snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

848 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It's very early days if you only transferred on 6th Sept, particularly as transfers tend to take longer to get IL's. What does your online status say?

Online status only says IL not issued. My question is I don't think transferring is a factor because I have a friend who transferred to London on 26 Aug and received IL few days ago. Another friend who transferred to Singapore on 26 Aug received IL yesterday

39 minutes ago, Lance123 said:

Online status only says IL not issued. My question is I don't think transferring is a factor because I have a friend who transferred to London on 26 Aug and received IL few days ago. Another friend who transferred to Singapore on 26 Aug received IL yesterday

Does it say 'at NVC' or 'In Transit' or 'Ready' though? That tells you where it actually is. 

Is your friend also EB1? Transferring is a factor, you've got to allow time for your file to get from the old consulate and sometimes they're not as quick to send them as they could be!

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Does it say 'at NVC' or 'In Transit' or 'Ready' though? That tells you where it actually is. 

Is your friend also EB1? Transferring is a factor, you've got to allow time for your file to get from the old consulate and sometimes they're not as quick to send them as they could be!

ok let me check the system later.

Yes, they are EB1 as well. They also transferred from Islamabad to London/Singapore

5 hours ago, Lance123 said:

ok let me check the system later.

Yes, they are EB1 as well. They also transferred from Islamabad to London/Singapore

London/Singapore?! Which one? Where do they live? They have to be resident there. 

Just now, NiJOS7 said:

Hello everyone. After entering in US with IV stamp, can we start working next day? Anyone did this already or do we need to wait for physical card and SSN?

Yes, you can. No need to wait, the stamp is proof of your LPR status for a year and you only need the SSN to get paid, not to work. 

But I’d suggest you give yourself at least a week before starting work, to settle in and do all of the things like getting a bank account, driving licence etc. 

Hello everyone, for those (EB1A) waiting for news after 1st Oct, relax, I think you’ll be fine. Attended my appointment on 30th Sept, docs checked ok, interview went well, but I was given a form with refusal (Administrative Procesing) ticked, due to visa availability issues. They held unto my passport, and family’s. The CO, a very nice lady, kindly explained that my visa should be issued after 1st October, and that I should expect my passport (and family’s) within 1-2 weeks. I thanked her, went home with the form, checked online status which showed refused, next day status changed to administrative processing, and today status shows issued. We are waiting for our passports, hopefully should be with us before this Friday since we paid the embass’s courier for premium delivery.

Thanks everyone for all your updates which have been very helpful, and kept us all hopeful and alive throughout the waiting period.

@appleblossom many thanks for your very quick replies to every question, you’re amazing. Happy days ahead. Best wishes.

4 minutes ago, DDON said:

Hello everyone, for those (EB1A) waiting for news after 1st Oct, relax, I think you’ll be fine. Attended my appointment on 30th Sept, docs checked ok, interview went well, but I was given a form with refusal (Administrative Procesing) ticked, due to visa availability issues. They held unto my passport, and family’s. The CO, a very nice lady, kindly explained that my visa should be issued after 1st October, and that I should expect my passport (and family’s) within 1-2 weeks. I thanked her, went home with the form, checked online status which showed refused, next day status changed to administrative processing, and today status shows issued. We are waiting for our passports, hopefully should be with us before this Friday since we paid the embass’s courier for premium delivery.

Thanks everyone for all your updates which have been very helpful, and kept us all hopeful and alive throughout the waiting period.

@appleblossom many thanks for your very quick replies to every question, you’re amazing. Happy days ahead. Best wishes.

Congrats! And no problem at all, it was only last year that I was in the same boat and I remember it well. We got our passports back within 4 days (interview Monday afternoon, passports arrived Thursday morning) so hopefully it's as quick for you.

Best of luck for the move.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
4 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Congrats! And no problem at all, it was only last year that I was in the same boat and I remember it well. We got our passports back within 4 days (interview Monday afternoon, passports arrived Thursday morning) so hopefully it's as quick for you.

Best of luck for the move.

This is excellent. London embassy is better than Brussels embassy indeed. They kept my passport from 6th September no update nothing. I sent email two times and even they did not answer. I dont know what to do.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.