18 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone. I need help please

my GC expires on June 2023 and I renewed it 6 months before December 2022, this March I got approved and card was produced. But USPS couldn’t find my documents it’s been 10 days now and still thay didn’t find my package containing my GC. Now I’m super worried we have a family vacation this coming April to August 2023 and I don’t know what to do anymore. Pls help me

082BC70B-1327-4AF2-8523-B2B7CAA898B2.jpeg

5DAE5027-4D67-42E0-9012-DFDCE0111D29.png

*** Moved from Off Topic to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC (non)delivery are discussed ***

4 hours ago, abaldo said:

we have a family vacation this coming April to August 2023 and I don’t know what to do anymore.

Call USCIS to ask for an emergency InfoPass appointment to get an I-551 ADIT stamp in your passport.  Bring your I-90 notice to your Infopass appointment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Reach out to your postmaster, go twice a day if needed.

Yes, do this!! USPS lost mine when they shipped mine out so I called them probably 3 times a day and told them to please check if they envelope is in the back and they refused. The third day I called and asked again and they finally looked and guess what they found?? My green card. 

Edited by mbssss

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

9 minutes ago, mbssss said:

Yes, do this!! USPS lost mine when they shipped mine out so I called them probably 3 times a day and told them to please check if they envelope is in the back and they refused. The third day I called and asked again and they finally looked and guess what they found?? My green card. 

Mine was stuck somewhere at Seattle Distribution and it never got to our postoffice near our place. 

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Went there few hours ago, they said it never arrived in there facility, it’s stuck in transit since 28th :((

12 hours ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Off Topic to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC (non)delivery are discussed ***

Call USCIS to ask for an emergency InfoPass appointment to get an I-551 ADIT stamp in your passport.  Bring your I-90 notice to your Infopass appointment.

I did this too incase! But Im scared they wont stamp because they released my GC already 

4 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

A week wandering around Seattle? To me it sounds like it was lost. 

@abaldo did you file a report with USPS?

I feel that its lost too I don’t know what to do anymore

2 minutes ago, abaldo said:

I did this too incase! But Im scared they wont stamp because they released my GC already 

I feel that its lost too I don’t know what to do anymore

I fully understand your desperation. 

Try going again tomorrow: you might encounter a more helpful employee. 

At this point, even if you go full on Karen mode, it is worth. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, mbssss said:

I called them probably 3 times a day

This is good.

2 hours ago, abaldo said:

Went there

This is even better.

Try to talk with the station manager or at least the shift supervisor.

The situation of lost green cards has been around since I've been on VJ, and it absolutely mystifies me.  Fully 99.44% of this could be avoided if USCIS sent out this crucial stuff accompanied by tracking-numbers, or by 2-day Priority Mail, or some method more reliable than first-class mail.  There should also be more agency-to-agency collaboration between USCIS and the Postal Service.  For God's sake, already!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

16 hours ago, Chancy said:

They told me they can’t give me stamp because they mailed my card. I should apply new I-90 and pay fee then get a stamp that was told to me by the agent. :(

1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

This is good.

This is even better.

Try to talk with the station manager or at least the shift supervisor.

The situation of lost green cards has been around since I've been on VJ, and it absolutely mystifies me.  Fully 99.44% of this could be avoided if USCIS sent out this crucial stuff accompanied by tracking-numbers, or by 2-day Priority Mail, or some method more reliable than first-class mail.  There should also be more agency-to-agency collaboration between USCIS and the Postal Service.  For God's sake, already!

It is actually priority mail, I don’t know what happend :( they want me to apply again because it’s lost if I want to travel. I just paid to renew now I have to pay again 

6 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

I went already, and they said it never reached them that’s why now im hopeless

8 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

A week wandering around Seattle? To me it sounds like it was lost. 

@abaldo did you file a report with USPS?

Yes I did. still no feedback

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

We sell online and ship many orders daily with USPS. Just the other day we had a customer inquiry about an order, we looked it up and it had been sitting at a USPS facility for over 10 days, only an hour from where he lived. The order was delivered two days later. It happens, you package is still in transit, you will receive it (its not lost, and the tracking shows activity only a couple of days ago). Your local USPS can look up the GPS coordinates to see exactly where the package was last scanned, the tracking doesn't show all the scans. 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.