snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

566 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2024 at 11:08 AM, snm2212 said:

FOr those who are already in the US, how long did it take to receive green card? And also social security number. I plan to open bank account and also apply for credit card in the US . But I will be there oly for 4 days. Can I open account with stamp on passport and without SSN? Hoping for your suggestions

We entered the US on the 26th May 3 people, the SSN all arrived 8 days later, green card takes longer.

I am back in the UK for a few months whilst I get things in order before moving to the  US for good with the family. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HillB said:

Has anyone who submitted their DS-260 and supporting documents in June been DQ'd?

Yes, I've seen other people who have. When did you submit yours? According to the website, they're currently working on those who submitted their docs around 14th June. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Just bear in mind that you need to add a bit of time on to that as mailed documents always take a bit longer, I guess they sit in a pile waiting to be opened for a few days. 

Edited by appleblossom

They sent me an email stating that they have received my mail from DHL and my DS-260 on June 13th, and will let me know if they need anything else. So I presumed by now I should have heard back that I am DQ'd but nothing.

2 minutes ago, HillB said:

They sent me an email stating that they have received my mail from DHL and my DS-260 on June 13th, and will let me know if they need anything else. So I presumed by now I should have heard back that I am DQ'd but nothing.

Ok, no too early then. As above, those who submitted online on 14th June onwards are only now being assessed, but you need to add at least a few days on as you sent yours via mail. It usually adds about a week for us EB applicants. So hopefully you'll hear by this time next week, good luck. 

12 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, I've seen other people who have. When did you submit yours? According to the website, they're currently working on those who submitted their docs around 14th June. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Just bear in mind that you need to add a bit of time on to that as mailed documents always take a bit longer, I guess they sit in a pile waiting to be opened for a few days. 

3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Ok, no too early then. As above, those who submitted online on 14th June onwards are only now being assessed, but you need to add at least a few days on as you sent yours via mail. It usually adds about a week for us EB applicants. So hopefully you'll hear by this time next week, good luck. 

Alright, thanks! I am at the final stage of a very lucrative job offer and told the person who referred me that I already have my green card, so need this to move asap. fingers crossed

2 hours ago, HillB said:

Alright, thanks! I am at the final stage of a very lucrative job offer and told the person who referred me that I already have my green card, so need this to move asap. fingers crossed

Crikey. You're probably at least 2 months away from your visa, if not more, so when do they want you to start?

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Crikey. You're probably at least 2 months away from your visa, if not more, so when do they want you to start?

If all goes well, late August. But definitely not later than Sep 1st.

8 minutes ago, HillB said:

If all goes well, late August. But definitely not later than Sep 1st.

That's going to be cutting pretty fine!  You might just make it if you do squeak in and get an IL in the July round, for an interview in August. 

You're not at risk of AP are you? Not in a job on the TAL list, or lived in any high risk country at any point?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I just got my EB1 approved in Sydney, Australia (June 21, 2024). The good thing is that this is current now. 

I was wondering if anyone from here knows how long it can take to get the interview time from US consulate in Sydney. 

Any help would be great. 

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Emily07 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I just got my EB1 approved in Sydney, Australia (June 21, 2024). The good thing is that this is current now. 

I was wondering if anyone from here knows how long it can take to get the interview time from US consulate in Sydney. 

Any help would be great. 

I have been waiting since January 2024 after pd became current (DQed in July 2023) no update from the nvc/consulate yet, but saw here in visa journey some other candidates have had their eb2 interviews who are dqed in Feb2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.