snm2212

Only EB1/EB2 update on NVC (DQ, IL)

834 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 4/19/2023 at 7:47 AM, sophie22 said:

For those who are EB2 and waiting for the interview letter, please be aware that on the visa bulletin of this month (April), the final action date is July 1, 2022 (for countries other than China and India), and it will retrogress to Feb 15, 2022, next month.  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html So if your priority date is not before the final action date, you won't receive the interview letter, not until the final action date moves forward to a date after your priority date. 

so sad i got affected... my PD is March24-2022 :(

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
40 minutes ago, MalaYoon said:

so sad i got affected... my PD is March24-2022 :(

You may still get an interview letter this month, as this month (April) the final action date is July 1, 2022, so your PD is current this month, but not next month. But I don't know how your embassy works or how this situation in general works, maybe there is not enough time, maybe there is...

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
10 hours ago, sophie22 said:

You may still get an interview letter this month, as this month (April) the final action date is July 1, 2022, so your PD is current this month, but not next month. But I don't know how your embassy works or how this situation in general works, maybe there is not enough time, maybe there is...

it is unlikely, my friend with similar PD got his interview schedule for May-15 got an email from the embassy that the interview was canceled due to the visa bulletin :(

hopefully it will move forward next month  

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, MalaYoon said:

it is unlikely, my friend with similar PD got his interview schedule for May-15 got an email from the embassy that the interview was canceled due to the visa bulletin :(

hopefully it will move forward next month  

I'm sorry to hear that. Your PD is only one month after Feb 15, so I'm sure once the bulletin moves forward, it'll be past your PD!

How about we make a table with following entries for EB1 and EB2 filers:

VJ ID, priority date, DQ date, Interview date, place of interview.

SO it will be easy for everyone to get some ideas on information. 

VJ User

Priority date

DQ status

Interview date

Interview Location

@snm2212 (EB2)

29/09/2022

Waiting

-

London

Please fill your data accordingly. Or post if you want me to fill. Thank you

Finally DQ guys. Now a long wait for IL begins :D @appleblossom You should get email by today as we have same timeline, category and same submission date (even time). Best wishes

Edited by snm2212

18 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

Finally DQ guys. Now a long wait for IL begins :D @appleblossom You should get email by today as we have same timeline, category and same submission date (even time). Best wishes

Yay, congrats! Will keep you posted on when we hear something…….

You can fill me in for the table above - EB1, PD 02/08/23, waiting, London consulate. Any chance the visa category could be put in a separate column rather than after the names? Just to make it easier to scroll down and find others in the same category. 

Thank you and congrats again.

VJ User

Category

Priority date

DQ status

Interview date

Interview location

@dolibash 

EB2

@snm2212 

EB2

09/29/22

04/21/2023

Waiting

London

@Hithere222 

EB1

@Kw1097 

EB2

@Kashraz 

EB1

@Damiores 

EB2

@W Herrera 

EB2

@Appleblossom 

EB1

02/08/23

Waiting

London

Ernie73

EB2 - PD on Sept 19th, 2022

Waiting for NVC, submitted April 14th, 2023

Embassy in Iceland

Congrats on DQ! Now the wait continues... 😁

I thought I'd share that I watched a webinar on Wednesday with a firm called WR immigration (I'm not affiliated in any way). They posted it to YouTube (https://youtu.be/4GWkpxKaGtE). It's with Charlie Oppenheim which is primarily why I tuned in. He said didn't expect any movement in EB2 ROW until maybe July/September when the fiscal year ends. And, then further movement in October. It's worth the watch 👍

2 minutes ago, Ernie73 said:

Ernie73

EB2 - PD on Sept 19th, 2022

Waiting for NVC, submitted April 14th, 2023

Embassy in Iceland

Congrats on DQ! Now the wait continues... 😁

I thought I'd share that I watched a webinar on Wednesday with a firm called WR immigration (I'm not affiliated in any way). They posted it to YouTube (https://youtu.be/4GWkpxKaGtE). It's with Charlie Oppenheim which is primarily why I tuned in. He said didn't expect any movement in EB2 ROW until maybe July/September when the fiscal year ends. And, then further movement in October. It's worth the watch 👍

Thanks for sharing. I sincerely don't expect any movement for EB2 ROW earlier than August VB. Hopefully, things is better than predicted.

1 minute ago, Damiores said:

Thanks for sharing. I sincerely don't expect any movement for EB2 ROW earlier than August VB. Hopefully, things is better than predicted.

I was (and am still) hoping for some movement these next months. But, it seems that there is a temporary "block" due to more applications/petitions than expected/normal. So, they have had to pause the newer petitions to clear the ones that are still open. Hopefully this clears up soon, or at least moves forward at a healthy pace 👍 

VJ User

Category

Priority date

DQ status

Interview date

Interview location

@dolibash 

EB2

@snm2212 

EB2

09/29/22

04/21/23

Waiting

London

@Ernie73

EB2

09/19/22

waiting

-

Iceland

@Hithere222 

EB1

@Kw1097 

EB2

@Kashraz 

EB1

@Damiores 

EB2

@W Herrera 

EB2

@Kalied

EB2

05/09/22

waiting

-

@W Herrera 

EB2

@Appleblossom 

EB1

02/08/23

04/21/23

waiting

London

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.