snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

784 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lan22 said:

I just spoke to them and they said you need a Covid jab in the past 12 months. Regarding polio I had an updated one (went to a clinic where they knew about the requirements and they said I needed one.) obviously everyone’s vaccine history is different but I think polio is worth checking. 

Many thanks @Lan22 for your quick reply, highly appreciated. I’ll be calling to book my appointment. Re the appointment I hope waiting times not up to a month, lol

2 hours ago, PACMAN82 said:

Congrats to all who received ILs. Can I just ask, are all for EB1? I have not received my IL and yet I am DQ April 2023 and case accepted in London on May 13th. I am EB2. Is there any way to check with NVC as I think my case may have been lost or something.

Hopefully it will be with you later today. But just checking, where were you born? 

Congrats to all! Glad to hear IL’s are rolling out. 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, DDON said:

Hi everyone, Just received my IL today - for September 30th, 2024, London-based, DQ was June 17th, 2024. EB1A.

Quick question on Medicals; I’ve had Covid jab 1st in Mar 2021, 2nd covid jab in May 2021, and 3rd Covid jab (booster) in Dec 2021. I’ve been to the US in 2023 on vaca. Do I still need another Covid jab? I plan to ask when booking my Medicals. I also had polio jab many years ago, do I need another one? Please help.

You need to meet the requirements here - https://www.cdc.gov/immigrant-refugee-health/hcp/civil-surgeons/vaccination.html#cdc_generic_section_10-table-1-vaccine-requirements-according-to-applicant-age-for-civil-surgeons

HTH. 

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Hopefully it will be with you later today. But just checking, where were you born? 

Congrats to all! Glad to hear IL’s are rolling out. 👍🏻

I was born in the UK. 

5 minutes ago, DDON said:

Thanks @Lan22, this is perfect, plenty time to sort vacs out before this expensive Medicals.

They are expensive but a drop in the ocean when it comes to the cost of immigrating - as somebody that moved a year ago (almost to the day, it was our ‘Americaversary’ yesterday), my top tip would be to bring much more money than you think you’ll need. Cost of living here is insane, most things are 3 times as expensive as the UK, then add in healthcare premiums if you have to pay them yourself ($2k ish a month for a family) and it’s a pricey place to be. Admittedly I’m in Boston so a very expensive area (recent study says salary of $320k a year needed for a family of four to ‘live comfortably’ here, which I’d say is actually a bit low! https://smartasset.com/data-studies/salary-needed-live-comfortably-2024), but still bring plenty of savings wherever you’re going, even if you have a job to go to. 

2 minutes ago, PACMAN82 said:

I was born in the UK. 

Ok, was just checking you didn’t come under another country for your PD. Hopefully it will turn up today then. 

Good luck all. 

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

They are expensive but a drop in the ocean when it comes to the cost of immigrating - as somebody that moved a year ago (almost to the day, it was our ‘Americaversary’ yesterday), my top tip would be to bring much more money than you think you’ll need. Cost of living here is insane, most things are 3 times as expensive as the UK, then add in healthcare premiums if you have to pay them yourself ($2k ish a month for a family) and it’s a pricey place to be. Admittedly I’m in Boston so a very expensive area (recent study says salary of $320k a year needed for a family of four to ‘live comfortably’ here, which I’d say is actually a bit low! https://smartasset.com/data-studies/salary-needed-live-comfortably-2024), but still bring plenty of savings wherever you’re going, even if you have a job to go to. 

Ok, was just checking you didn’t come under another country for your PD. Hopefully it will turn up today then. 

Good luck all. 

Do the emails come out periodically through the day? My experience of NVC is they send the emails at the same time, usually between 5-6am UK time. I am assuming everyone who received that IL today go their emails at that time. I genuinely think there has been an issue with my Case at NVC as I should have received an IL. My PD has been current since January and people who have been DQd after me and also transferred cases after mine have also been issued an IL. I have not received a 60 day letter either and it has been more than 60 days since they approved my case change so I should have had that in middle of July. Whenever I send an enquiry I just get the same generic copy and paste email.

6 minutes ago, PACMAN82 said:

Do the emails come out periodically through the day? My experience of NVC is they send the emails at the same time, usually between 5-6am UK time. I am assuming everyone who received that IL today go their emails at that time. I genuinely think there has been an issue with my Case at NVC as I should have received an IL. My PD has been current since January and people who have been DQd after me and also transferred cases after mine have also been issued an IL. I have not received a 60 day letter either and it has been more than 60 days since they approved my case change so I should have had that in middle of July. Whenever I send an enquiry I just get the same generic copy and paste email.

Yes, they don't all come at the same time. So you may still get one. 

What does your online status say?

4 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, they don't all come at the same time. So you may still get one. 

What does your online status say?

It still says At NVC.

Just now, dabursot2 said:

Don't be discouraged by this, mine still says at NVC and I got my IL this morning.

On CEAC? Or this page? https://egov.uscis.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.