Lautermilch

Getting a B1/B2 after an overstay?

20 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I'm pretty curious about why she left after overstaying two years+ and why now three months after leaving, she wants to return.

My thoughts exactly, something is off about this

5 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I'm pretty curious about why she left after overstaying two years+ and why now three months after leaving, she wants to return.

That'll be first question in the head of a consular officer looking at B1/B2 application.

9 hours ago, Lautermilch said:

She just messaged me she she arrived in December of 2019 and left in July of 2022. Covid was one delay as well as someone stealing her money was another.

This will be very amusing story to hear on a Friday afternoon, if the officer asks the question out of curiosity.

Edited by OldUser

5 hours ago, OldUser said:
5 hours ago, OldUser said:

Covid was one delay as well as someone stealing her money was another. 

This will be very amusing story to hear on a Friday afternoon, if the officer asks the question out of curiosity.

Having money stolen must be horrible, but in this context it sounds more like "my dog ate my homework".

15 hours ago, Lautermilch said:

She just messaged me she she arrived in December of 2019 and left in July of 2022. Covid was one delay as well as someone stealing her money was another.

No way is she coming back to the US anytime soon.   LOL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.