Is this true? This is not stated on my IL. Or is this arrangement for return of passport/doc made during the interview?

Thanks.

Yes, you need to do this and create an account using the same email you used for your DS260/NVC registration. If you are in London, you can do this here: http://ais.usvisa-info.com

22 hours ago, DDON said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Yes, you do need to do this. You need to follow the usual DoS website - see step no. 2 on the step by step instructions on this page, then click on London to see the consulate specific requirements. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Good luck. 

15 hours ago, HillB said:

Email both the NVC and the consulate, highlighting this and confirm there are no issues. I'd email at least twice monthly until they respond and clarify what's going on.

I have sent an E-mail but most probably I will get a coppy - paced answer. thank you for your reply. 

13 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, you do need to do this. You need to follow the usual DoS website - see step no. 2 on the step by step instructions on this page, then click on London to see the consulate specific requirements. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Good luck. 

Thank you @appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.