snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

784 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Damiores said:

Thanks for sharing and hopefully, you get out of AP soon and get your visa issued. Are you originally from the UK? If not, where are you from. Most times, some citizens of a particular set of countries are put into AP, no matter where they interview.

Best wishes.

I am originally from Nigeria. I don't know if that played into the reason why I have been put into AP. Hopefully, they do whatever they want to check quickly enough. The guidance I'm getting is that I just have to wait for them to get back in touch with me.

1 minute ago, sjc18692003 said:

I am originally from Nigeria. I don't know if that played into the reason why I have been put into AP. Hopefully, they do whatever they want to check quickly enough. The guidance I'm getting is that I just have to wait for them to get back in touch with me.

Well, you just have to wait. Hopefully, you get your visa issued soonest.

Best wishes

Happy New Year everyone - I hope that 2024 brings you everything your heart desires (including those Green Cards!). 

So, I think we have finally been DQ'd... only the latter from the NVC does not explicitly state that our documents have been approved.

Is this normal? 

It says: 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to scheduling your immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).

...etc

They are clearly referring our case to the embassy so I know that we are moving in the right direction, but I feel slightly anxious because I'm sure I've seen other people on here receiving letters with phrases along the lines of 'your documents have been approved'. 

We are EB1 - I'm wondering if DQ letters for EB cases are worded differently than those for other (i.e. family-based) cases? 

Also, assuming that this is a legit DQ letter, and considering it was sent on January 3, do you think we have missed a cut-off? Last year, there seemed to be a cut-off at the end of December, and people who got DQ at the beginning of January didn't get their ILs until February. Do you think we are looking at an IL in Feb and an interview date in March? 

Many thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, matchakat said:

Happy New Year everyone - I hope that 2024 brings you everything your heart desires (including those Green Cards!). 

So, I think we have finally been DQ'd... only the latter from the NVC does not explicitly state that our documents have been approved.

Is this normal? 

It says: 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to scheduling your immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner, and attorney (if applicable).

...etc

They are clearly referring our case to the embassy so I know that we are moving in the right direction, but I feel slightly anxious because I'm sure I've seen other people on here receiving letters with phrases along the lines of 'your documents have been approved'. 

We are EB1 - I'm wondering if DQ letters for EB cases are worded differently than those for other (i.e. family-based) cases? 

Also, assuming that this is a legit DQ letter, and considering it was sent on January 3, do you think we have missed a cut-off? Last year, there seemed to be a cut-off at the end of December, and people who got DQ at the beginning of January didn't get their ILs until February. Do you think we are looking at an IL in Feb and an interview date in March? 

Many thanks in advance!

Yep, this is the template email for being DQ'd, congratulations!!

14 minutes ago, matchakat said:

What a relief... thatnks @dabursot2 !! 

BTW, I thought it was really strange that the DQ letter is in a .rtf format 😂

Yes I also received the same one! They have changed a little bit, they used to say DQ but not anymore don’t know why! My parents got a IR5, and it said DQ 🤷🏻‍♀️.

7 hours ago, matchakat said:

Is this normal? 

It says: 

...etc

Many thanks in advance!

Seems like everything is running a little late, not sure if that is because of all the holidays recently. I was DQd Nov 16 which should have just made the cut for the letter sent out end of Nov, but instead the ILs came for everyone on Dec 13th... so by past dates you should get an IL by end of Jan but based on recent dates it may come mid feb. 

16 hours ago, Rainbow Aligator said:

Seems like everything is running a little late, not sure if that is because of all the holidays recently. I was DQd Nov 16 which should have just made the cut for the letter sent out end of Nov, but instead the ILs came for everyone on Dec 13th... so by past dates you should get an IL by end of Jan but based on recent dates it may come mid feb. 

Oh I see, so you were expecting to get your IL at the end of November based on the past trend but no ILs were sent until Dec 13... either the trend has changed or it's all random but I guess no one can predict when the next batch will be sent out (I'm tired of this endless guessing game 😅)
I really hope they will send out the next batch at the end of Jan - if it ends up going out in mid-Jan, we probably won't have made it...

2 hours ago, matchakat said:

Oh I see, so you were expecting to get your IL at the end of November based on the past trend but no ILs were sent until Dec 13... either the trend has changed or it's all random but I guess no one can predict when the next batch will be sent out (I'm tired of this endless guessing game 😅)
I really hope they will send out the next batch at the end of Jan - if it ends up going out in mid-Jan, we probably won't have made it...

I would imagine it changed simply because of Thanksgiving & Christmas. There will be lots more people to interview with less interview slots because of the holidays and staff shortages, so it may not go back to normal this month, but no way of knowing unfortunately. 

On 1/4/2024 at 12:09 PM, appleblossom said:

I would imagine it changed simply because of Thanksgiving & Christmas. There will be lots more people to interview with less interview slots because of the holidays and staff shortages, so it may not go back to normal this month, but no way of knowing unfortunately. 

Yes I guess the holiday season has a lot to do with the irregular pattern - but with the last batch going out on Dec 13, they probably won't wait until the end of January particularly if there is a backlog that built up over the holiday period...

I know i'm being inpatient - after all, it's only been 2 days since we got DQ 😂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, matchakat said:

Yes I guess the holiday season has a lot to do with the irregular pattern - but with the last batch going out on Dec 13, they probably won't wait until the end of January particularly if there is a backlog that built up over the holiday period...

I know i'm being inpatient - after all, it's only been 2 days since we got DQ 😂

Based on my research and looking into previous patterns, I am guessing that next batch of IL will be sent out by 10th. 11th morning may be for us in UK. 😅😹😂

Edited by snm2212

On 12/15/2023 at 8:26 AM, Rocha3 said:

VJ User

Category

Priority Date (MM/DD/YYYY)

DQ Status (MM/DD/YYYY)

Interview Letter

(MM/DD/YYYY)

Interview date

(MM/DD/YYYY)

Interview location

@dolibash

EB2

07/22/22

04/12/23

Waiting

Riyadh

@snm2212 

EB2

09/29/22

04/21/23

Waiting

London

@Ernie73

EB2

09/19/22

05/04/23

Waiting

Iceland

@Hithere222 

EB1

05/16/22

04/25/23

Waiting

Kathmandu

@Kw1097 

EB2

02/22/22

04/04/23

08/27/23 

09/20/23

Doha

@Kashraz 

EB1

06/30/22

04/04/23

Waiting

@Damiores 

EB2

11/18/22

04/05/23

Waiting

Ankara 

@W Herrera 

EB2

12/14/21

06/08/23

08/02/23

09/13/23

Georgetown, Guyana

@Kalied

EB2

05/09/22

05/04/23

Waiting

@CMingo 

EB2

05/02/22

03/21/23

09/01/23  

10/27/23

London

@Appleblossom 

EB1

02/08/23

04/21/23

05/20/23

07/17/23

London

@Luis M 

EB2

06/10/22

07/27/23

09/01/23 

10/30/23 to be rescheduled as can't  attend 

London

@whitewizard

EB1

01/20/23

03/31/23

08/02/23

09/20/23

Mumbai

@nodisplay

EB1

04/17/23

Waiting

Montreal

@jimmy2k

EB2

02/01/11

Waiting

Waiting

Montreal

@dabursot2

EB2

01/20/23

08/15/23

Waiting

London

@azzz

EB1

03/27/23

05/17/23

10/05/23

11/21/23

Almaty

@MalaYoon

EB2

03/24/22

03/10/23

07/31/23

Kuala Lumpur

@Ayobami

EB2

01/10/22

03/22/23

Waiting

Johannesburg

@dtbaby

EB2

03/02/22

12/02/22

Waiting

Lagos

@Aya2538

EB2

08/30/21

04/18/23

Waiting

Ankara

@Rocha3

EB2

05/10/21

07/10/23

Waiting

Rio de Janeiro

@nothin2C

EB2

01/XX/22

08/24/23

08/28/23

10/28/23

Paris

@whereisme

EB2

01/03/23

8/26/23

Waiting

Argentina

@Rainbow Aligator

EB1

06/20/23

11/16/23

Waiting

London

@Eren

EB2

03/09/22

05/10/23

08/03/23
(took a while due to PD not being current)

09/29/23

London

@chy8

EB2

09/27/22

07/18/23

@mohamedaali2

EB2

07/01/21

08/04/23

Waiting

Waiting 

Cairo

@Laulau

Eb2

10/20/2022

11/03/2023

01/04/2024

02/26/2024

Bogota

@Aanuoluwa

EB2

07/27/2023

11/07/2023

Waiting

Johannesburg

My country of origin is Venezuela, the letter says the Appointment is in Caracas but our embassy is closed!

I assume the appointment will take place in Bogota in that case because they’re currently taking care of the US visas of Venezuelans!

Tomorrow I’ll have a chat with my lawyer about that!

5 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Based on my research and looking into previous patterns, I am guessing that next batch of IL will be sent out by 10th. 11th morning may be for us in UK. 😅😹😂

Do you want to bet money on it? 😂

5 hours ago, Laulau said:

My country of origin is Venezuela, the letter says the Appointment is in Caracas but our embassy is closed!

I assume the appointment will take place in Bogota in that case because they’re currently taking care of the US visas of Venezuelans!

Tomorrow I’ll have a chat with my lawyer about that!

@Laulau I'd recommend a visit to the regional board: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

On 12/27/2023 at 10:49 AM, snm2212 said:

we might get it by second week of January 

I sure hope so 🤞

My lawyer told me he is surprised that I have not been transferred to the embassy yet. My PD is September 19th, 2022. DQ'd since May 5th, 2023. I guess the holidays didn't help expedite anything. Anyway, like someone wrote, in the home stretch now 🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.