myaumyau

I864 my total income in 24a for me only or joint income?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am a sponsor, and in form I-864, 24.a, 24b, 24c, I need to enter the 3 recent tax years and total income. Considering my wife is also going to be a household member and will be filling up I864A as additional sponsor, should I enter only my income in the total income fields in 24.a, 24.b and 24c? Or should I enter our total household income? Also we have filed as married-joint for all three past years. Where would I find the appropriate amount in the 1040 or IRS return transcript?

21 hours ago, myaumyau said:

Considering my wife is also going to be a household member and will be filling up I864A as additional sponsor, should I enter only my income in the total income fields in 24.a, 24.b and 24c?

For part 6, items 24.a to c on form I-864, copy the Total Income figures exactly as they are listed on your tax returns/transcripts for the 3 most recent tax years.

Your individual income should be listed on part 6, item 7, while your wife's income should be on item 10.

5 hours ago, Chancy said:

For part 6, items 24.a to c on form I-864, copy the Total Income figures exactly as they are listed on your tax returns/transcripts for the 3 most recent tax years.

Your individual income should be listed on part 6, item 7, while your wife's income should be on item 10.

on 24.a to 24.c, should I list MY total income or our joint total income?

13 hours ago, myaumyau said:

on 24.a to 24.c, should I list MY total income or our joint total income?

Again, copy the Total Income figures exactly as they are listed on your tax returns/transcripts.  The number on the line that says "TOTAL INCOME" or "This is your total income".

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 9:24 AM, Chancy said:

Again, copy the Total Income figures exactly as they are listed on your tax returns/transcripts.  The number on the line that says "TOTAL INCOME" or "This is your total income".

Hi question,  since my wife is filing i864A along with my i864 to sponsor my parents.  So  since tax transcripts has our tax returns as married filing jointly and has both of our incomes in there, do me and my wife when filling i864, and i864A both write same numbers ? Wouldn't it double our income?

11 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

since my wife is filing i864A along with my i864 to sponsor my parents.  So  since tax transcripts has our tax returns as married filing jointly and has both of our incomes in there, do me and my wife when filling i864, and i864A both write same numbers ?

Yet again on this thread --

On 3/29/2023 at 2:56 PM, Chancy said:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.