lan0725

Inquiry

8 posts in this topic

Good day po sa lahat. First time ko mag post dito. Ang itatanong ko is for my step son.

He is a US- born citizen, 22 yrs. old. Ang nangyari po is nung sya ay 5 yrs. old dinala sya dito sa pinas ng mom nya and till this year 2023 hindi pa nakakabalik sa US. May binayaran po kami na mag asikaso siguro po mga 5 yrs ago para po makauwi na sya sa US. Andun na po mother at 2 siblings nya. Ang naitindihan ko sa mga napagtanungan namin is babayaran lahat kung ilang yrs na syang andito sa pinas. Nasa mga ilang libo na dolyar na po ang aabutin for sure at hindi po namin afford. Baka meron po kayo masuggest kung ano kaya pwede gawin, gusto gusto na po namin makapiling na sya doon. Gusto ko po gawin ito para sa mga kapatid ng step son ko. 

Edited by lan0725
Lacking words

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, lan0725 said:

Good day po sa lahat. First time ko mag post dito. Ang itatanong ko is for my step son.

He is a US- born citizen, 22 yrs. old. Ang nangyari po is nung sya ay 5 yrs. old dinala sya dito sa pinas ng mom nya and till this year 2023 hindi pa nakakabalik sa US. May binayaran po kami na mag asikaso siguro po mga 5 yrs ago para po makauwi na sya sa US. Andun na po mother at 2 siblings nya. Ang naitindihan ko sa mga napagtanungan namin is babayaran lahat kung ilang yrs na syang andito sa pinas. Nasa mga ilang libo na dolyar na po ang aabutin for sure at hindi po namin afford. Baka meron po kayo masuggest kung ano kaya pwede gawin, gusto gusto na po namin makapiling na sya doon. Gusto ko po gawin ito para sa mga kapatid ng step son ko. 

Google Translate:

Good day everyone. It's my first time to post here. What I am asking is for my step son.

He is a US-born citizen, 22 years old. old. What happened was when he was 5 years old. old he was brought here to the Philippines by his mom and until this year 2023 he has not returned to the US. We paid someone to take care of him maybe 5 years ago so that he could go home to the US. His mother and 2 siblings are already there. What I understood from the people we asked is that everything will be paid for how many years it has been in the Philippines. It will cost several thousand dollars for sure and we can't afford it. Maybe you can suggest what can be done, we want him to be there. I want to do this for my step son's siblings.

I'll flag it for the moderators to move to the Philippines subboard so that the language isn't an issue.

Regards,
Vicky's Mom 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

With his US birth certificate he is a USC.  Apply for a passport at the US embassy/consulate.  You'll need to check the embassy site for the documents he will need.

I am not sure what is meant by "payments".  Does he have debt, is this for a lawyer, or is this for a 3rd party that is promising to get him a visa?

Hi sir. We already got his US passport. I don't exactly know the term, it's like for overstaying. We're really desperate, it's like he can't go back to the US anymore. We were hoping that I can travel back to the US with him this time. Would be the greatest gift we could give him. He could reunite with his older siblings. 

12 minutes ago, lan0725 said:

I don't exactly know the term, it's like for overstaying.

Were any of his parents a Filipino citizen at the time of his birth in the US?  If so, he can also get a Philippine passport and he would not have to pay anything for "overstaying" in the Philippines.  But if his parents were not Filipinos at the time of his birth, he will have to pay the penalty for overstaying.

Hi Ms. Chancy. Yes it seems that is the last resort. None of them have dual citizenship. Both parents were already US citizen that time. I am thinking of going to the Philippine Immigration already and asked myself maybe there's another way or I can let them know the circumstances that we are at. Maybe we could come up with another way.Thank you for sharing by the way. Appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.