snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

784 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, dabursot2 said:

Don't be discouraged by this, mine still says at NVC and I got my IL this morning.

I'm not too worried about the at NVC thing just now, more worried about the fact you all received your iL at 6am this morning and I didn't.

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

They are expensive but a drop in the ocean when it comes to the cost of immigrating - as somebody that moved a year ago (almost to the day, it was our ‘Americaversary’ yesterday), my top tip would be to bring much more money than you think you’ll need. Cost of living here is insane, most things are 3 times as expensive as the UK, then add in healthcare premiums if you have to pay them yourself ($2k ish a month for a family) and it’s a pricey place to be. Admittedly I’m in Boston so a very expensive area (recent study says salary of $320k a year needed for a family of four to ‘live comfortably’ here, which I’d say is actually a bit low! https://smartasset.com/data-studies/salary-needed-live-comfortably-2024), but still bring plenty of savings wherever you’re going, even if you have a job to go to. 

Ok, was just checking you didn’t come under another country for your PD. Hopefully it will turn up today then. 

Good luck all. 

Thanks @appleblossom, wow, I keep hearing about insane cost of living, your top tip appreciated, Boston and California and New York very expensive. Did you have a job waiting for you before you got there. Congrats on your ‘Americaversary’ yesterday.

Just now, DDON said:

Thanks @appleblossom, wow, I keep hearing about insane cost of living, your top tip appreciated, Boston and California and New York very expensive. Did you have a job waiting for you before you got there. Congrats on your ‘Americaversary’ yesterday.

Yes, I did, and I'm on an expat assignment so get housing, car, school fees etc paid for. Even so it's crazy expensive, so just bring plenty of cash to set yourselves up and live ok. 

Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, I did, and I'm on an expat assignment so get housing, car, school fees etc paid for. Even so it's crazy expensive, so just bring plenty of cash to set yourselves up and live ok. 

Good luck. 

@appleblossomperfect, thanks so much. I’ll prep to go with plenty cash. I was on expat assignment in the US over 15 years ago and was on vacay in Miami last year and could tell a lot has changed, so so expensive. 

for all going for Medicals and interviews in London in Aug and Sep and beyond, pls keep updating us with your experience, very helpful.

Just now, DDON said:

@appleblossomperfect, thanks so much. I’ll prep to go with plenty cash. I was on expat assignment in the US over 15 years ago and was on vacay in Miami last year and could tell a lot has changed, so so expensive. 

for all going for Medicals and interviews in London in Aug and Sep and beyond, pls keep updating us with your experience, very helpful.

Good luck with it all, it will be fine I'm sure. The medical and interview were super easy and far less stressful than I expected! Hopefully it will be the same for you. 

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

And what does it say on the page above? 

I don't understand the question. When I log on to CEAC all it says above NVC in blue is my case number and the State Department.

12 minutes ago, PACMAN82 said:

I don't understand the question. When I log on to CEAC all it says above NVC in blue is my case number and the State Department.

Not the CEAC site - the one I linked to above. What does that say? 

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Not the CEAC site - the one I linked to above. What does that say? 

I tried the USCIS site, but it doesn't recognise my case number? Or do I use my USCIS case number for this? 

5 minutes ago, PACMAN82 said:

I tried the USCIS site, but it doesn't recognise my case number? Or do I use my USCIS case number for this? 

Yes, I just wanted to check to see what that says to make sure the two concur. 

3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, I just wanted to check to see what that says to make sure the two concur. 

It says sent to Department of State for visa processing in Jan 2023.

9 minutes ago, PACMAN82 said:

It says sent to Department of State for visa processing in Jan 2023.

OK, fab. Which consulate did you transfer from?  

If you are resident in the UK (and provided evidence of that), your PD is definitely current, etc, then I'd definitely chase it up again with an NVC enquiry. 

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

OK, fab. Which consulate did you transfer from?  

If you are resident in the UK (and provided evidence of that), your PD is definitely current, etc, then I'd definitely chase it up again with an NVC enquiry. 

I transferred from Abu Dhabi as I am working here mostly. I am a UK citizen and resident.

1 minute ago, PACMAN82 said:

I transferred from Abu Dhabi as I am working here mostly. I am a UK citizen and resident.

Being a citizen isn't relevant to your interview location, only residency is. But as long as you provided evidence of that London should have accepted your case and I can't see any reason why you haven't had an IL yet. Do you have citizenship of any other countries?

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.