snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

804 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
40 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

September. The October bulletin dates kick in on 1st October.

thanks!! Since the vb of october hasnt advanced much i still have hopes to receive the il by oct30. If the novembers vb advance again then its a problem for future me… i cant barely sleep waiting for this, its time to re enroll kids in school in brazil because the school year starts in February and i dont know what to do. Oh well

17 minutes ago, Rocha3 said:

thanks!! Since the vb of october hasnt advanced much i still have hopes to receive the il by oct30. If the novembers vb advance again then its a problem for future me… i cant barely sleep waiting for this, its time to re enroll kids in school in brazil because the school year starts in February and i dont know what to do. Oh well

Your PD is current isn't it? So the VB isn't relevant to you at all (unless it retrogresses), you'll be ahead of anybody with a PD ahead of yours anyway.

I don't know what the backlog is like in Rio or how long the wait usually is but hope you hear soon.

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline
7 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Your PD is current isn't it? So the VB isn't relevant to you at all (unless it retrogresses), you'll be ahead of anybody with a PD ahead of yours anyway.

I don't know what the backlog is like in Rio or how long the wait usually is but hope you hear soon.

My pd is 2020… my dq is july2023 and nvc website says they schedule by dq…. And i know about 100 people with dq apri/may/jun waiting to be called….

5 minutes ago, Rocha3 said:

My pd is 2020… my dq is july2023 and nvc website says they schedule by dq…. And i know about 100 people with dq apri/may/jun waiting to be called….

Yes, it'll be done by DQ date, not PD. So anybody whose date becomes current in the October VB won't impact your wait at all, they'll be a long way behind you in the queue for an interview. 

If you know you've still got at least 4 months wait then it's probably worth re-enrolling the kids in school for February unfortunately. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, it'll be done by DQ date, not PD. So anybody whose date becomes current in the October VB won't impact your wait at all, they'll be a long way behind you in the queue for an interview. 

If you know you've still got at least 4 months wait then it's probably worth re-enrolling the kids in school for February unfortunately. 

Wait, their dq is before mine but their pd still is not current, once their pd becomes current they dont jump before me in the queue? I thought that once the pd is current the dq line was rearranged… u know what i mean…. Ab the school u right i have to re enroll even if it is for a month or 2.

15 minutes ago, Rocha3 said:

Wait, their dq is before mine but their pd still is not current, once their pd becomes current they dont jump before me in the queue? I thought that once the pd is current the dq line was rearranged… u know what i mean…. Ab the school u right i have to re enroll even if it is for a month or 2.

Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant people whose PD isn't current and who haven't been DQ'ed yet.

Actually have just realised your PD, seems odd that you weren't DQ'ed until July this year? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, appleblossom said:

Oh I see what you mean, I thought you meant people whose PD isn't current and who haven't been DQ'ed yet.

Actually have just realised your PD, seems odd that you weren't DQ'ed until July this year? 

I previously had j1 visa with that 2 year rule. So i could file ds260 only after 2 years back home (brazil)…. And now i wonder that if the vb progress and becomes current, i would lose my spot in the line bc others with earlier dq will jump before me….

20 hours ago, Rocha3 said:

I previously had j1 visa with that 2 year rule. So i could file ds260 only after 2 years back home (brazil)…. And now i wonder that if the vb progress and becomes current, i would lose my spot in the line bc others with earlier dq will jump before me….

Hello my 2 cents here!.

I am not sure if you lose your spot, but for what I see in Londin embassy for EB2, the queue is set first by DQ date and then PD, however in not sure IF the VS progresses significantly, do older PDs take preference despite having newer DQs.

Timeline
15 hours ago, whitewizard said:
PD: Jan 20, 2023 Category: EB-1 Chargeability: ROW Consulate: Mumbai, India DQ: March 30, 2023. IL: Aug 02, 2023. Interview: Sept 20, 2023.

Visa issued! Also received the passport and visa packet. And paid the USCIS immigrant fee. First interview was to check civil documents. They just confirmed the information they had. The actual visa interview was short. "What are your educational qualifications?" "What are all the countries you have lived in?" What are your plans after you land in the US?" "Do you have any documents about the speeding ticket that was disclosed on the DS-260?" "Your visa is approved."

The consular officer accidentally returned my passport back to me, but then I alerted him and he wanted it back. The CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing" for two hours. Then it changed to "Issued". Next day, I received notification that the passport was ready for pickup.

As others have stated, the interview is not adversarial. While the Department of State is charged with checking labor certification related matters, EB-1 lacks labor certification. So they are not supposed to readjudicate the petition, other than check for any evidence of misrepresentation or fraud. I do not have a job offer in the US. I said that once I land in the US, I will begin to apply and contact my network. That was accepted without comment.

congrats and thanks for the details!!! success in your new journey!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Luis M said:

Hello my 2 cents here!.

I am not sure if you lose your spot, but for what I see in Londin embassy for EB2, the queue is set first by DQ date and then PD, however in not sure IF the VS progresses significantly, do older PDs take preference despite having newer DQs.

yeah, for me its better the VB NOT move so all the earlier DQs have to wait for their PDs to become current....I see that no one got the ILs in Rio yet, so still have September and October and hopes hauahauha

2 hours ago, Rocha3 said:

yeah, for me its better the VB NOT move so all the earlier DQs have to wait for their PDs to become current....I see that no one got the ILs in Rio yet, so still have September and October and hopes hauahauha

Agree!, is also whatbI was hoping in my case and so far the VB has moved to my benefit.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:33 AM, whitewizard said:
PD: Jan 20, 2023 Category: EB-1 Chargeability: ROW Consulate: Mumbai, India DQ: March 30, 2023. IL: Aug 02, 2023. Interview: Sept 20, 2023.

Visa issued! Also received the passport and visa packet. And paid the USCIS immigrant fee. First interview was to check civil documents. They just confirmed the information they had. The actual visa interview was short. "What are your educational qualifications?" "What are all the countries you have lived in?" What are your plans after you land in the US?" "Do you have any documents about the speeding ticket that was disclosed on the DS-260?" "Your visa is approved."

The consular officer accidentally returned my passport back to me, but then I alerted him and he wanted it back. The CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing" for two hours. Then it changed to "Issued". Next day, I received notification that the passport was ready for pickup.

As others have stated, the interview is not adversarial. While the Department of State is charged with checking labor certification related matters, EB-1 lacks labor certification. So they are not supposed to readjudicate the petition, other than check for any evidence of misrepresentation or fraud. I do not have a job offer in the US. I said that once I land in the US, I will begin to apply and contact my network. That was accepted without comment.

Congratulations and thanks for the update. Regarding question about the countries you have lived in, I guess this means countries you visited and stayed up to 6 months?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.