snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

848 posts in this topic

Just now, appleblossom said:

If it's only turned to 'issued' today then that just means it's been printed and in the passport. It then sits waiting for pick up - ours wasn't picked up the same day it was issued, it was the next day (I guess they have a cut off). Once it's been collected by DX and it's on its way you'll get the info. 

Thank you!! 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
20 hours ago, appleblossom said:

The officer probably assumed you knew. Keep an eye on that status, fingers crossed it changes very soon!

So finally, Online status is updated Ïssued". will i receive email about that?

Hi everyone,

Did you receive an NVC email like this once your PD became current and before the interview letter was scheduled? This is different from the DQ notice that was sent after civil documents were accepted.

"This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since 28-JUN-2024.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview."

1 hour ago, fred234 said:

Hi everyone,

Did you receive an NVC email like this once your PD became current and before the interview letter was scheduled? This is different from the DQ notice that was sent after civil documents were accepted.

"This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since 28-JUN-2024.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 60 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview."

Yes, that's perfectly normal. If you're at a consulate with long waits for an interview you'll get one every 60 days or so. 

5 minutes ago, fred234 said:

@appleblossom Thanks for the response. I guess my question is, is this 60 days recurring email only sent by NVC when the beneficiary's PD is current and eligible for a visa? 

Not necessarily, as PD’s often regress and the email will be sent automatically. 

12 hours ago, DDON said:

Hi all, just to update that I have received my passport this afternoon via DX premium delivery. Interview on Monday 30TH Sept, issued on Wed 2nd Oct, trying to make payments to USCIS now.

Congrats! and all the best for your new journey.

How long from DQ did it take for them to issue you the IL (London)?

14 hours ago, DDON said:

Hi all, just to update that I have received my passport this afternoon via DX premium delivery. Interview on Monday 30TH Sept, issued on Wed 2nd Oct, trying to make payments to USCIS now.

Congrats!

Please do fill in your timeline to help other EB applicants that follow on behind you. @Jumboeggs, ditto!

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Jumboeggs said:

Congrats! and all the best for your new journey.

How long from DQ did it take for them to issue you the IL (London)?

Thanks all.

- EB-1A petition approved 30th March 2024

- I was DQ’ed in May 2024

- Received IL 30th July 2024

- Interview on 30th Sept

- IV issued on 2nd Oct 2024

- Passports received via DX premium delivery on Friday 4th Oct.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DDON said:

Thanks all.

- EB-1A petition approved 30th March 2024

- I was DQ’ed in May 2024

- Received IL 30th July 2024

- Interview on 30th Sept

- IV issued on 2nd Oct 2024

- Passports received via DX premium delivery on Friday 4th Oct.

Many Congratulations. Best wishes for the new journey.  

Timeline

Hello everyone just curious question, how you guys are moving, I mean with or without job? Is there any suggestions if you moved or movingwith job in hand.  I am trying since 1 month by adding US number and address but no response.  Even I am adding that I am permanent residence and does not require sponsorship.  No success. Please give your thoughts.  

5 hours ago, NiJOS7 said:

Hello everyone just curious question, how you guys are moving, I mean with or without job? Is there any suggestions if you moved or movingwith job in hand.  I am trying since 1 month by adding US number and address but no response.  Even I am adding that I am permanent residence and does not require sponsorship.  No success. Please give your thoughts.  

I moved with a job (transfer with current employer) and full expat package. But most US employers won't consider you without you being in the country, even if you do have PR. What do you do and whereabouts are you moving to?

A lot of people have put job hiring on hold until the election, so it may improve after that. 

It's surprised me how expensive life in the US is, so even if you do find a job, bring a lot more savings than you think you'll need!

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.