snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

848 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2024 at 5:54 PM, sophie22 said:

Congrats!! 

Actually, I later discussed this with other people; someone pointed to me that DOS allocates a visa number when they schedule an appointment. 

"Visa numbers are always allotted for all documentarily qualified applicants with a priority date before the relevant cut-off date, as long as the case had been reported to VO in time to be included in the monthly calculation of visa availability."

(Last paragraph in page 2 of this document: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Immigrant Visa Control System_operation of.pdf)

So I guess people who are included in the "monthly calculation of visa availability" actually already have a visa number allocated. And since the monthly calculation happens at the beginning of a month. (On the visa bulletin of September, one can find that the date was August 2nd). In the rare situation where the visa is eventually refused, this visa number will be returned to the pool. Otherwise, I think people with interviews scheduled in September should have their visas issued as usual. 

Thanks so much for this Sophie - so helpful!

On 8/31/2024 at 3:50 PM, NiJOS7 said:
Hello everyone. What kind of questions can we expect for EB1A during visa interview? I have mine next week. Many thanks in advance.

At my EB1-A interview on the 22nd, I was only asked one question - Tell me about yourself. Gave her the elevator pitch I have been giving prospective employers in the US and the CO approved my visa. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
2 minutes ago, HillB said:

At my EB1-A interview on the 22nd, I was only asked one question - Tell me about yourself. Gave her the elevator pitch I have been giving prospective employers in the US and the CO approved my visa. 

Wow. Many congratulations.  Can I pm you?

18 minutes ago, HillB said:

That's tougher than mine was - two questions, one was what I was going to do in the US, and the other I don't even remember! I did share my questions and answers somewhere after my interview though. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi! 

I have a question in case someone have been in my same situation and is able to help.

My interview schedule was taking forever (pass 8 months in Madrid, EB2-NIW, current) so I submitted a request to expedite to NVC and was granted for the embassy. I emailed the embassy later to ask If the could let me know how long more or less would it take to received the interview letter. Today I received answer to the email saying that my appointment has been schedule for October 8th and information about where to register the interview and schedule medical but I have not received a document or "interview letter" as such. I understand that since case was expedite is the embassy, not NVC who schedule the interview, but any of you know if in this case of situation should I also received some kind of letter (I mean like pdf or something like that)? or can I move ahead and register and schedule medical just with the info in the email?

Thank you very much in advance!

Edited by PMA1

I have a question, i was approved for EB2NIW. My home country does not process US immigrant visa. So what is the usual protocol here? Do i take a tourist visa and go to the country where they will send my interview as a tourist, have the medicals and the interview, and ship them my passport once i am back in my home country? or do they expect me to live in that new country till they finalize the details and hold my passport?

Edited by Jumboeggs

Just now, Jumboeggs said:

I have a question, i was approved for EB2NIW. My home country does not process US immigrant visa. So what is the usual protocol here? Do i take a tourist visa and go to the country where they will send my interview as a tourist, have the medicals and the interview, and ship them my passport once i am back in my home country? or do they expect me to live in that new country till they finalize the details and hold my passport?

What is your home country? Where are you now?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
23 hours ago, PMA1 said:

Hi! 

I have a question in case someone have been in my same situation and is able to help.

My interview schedule was taking forever (pass 8 months in Madrid, EB2-NIW, current) so I submitted a request to expedite to NVC and was granted for the embassy. I emailed the embassy later to ask If the could let me know how long more or less would it take to received the interview letter. Today I received answer to the email saying that my appointment has been schedule for October 8th and information about where to register the interview and schedule medical but I have not received a document or "interview letter" as such. I understand that since case was expedite is the embassy, not NVC who schedule the interview, but any of you know if in this case of situation should I also received some kind of letter (I mean like pdf or something like that)? or can I move ahead and register and schedule medical just with the info in the email?

Thank you very much in advance!

The email you got is already the "interview letter". If you have any questions, I think it's best to ask the embassy directly.

Edited by sophie22

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
17 hours ago, sophie22 said:

The email you got is already the "interview letter". If you have any questions, I think it's best to ask the embassy directly.

Hi Sophie,

Thank for your answer. Yes, I contacted the embassy about it and they told me I should take the email as oficial notification so really happy to have an interview date after so long! Now it is the registration system which is giving me a headache, it gave a message that "the system is busy. Try again later" since yesterday and do not let me complete the registarion. So trying to figure it out whats the issue now. With this process it seems that when It looks like things are moving there is always another unexpected problem awaiting.

Thanks

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
11 hours ago, PMA1 said:

Hi Sophie,

Thank for your answer. Yes, I contacted the embassy about it and they told me I should take the email as oficial notification so really happy to have an interview date after so long! Now it is the registration system which is giving me a headache, it gave a message that "the system is busy. Try again later" since yesterday and do not let me complete the registarion. So trying to figure it out whats the issue now. With this process it seems that when It looks like things are moving there is always another unexpected problem awaiting.

Thanks

You are welcome! As for the system problem, I guess it must be due to NVC updating the system or something like that... Don't worry, it'll be back! I hope everything goes well! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.