snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

612 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Usually the end of the month, but they can be anytime, particularly at this time of year when they have additional NIV interviews and DV interviews to schedule. So just keep an eye on your email (including junk folder).

Good luck. 

Thanks for the info. Do you know if August appointments have been released yet?

7 minutes ago, Lan22 said:

Thanks for the info. Do you know if August appointments have been released yet?

Yes, they have given some August interviews, but there may still be others available. I'd think it more likely that anybody that gets an IL in July will get a Sept interview date though. 

On 6/27/2024 at 5:08 AM, Emily07 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I just got my EB1 approved in Sydney, Australia (June 21, 2024). The good thing is that this is current now. 

I was wondering if anyone from here knows how long it can take to get the interview time from US consulate in Sydney. 

Any help would be great. 

Congrats! Also EB1-A approved. Undergoing consular processing in London. Have you submitted your DS-260 and sent all your supporting documents to NVC?

On 7/2/2024 at 2:46 PM, appleblossom said:

Yes, they have given some August interviews, but there may still be others available. I'd think it more likely that anybody that gets an IL in July will get a Sept interview date though. 

Please where did you see this info?

On 4/5/2024 at 9:13 PM, zenith007 said:

Hi everyone, EB1 here, my priority date was Aug 2023 and I received documentarily qualified status at the end of March 2024; now waiting for interview date at the Lagos embassy in Nigeria. However, my wife works in London, and I also hold legal residency in London as her dependent. I work in Lagos but shuttle between Lagos and London to be with family.

I've heard about the backlog at the Lagos embassy, and I'm contemplating transferring my case to the London embassy. Could anyone advise if London embassy is significantly faster than Lagos? And is the process to transfer my case to London straightforward? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@appleblossomPlease do you have an estimate of the timing from DQ to IL for EB1 cases at the London embassy. I got DQ in March 2024 and awaiting IL at the Nigerian embassy. I've been undecided in moving my case from Nigeria to the London embassy. I initally thought the backlog in Nigeria was about 8 months, only to hear that those that have DQ from June 2023 are yet to get IL and backlog is close to 18 months. I have seen mixed reports of the time it takes for London, so wanted to get a rough estimate before making a switch. 

54 minutes ago, zenith007 said:

@appleblossomPlease do you have an estimate of the timing from DQ to IL for EB1 cases at the London embassy. I got DQ in March 2024 and awaiting IL at the Nigerian embassy. I've been undecided in moving my case from Nigeria to the London embassy. I initally thought the backlog in Nigeria was about 8 months, only to hear that those that have DQ from June 2023 are yet to get IL and backlog is close to 18 months. I have seen mixed reports of the time it takes for London, so wanted to get a rough estimate before making a switch. 

I am also Nigerian, processing my EB1-A in London.

2 hours ago, zenith007 said:

2-3 months. But are you actually resident in London? You can’t switch to a consulate unless you live/work there. If you do, then definitely request a transfer as it will be much quicker and also save you having to fly back to Lagos for your interview. 

6 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

2-3 months. But are you actually resident in London? You can’t switch to a consulate unless you live/work there. If you do, then definitely request a transfer as it will be much quicker and also save you having to fly back to Lagos for your interview. 

@appleblossomYes - I'm resident in London as dependent on my wife's work visa. I work in Nigeria but shuttle between London and Lagos very frequently to stay with family. I reckon it should be okay to switch, Appreciate your views

Just now, zenith007 said:

@appleblossomYes - I'm resident in London as dependent on my wife's work visa. I work in Nigeria but shuttle between London and Lagos very frequently to stay with family. I reckon it should be okay to switch, Appreciate your views

If you have proof of you being resident in London (utility bills in your name, being on electoral roll, etc) then absolutely do request it. It would be so much quicker. 

On 7/2/2024 at 2:20 PM, dabursot2 said:

Waiting here as well, DQ'd August 2023, also London.

Fingers crossed please keep us posted if you receive anything, I will certainly do the same.

When did you submit your DS 260 / supporting documents and when were you DQ'd?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.