46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MarJhi said:

How about we stop raising kids today to be victims? Maybe stop teaching kids that everything about them must be "affirmed" by society at large and if anyone doesn't celebrate their existence then they are the enemy. How about we stop drugging children up for every little thing? Maybe we can teach kids that respect is not demanded, it is earned. Let's teach kids that not everyone you run across in your life is going to like you, and that's ok, it's not the end of the world. Maybe adults who can't deal with their child's behavior at a young age should find a way to deal with them that doesn't involve taking them to a doctor and having something prescribed for the child to make them easier to handle. How about we stop letting the trouble makers off the hook because "maybe they were dealing with something" or they came from a rough upbringing. What about the people who think cops should do something who at the same time wan't to demonize the police for doing something? 

Sure it's easy for those with an anti 2nd amendment bent to go straight to that well, but they never seem to want to address what we are doing to kids. I work in a building with a lot of young people, and it is frightening how many of them are on meds and are not shy about telling you. We are destroying an entire generation with the nonsense their heads are being filled with and the drugs that are being pumped into them. 

We have created this incredibly fragile, broken generation who can't handle any adversity. I hate to be that "back in my day" guy, but damn, what the hell happened? The schools didn't look like prisons like they do now with walls and fences surrounding the buildings. Guys had gun racks in their trucks in the parking lot (with guns in them) and it wasn't even something to think about or worry about. The ONLY thing that I see that is different from 40 years ago when I was in school is that nobody was medicated like they are now and we were taught that adversity makes you stronger and it wasn't the end of the world. 

I don't disagree with a good bit of what you've said. But... there's a few points here: I always tend to hear older people of a certain generation say that "there was nothing like this going on in my day..."(even though my dad was quite the troublemaker and could tell all sorts of stories) but, I suppose I'm lucky enough to have lived around a few different generations, hear about or discover with research, their life stories, or witness their current reality vs a sort of faux optimistic one that they made up to cope with difficulties in life.

My grandpa (the greatest generation) had a terribly difficult life in his youth, bad parents, lacked education, went through the depression and wars but managed to snag the girl, get through the war, get an education, and go on to be successful. But he saw things and went through some things. Things that deeply wounded and affected him. Likewise, so did my grandma. And those wounds, the ones they didn't talk about or didn't want to reveal easily often get passed onto to their kids, and made them the people they are now and so forth and so forth. I, an accident baby, was born a long time after my elder siblings had lived a lot of life already (also going through some things because of how my parents are), and by the time I arrived - my parents were disinterested in dealing with another kid and the lot of them clearly have unresolved issues that they've managed to reach old age with. So who raised me? My sibling really and myself. That gives one a different perspective on things and neither that sibling or me managed to ever really have a childhood - because adulthood had to happen out of necessity.

So how do parents want to address issues going on with their kids now? Well... by doing what my parents did.. not really raising them. And no, they didn't believe in 'medicating' them, but they sure as heck weren't going to actually be a loving parent (or any sort of parent) either. And now in their old age, I have to be their parent, because they can't deal with life. Since parents have medication as an option now, that's the popular out to use. But some parents don't want to acknowledge their children's learning difficulties, difficulties with the way school is structured vs their learning ability, or yes actual very real and frightening mental problems. For some there are no resources, and in a lot of these school shooting cases - parents are in complete denial and provide easy access to weapons in their homes. If you've ever been around someone bipolar and having a delusion-filled breakdown suicide, or crisis, having weapons around isn't a good thing for them or yourself. Kids are left to raise themselves, but what examples have they got? They don't know how to be kids AND they don't have stable adults to learn from either.

I don't really care about this shooter, like any of them.. (and there will be endless more). They are dead. They were having a crisis, and likely those parents will say they had no idea why their child did this even though, they likely do. That's probably a mean and unfair thing for me to say in some respect, the shooter is the one that pulled the trigger afterall. But what our children become is often what we raise or don't care to raise them to be. No doubt they have a lengthy manifesto of grievances - likely directed at the school. There are *alot* of things that were different 40 years ago that may be contributing factors, but every generation has their major problems. We tend to like to think about only the good parts to push through it.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
3 hours ago, yuna628 said:

What would you suggest?

While talking about it on here is going to help you get it off your chest, this isn't really action.

Let me ask you this... what will you do when this person murders one of your children in school?

Edited by LIBrty4all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

I'll add another +1,000.

Her pronouns are now was & were.

just call her ART
Assuming Room Temperature.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

News media stop making these people famous.

Never mention their name. Don't publish their manifesto. 

Agree 110%, but you gotta know that doesn't sell like the BS headlines they come up with.

Don't worry, they will make herm a martyr before it's all over with.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

Agree 110%, but you gotta know that doesn't sell like the BS headlines they come up with.

Don't worry, they will make herm a martyr before it's all over with.

Well they could not even get his name right.

I see Washington Times has at least apologized, they blamed their own lack of due diligence on the police.

Do not forget Saturday is the Trans Day of Vengeance!

image.jpeg.665438c0435d2f72ab10038533e3d6d9.jpeg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, LIBrty4all said:

they will make herm a martyr before it's all over with.

This one might end up being rather close to the truth, with signs of it already.

Media Calls For Moment Of Silence For Shooter Who Was Misgendered

U.S. — Media outlets around the country joined hands today to call for a moment of silent remembrance for Audrey Hale, a mass shooter who was misgendered.  [...]

https://babylonbee.com/news/media-calls-for-moment-of-silence-for-shooter-who-was-misgendered

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
12 hours ago, yuna628 said:

In our town we were made aware of a violent kid that has weapons and has brought them to school property, and has made threats off of school property. Kids are now too frightened to go to school, and the cops won't do anything. Some parents went and confronted the kid's father... it did not go well. My neighbor's kid tells me he knows that kid is going to snap one day.

Mini-Bone's friend has a brother who was expelled from (grade!) school because of antisocial behavior.  The kid still hangs around school property, glaring at and sometimes menacing other kids.  Mrs. T-B. and I agree without discussion that this kid has a pretty clear future.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Here's yet another that's probably too close to the truth.

FBI Vows To Get To The Bottom Of What Christians Did To Provoke Attack

https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-vows-to-get-to-the-bottom-of-what-christians-did-to-provoke-attack

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was going to write a long piece about this, but too late too tired. Anyway short version is that it is complicated and my impression is that the current situation is due to a whole host of factors it has taken a long time to get where we are and I have no idea what a solution may look like.

I can think of historical precedents they usually involve religious movements or pseudo religious movements.

Saw this, now I have seen similar and for whatever reason usually it is the woman talking and the man sitting there gormless. Make of it what you will.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 hour ago, TBoneTX said:

This one might end up being rather close to the truth, with signs of it already.

As have most of my posts here on VJ the past few years.  Yet some try to ignore the wisdom and veer towards the left ditch.  It is a sad thing to witness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Unfortunately, due to the politicization of everything today it is sometimes necessary to know who these people are and what they were thinking. Otherwise, you allow the politicians and the media to steer the narrative in the direction they find most advantageous. The "misgendering" of this murderous woman was no accident in my opinion. I believe the media was struggling with the idea that this woman was a member of the trans community and that doesn't fit the narrative they like to put forward. Usually in these situations, if the shooter is in one demographic, they are just hate filled ____ists or ____phobic (fill in the blank). But if the shooter is not in that demographic, they are mentally ill, struggling with something or were lashing out against some perceived wrongdoing against them. There are those that believe hate is a one way street and it disrupts their point of view when the truth is there are a lot of hateful scumbags going in every direction.

Edited by MarJhi

Timeline

I don't think it serves much of a purpose, but what you said about it preventing politicians from using the info without our knowledge has a bit of truth to it.  Unfortunately, we never know if we are getting the actual truth or not; all we know for sure is that the media, all of which are owned by elites in our country with their own agendas, will tell us what those elites want us to know.

I don't trust that "news" from the media.  Look at the Las Vegas shooting.  All the food plants catching fire.  The recent spate of train wrecks.  We know of the events, but we will only know the details they want us to believe.

The reality is, for anyone who doesn't live under a rock, that guns are not the problem, nor is youth, nor is one particular sex (though most shootings ARE done by biological males).  The real issue is mental illness.  Nearly every mass murderer in history has had a few screws loose upstairs.  I mean, think about it... who even goes around planning to murder people they don't even know?

On 3/29/2023 at 3:37 PM, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

As usual I win broad support from both sides of the aisle.  A true middle of the road man. I should get life time Rhododendron status