snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

619 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Nulasco said:

Hi all 

I received the welcome letter from nvc few weeks ago. However, i recently got married, how do I go about communicating with nvc about adding my spouse ?

I’ve not paid the invoice fee yet or started the application 

Thank you 

Send an inquiry to nvc and they will add ur spouse

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ernie73 said:

Hi all, has anyone that became current with the January visa bulletin received an interview letter? Or do they not send out interview invitations until the priority date is current? Meaning, embassies only do this when the bulletin becomes active on January 1st? Thanks

I know some people that already received the IL for Rio consulate (January interview). Not me unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Ernie73 said:

Hi all, has anyone that became current with the January visa bulletin received an interview letter? Or do they not send out interview invitations until the priority date is current? Meaning, embassies only do this when the bulletin becomes active on January 1st? Thanks

You won’t be added to the queue for an interview until your PD is current in January. If you could fill in your profile it would be super helpful when you’re asking questions btw. 

Edited by appleblossom

11 hours ago, Ernie73 said:

we might get it by second week of January 

Happy Holidays everyone,

I am new to this platform. I came across it on the weekend.

I have an interview in two days in the EB2-NIW category. I am a bit nervous, to be honest and just want to get some insights from those who have had an interview regarding the questions to expect. And generally, the best way to approach this interview.

Many thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, sjc18692003 said:

Happy Holidays everyone,

I am new to this platform. I came across it on the weekend.

I have an interview in two days in the EB2-NIW category. I am a bit nervous, to be honest and just want to get some insights from those who have had an interview regarding the questions to expect. And generally, the best way to approach this interview.

Many thanks in advance.

It would be really helpful if you fill out your timeline, so we and other future members can compare!

when was your PD, NVC DQ and When did your IL came? 

thank you! 

6 minutes ago, sjc18692003 said:

Hi 

My timeline is as follows:

PD - 3rd March 2022 

NVC DC - 18 September 2023

IL - 3rd November 2023

Hope this helps.

Thanks 

Please add it to your actual VJ timeline, there aren’t many of us EB applicants so every timeline helps others. Plus it makes it easier as then members know any relevant info when you ask a question. 

For interview questions, have a search - i know I posted about my experience earlier this year and shared the questions I was asked (can’t remember what they were now though - but it was super quick and easy!). And lots of others have shared their experiences too. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

I have added something to the timeline page. Im just trying to navigate my way around the site.

Thanks for your patience guys 

5 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Please add it to your actual VJ timeline, there aren’t many of us EB applicants so every timeline helps others. Plus it makes it easier as then members know any relevant info when you ask a question. 

For interview questions, have a search - i know I posted about my experience earlier this year and shared the questions I was asked (can’t remember what they were now though - but it was super quick and easy!). And lots of others have shared their experiences too. 

Good luck. 

Thanks for your response. Will try to have a look around 

45 minutes ago, sjc18692003 said:

I have added something to the timeline page. Im just trying to navigate my way around the site.

Thanks for your patience guys 

Thanks for your response. Will try to have a look around 

No worries at all. Good luck with the interview, hopefully yours will be as easy as mine was! 

On 12/13/2023 at 4:33 AM, snm2212 said:

Really appreciate your time and effort. Hope all goes well in your interview. Best wishes. 

@Rainbow Aligator Did you received your IL?

Sorry for late reply, yes I did for Jan 19! Phew 

Set up my medical for Jan 9, on the home stretch now!

Hi Guys, 

So I had my interview yesterday.

My case was not approved on the spot. I was told I qualify but they need to carry out background checks.

As such, my case was put into administrative processing.

For the benefit of others, the questions I was asked are as follows:

1. So are you applying based on an advanced degree?
  2. What is the name of your advanced degree?
  3. Where in the US are you going to?
  4. Do you have a job offer?
  5. What do you plan to do as your endeavor?
  6. Question about the record on my police certificate

At the end, I was told they needed to conduct checks on my police record, however, I qualify.

I just don't know how long the administrative processing will take

1 hour ago, sjc18692003 said:

Hi Guys, 

My case was not approved on the spot. I was told I qualify but they need to carry out background checks.

At the end, I was told they needed to conduct checks on my police record, however, I qualify.

congratulation on your interview. Hope you will be approved soon. 

3 hours ago, sjc18692003 said:

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for sharing and hopefully, you get out of AP soon and get your visa issued. Are you originally from the UK? If not, where are you from. Most times, some citizens of a particular set of countries are put into AP, no matter where they interview.

Best wishes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.