wazzujoel

Cuban I-134 success story!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi I have a question. I filed 6 months ago for Humanitarian Parole for my Cuban fiance and have not heard a thing. I saw that you travelled to Trinidad and Tobego and I want to plan a trip to go there with him. My question is how did your Cuban fiance book her ticket? Did she book online and pay in cash at the airport for the ticket? I have searched like crazy online and can't find any answers. My fiance lives in the country and hardly has any connection to look up the answers. I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide me. This has been very difficult on us as he is a nurse and had to quit so he could get a passport and file for Humanitarian Parole. We just need to be able to take a break together. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Unless he came up in the Lottery element you will not hear anything for sometime, a lot of people have applied and there is a long line.

Why did he have to leave his job to apply for HP?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Anyone who is in the medical field is being held in Cuba the medical mission holds your passport and won't allow you to leave. Hence why he had to quit his job in Nursing in order to apply for a personal passport. I know there will be a long wait for parole that's why I want to take a trip with him and wanted to know how he can obtain a plane ticket.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 1/14/2024 at 4:12 PM, Kitkat14 said:

Hi I have a question. I filed 6 months ago for Humanitarian Parole for my Cuban fiance and have not heard a thing. I saw that you travelled to Trinidad and Tobego and I want to plan a trip to go there with him. My question is how did your Cuban fiance book her ticket? Did she book online and pay in cash at the airport for the ticket? I have searched like crazy online and can't find any answers. My fiance lives in the country and hardly has any connection to look up the answers. I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide me. This has been very difficult on us as he is a nurse and had to quit so he could get a passport and file for Humanitarian Parole. We just need to be able to take a break together. Thank you!

When I took this trip it was June 2022 and at the time I was able to buy a direct flights from Havana to Trinidad and Tobego on CaribbeanAir. I booked this flight in the states for her. At the time there was Covid restrictions which almost derailed the entire trip however we were able to work around it with appropriate bribes to get her a WHO approve covid vaccine. This isn't an issue anymore though. So give CaribbeanAir a call and try booking his RT flight for him. T&T might require him to have cash when he arrives because otherwise it looks like he might be trying to commit illegal immigration. When we went, I met her there and arrived before her and explained the situation. Immigration just rushed her through when she arrived because they knew she was with an american and only on a vacation. 

Timeline

As a side note - If you do end up going to Trinidad and Tobago you absolutely must get a rental car and drive out to the eastern coast and stay at the AcaJou hotel! Link below. They have super cute bungalows that are nestled between the beach and a rain forest. The food is locally grown, natural, and fantastic. The accommodations are are very romantic, and nice. And the most amazing part is the beach where this is, from like May-July these massive 2,000-2,500 lb leatherback turtles come onto this beach to instinctly dig a 4 foot hole, lay their eggs, and then head back into the ocean. They do this at night and to the early morning. The beach is protected but they sell passes where you can go with a guide and see all this first hand. Even baby turtles that were laid weeks ago might hatch and climb up through the sand. I helped a little guy get to the ocean, super amazing. And these animals are so massive! You really wont believe it. Probably about the size of a riding lawn mower, except maybe not that tall. 

www.acajoutrinidad.com

Here was one of the turtles in the morning. If you go, get up early and head down to see them in the morning... At night they are guided and give you all the information you need to know. Early in the morning you can go by yourself and still see a few. Most of the magic happens at night.  This turtle pictured below wasn't even one of the big ones. 

image.thumb.jpeg.2bdd03f28bfd0ee20d11407fa7a62e97.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.